BUNAC: Intern in Britain

BUNAC: Intern in Britain

BUNAC's Intern in Britain program is your opportunity to set yourself apart in today's job market by gaining a taste of professional life and work experience, showing future employers you are driven, cultured and can work effectively in an overseas environment.

BUNAC'S TIER 5 VISA:

BUNAC is the largest A-rated Tier 5 visa sponsor. By sponsoring you on a Tier 5 visa, BUNAC works alongside the Home Office to allow you to legally intern in either England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. To obtain a Tier 5 visa, your internship must be a skilled position for a minimum of 25 hours per week complying with National Minimum Wage or UK Volunteer Rights.

We'll guide you through with detailed instructions and help you get the most of your UK internship by also assisting with accommodation, insurance, tax information, tour options and more!

• BUNAC is the largest A-rated Tier 5 visa sponsor. With our sponsorship, BUNAC works alongside the Home Office to allow you to legally intern in either England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
Europe » England » London
Visa Requirement
Biometrics
Weekly Hours
Application Fee
After securing an internship in the UK BUNAC will provide the required sponsorship for the Tier 5 Work Visa, and detailed visa instructions with the option to utilize our Visa Agent. Our dedicated team in the US and UK will be there to assist every step of the way. BUNAC also has options for tours, accommodation, SIM cards and international insurance.

Thanks Carly. Our most up to date costs can be found here: https://www.bunac.org/usa/intern-abroad/professional/britain/inclusions-and-costs The program fee is currently $755. Participants will also need to purchase their visa (£230, paid direct to the UK Government), insurance and their flight to/from the UK.

David

BUNAC helped changed my life!

I was fortunate enough to receive BUNAC's scholarship in 2016. I was immediately thrilled at the potential of interning in Britain because I had studied there just the year before as part of a study abroad program, and I had been actively seeking opportunities to return.

I received the scholarship around August 2016 and then I had to decide if I would search for the placement company on my own or use one of their partner placement companies. I decided to independently seek a placement which took much longer than I anticipated but it ultimately worked out better than I could have imagined. Once securing placement, the BUNAC team was incredibly supportive through the Visa process and the weeks leading up to my UK arrival. I will admit that the idea of moving overseas again without the support of a full school system (as I had the year before) did make me nervous at first, but the BUNAC team was very responsive to e-mails and even facilitated a few phone calls when I requested them to clarify many details.

I ended up in London for a company that I had interned at before while in the US. I was in London from March through June of this year (2017) and had the time of my life. I made incredible friends in and outside of work and the city itself was absolutely overflowing with exciting things to do and see. Upon arriving, I reached out to the BUNAC team to notify them of my arrival and smooth transition and they were very excited for me. I was even able to meet the people who made this experience possible for me when we met at a pub local to their office in the city.

I write this review one month after my return and I am preparing to return to London as the company has agreed to hire me as a full time employee in London. This was all made possible with the support of BUNAC's scholarship and the phenomenal team that were willing to work with me in my aspirations. Thank you so so much for the opportunity. I would definitely recommend reaching out and making the most out of your experience.

If possible (I'm not sure how many program folks there are at a time) it would be cool to have regular meet ups for the BUNAC interns to hear what everyone is doing. I know when I first went out there, I was eager to meet people and did want to meet other foreigners who were going through a similar experience. Could be nice to have a meet up every few months.

Sarah
Ohio State University

Interning in London

My experience thus far with BUNAC has been very good! They helped me prepare for my internship abroad very easily, and I felt even over-prepared. Requirements and deadlines were made very clear, and it was always easy to find the information that I needed. Getting all of my documents together and sent out was easy with all the instruction they provided, and I got my Visa in plenty of time. Very pleased.

My company is not the best. I think they have gotten bad reviews before, so I'm not sure why they're still an option.

Halsey
Connecticut
University of the South

Launched My Career

I owe a lot to the BUNAC program. I had always wanted to work in Venture Capital, and when I found the opportunity to intern for 6 months with one of London's best early stage venture capital firms, Seedcamp, I jumped at the opportunity. The only issue was the visa process - the firm I wanted to work with had never sponsored a visa before and were unsure if they could.

Luckily, I found the team at BUNAC - and they quite literally saved the day. They helped me with my applications, paperwork, best practices and made the process a breeze.

They made sure I was ready with everything I needed (housing, insurance, bank accounts, medical needs) in order to hit the ground running at my internship.

Without the BUNAC program, I never would have made it to London, or gotten a chance to kick start my career at Seedcamp and furthermore receive my job offer from another venture capital firm following my internship.

The BUNAC team made sure I felt like I was at home in London, they even brought me this surprise goody bag on Thanksgiving filled with all kinds of stuff I would be missing.

I highly recommend going with the BUNAC program for anyone that has an interest in landing an internship in the UK - it was an absolutely amazing experience.

I would have liked a meetup with the other interns.

I just wish the program lasted longer.

Kalyn
London, UK
University of Pittsburgh

BUNAC: Intern In Britain -- Go!

After studying abroad through my university, I knew I wanted to return to London as more than a tourist, but the options are limited (besides attempting to marry into British royalty, of course).

BUNAC provides the perfect opportunity for anyone wanting to experience living and interning in the UK, and once I found them, it wasn't too long before I was back on UK soil.

Although you have to find your own internship, BUNAC offers plenty of advice and can point you to resources to help. Once I had found mine, they were incredibly quick about turning my paperwork around and giving me the tools to apply for my visa.

During my time with BUNAC, I interned for a start-up company in London and was able to have some real influence on how the company worked. Now, the company is thriving and has gone from one small office to three larger ones and is becoming a well-known name across the UK. To say that I was a part of it has been a huge achievement and great point of discussion for future job interviews.

While I was with BUNAC, I was informed regularly about events and outings for BUNAC interns. They give you plenty of freedom: you find your internship, decide where you want to live, etc, but I also found they were always responsive and active in your experience if you needed guidance.

I would recommend BUNAC: Intern in Britain to anyone wanting a more immersive experience in the UK than just a few weeks as a tourist, or for those who have studied abroad in the UK and are looking for a way to return and intern.

Since 1962, here at BUNAC we've been enabling hundreds of thousands of young people to go out and explore the world through global Work Abroad, Intern and Volunteering experiences.

All BUNAC programs include step-by-step support. Teach in Thailand, spend six months interning in London or