Au Pair New Zealand

This program has been paused and is currently not being offered. View more programs from InterExchange.

Live the adventure of a lifetime and make a positive impact in the lives of others. Gain experience and boost your resume. InterExchange Working Abroad offers you the chance to participate as an au pair in New Zealand with two different age groups. With a friendly culture and great weather, New Zealand boasts some of the best au pair jobs abroad.

Au pairs on our 5-and-Under program provide care and education for preschool children in Auckland, learning through play in the home environment. As an au pair in New Zealand, you'll receive guidance through New Zealand’s official early childhood education curriculum.

Being an au pair in New Zealand in our 5-and-Up program is much like being a big brother or sister. Duties will often include caring for the children before and after school, attending extracurricular activities together and helping with homework.

Planning a gap year in Europe?

InterExchange is now accepting applications for Au Pair and Language Homestay programs: Join a welcoming host family in France, Italy, the Netherlands, or Spain! Private room and meals covered (and for au pairs a stipend as well). Program durations 1 mo - 1 yr.

Brandy

Au Pairing in New Zealand

My favorite memory so far (and I've only been here for 3 months) would have to be kayaking to Cathedral Cove, which is where they shot part of the second Chronicles of Narnia movie. I was with a bunch of my friends and the experience was just really surreal. Once we got to Cathedral Cove our guides gave us cookies and made us hot chocolate.
No joke. So there I was, chilling on this beautiful beach, drinking hot chocolate, surrounded by friends. Even when I tell this story it doesn't feel like my life but something I dreamed. I think what made this even better though was that none of us took our phones and we'd been to Cathedral Cove (via hiking) the day before. So when we got there we were able to just enjoy it and not worry about updating snapchat or taking a million photos.
Another fun one is this time I went camping with some Dutch friends and we actually got locked into the campsite and had to search for cell service so we could get the code to get out.

I wish I had more opportunities to hang out with other au pairs in a group setting. They have coffee group once a month and occasionally do other events for us but having a space where we could all just hang out would be really wonderful.