Warriors Academy Gap Year Program in South Africa

Warriors Academy is an internationally accredited Gap Year program that has been running in South Africa for the past 17 years.
The Warriors Gap Year program is made up of four seasonal Quests. Each Quest is structured and has unique features and activities. These are focused on equipping young adults with emotional intelligence skills, time, stress and conflict management, leadership, teamwork, problem-solving while exploring and experiencing the best that South Africa has to offer.
Our Gap Year involves adventure activities, personal coaching and self-mastery workshops aimed at building emotional fitness and strengthening both the body and mind. Some of these activities include hiking, kloofing, water rafting, bungee jumping, cycle safari’s, animal encounters and so much more.
We also run our MAI (Multi-activity Instructor) program for those looking for a career in the adventure industry.

• Warriors Academy is accredited by the International Gap Year Association
  • Warriors Academy provides a comprehensive variety of training, activities, experiences and travel
  • Our program is highly structured with a focus on personal growth and development
  • We have highly qualified, trained and experienced facilitators
  • Once you become a Warrior, you become part of a family

• 9-10 rating 93.01%
  • 7-8 rating 6.99%
  • Program Selection 9
  • Pre-departure Help 10
  • In-program Support 10
  • Impact on Student 10
Cornelia

WAT

This was the best thing that my daughter could do after matric. She came back with so much more than I ever expected. She has a lot of good memories to hold on to when things get tough now and consider the warrior team part of her family. Every task she did gave her more confidence and made her realize that no matter what there is always a solution. Friends can save your life so choose them wisely, and be a friend, you never know when someone might need a helping hand. She will not exchange this time for anything thing else.

What was your funniest moment?
To see a man cook dinner, and made it so well! She made that dish for a few people now, and it is getting to be a family tradition dish..
Mik

Attending the Warriors' Gap Year Programme makes you a stronger person both physically and mentally

The Gap year program of Warriors which our son attended for two quests in 2020 has been a great experience for him both physically and mentally. He gained more self-confidence by functioning in a diverse group of youngsters under challenging situations. He starts understanding that he is the one that can make the change. He is not there yet but the program helped him to become a better person for himself, his friends and family. I can recommend the program for teenagers who are looking for goals and structure in their lifes (although they may see this different at the start)

Cameron

Life changing

After I have finish my A levels in Singapore I will with out even contemplating go on the gap year with the Warriors Academy, but until then I will just have to bide my time. I strongly believe that the warriors have change my life multiple times and I have no complaints what so ever. The food, activities, accommodation and vibes were “off the wall”
I had an amazing week with them on the Warriors Adventure Tour. This week is a great introduction to the gap year and I recommend it to anyone considering a gap year.

You must be open to do things you would not necessary do on your own accord.
Derryn

Warriors tour

This tour has left me completely speechless, there are no words that can truly explain my experience. I found myself again. I was able to get my adrenaline pumping and experience nature in a whole new way! I made so many new friends who I know will be friends for life. I was able to create a special individual connection with each person. The facilitators really made me feel comfortable and at home. There was no judgment no matter who you are or where you are from. I would highly recommend this tour to any adrenaline junky teen who need to get out for a while.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I met someone who makes me feel like I am safe and loved, I fell in love with out realising it.
Zach

EPIC!!!

Warriors Academy is an extraordinary experience that helps develop yourself and inspires you to become the best you, by challenging your limits and teaching you life skills. Challenging your limits means you pause long enough to understand what it is all about before deciding what to do.Teaching life skills develops critical thinking, problem solving, and performance skills, and creates learning experiences that create memories. Memories tell stories that create rich emotions and feelings of joy.

Wiaan

Warriors trip

This trip to me personally was really a life changer. The amount of fun I experienced during the short period of time was more than I have experienced in the rest off this year. During this time I met a lot of new friends and we got along really well, and I even ended up falling in love. I leard a lot of lessons such as the value of friendship, leadership, respect, trust, etc. This trip really is worth it and I would suggest this trip to all teens out there, as it is perfect for all. Next year I'll be assisting at this trip and hopes to see a lot of new faces

What was your funniest moment?
Having a mosquitoe fly up my nose and shooting it back out straight to the tent.
Cameron

My big review

My experience on the tour was great because it brought lots of people from all over to come and spend time with each other and get to know each other better. All the activities we did brought us all together.Everyone that went and all the leaders of the camp where all welcoming and kind towards each other which made the tour a-lot more fun. The activities that we did where fun and we where constantly doing something which was good because we where never sitting still and doing nothing,I would definitely recommend for anybody to come and try out and visit the camp

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve racking experience was when we went to go and do the big swing and standing and waiting for your turn to jump
Nelie

Warriors Academy Tour 2020

Was the best week of my life. Learned and did so much. It was amazing. They learn you to face your fear. They also build up your self-esteem up so much. The staff are so motivated and make you believe so much in yourself. The energy of the entire program are amazing. There is never a dull moment the entire time. The food are absolutely to die for and at the same time healthy. No matter how bad you did at something they wil always gives you a positive inspiration talk. I whould do it anytime again.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
They learned us how to make a belly. This was amazing.