• South Africa

Courses
Professional coaching services
Travelling
Training materials
Registrations and equipment as per activities

Excludes:
Laundry services
Personal pocket money
Personal gear such as bicycle, camping gear, hiking gear and tents (Can be rented from Rene)
Activities outside of prospectus
Medical emergencies
Transport to and from Warriors Academy at the start and finish of each Quest (Transport can be arranged on request)
Emergency transportation to doctors or other related services
Medical and Travel Insurance (US students it is pre-requisite to get travel and medical insurance from iNext, to be added to your account)
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Some Activities Some Equipment Meals Park Fees Some Park Fees Tour Guide Transportation Wifi
What's Not Included
Airfare Domestic Airfare Airport Transfers SIM cards Travel Insurance Visa
Nov 06, 2020
Apr 12, 2022
45 travelers are looking at this program

Warriors Academy is an internationally accredited Gap Year program that has been running in South Africa for the past 17 years.
The Warriors Gap Year program is made up of four seasonal Quests. Each Quest is structured and has unique features and activities. These are focused on equipping young adults with emotional intelligence skills, time, stress and conflict management, leadership, teamwork, problem-solving while exploring and experiencing the best that South Africa has to offer.
Our Gap Year involves adventure activities, personal coaching and self-mastery workshops aimed at building emotional fitness and strengthening both the body and mind. Some of these activities include hiking, kloofing, water rafting, bungee jumping, cycle safari’s, animal encounters and so much more.
We also run our MAI (Multi-activity Instructor) program for those looking for a career in the adventure industry.

Program Highlights

• Warriors Academy is accredited by the International Gap Year Association
  • Warriors Academy provides a comprehensive variety of training, activities, experiences and travel
  • Our program is highly structured with a focus on personal growth and development
  • We have highly qualified, trained and experienced facilitators
  • Once you become a Warrior, you become part of a family

• 9-10 rating 91.51%
  • 7-8 rating 8.49%
  • Program Selection 9
  • Pre-departure Help 10
  • In-program Support 10
  • Impact on Student 10
Hanru

Warriors gap year program

Warriors is a truly awesome place , I’ve learnt and experience so much different things there it was really fun and eye opening , i would really recommend this gap year program for any student . At warriors they taught us that if you look at all the bad stuff in situations thats all you’re going to see but if you look at it with a more positive mindset you’ll enjoy it more . Im really grateful that i could experience this amazing place as-well as the people there , they teach you valuable life skills and is always there for you no matter what . Thanks for everyone at warriors !!

Pros
  • Positive mindset
  • Pushing myself more
  • Experiencing new things
Cons
  • Theres no cons .
Wayne

Wayne's warriors experience

My experience here at warriors has been the best loads of breakthroughs self descovery. I enjoyed my 7 weeks here at warriors did loads of things that i never thought i would do in my entire life such as the adventures like hiking and camping for a whole week. If you told me that I'm gonna do such things 4 months ago i would've laughed at you because wow. I made lifelong friends with the hope of meeting again in future has beeen amazing indeed such an experience is irreplaceable. I would never change anything for this in my entire life.

• Adventure
Hidde

Warriors Academy

What's important to know about Warriors is that it's certainly NOT a vacation camp. This place is designed to get you to your most uncomfortable stage, to learn from it. Many times I have encountered myself in many different ways which made me learn a lot about myself and others around me. It was a wonderful experience and if you're looking for a cap year with a purpose of learning something and have fun times this is something for you. I would definitely recommend this course to everyone having a cap year.

Pros
  • Having fun and extraordinary experiences
  • Learning much about yourself and others
  • Getting a lot fitter
Ruk

Summer quest (Ruk)

I very love this place, it is very amazing to have a chance to doing this gap year program. I love everything about this place they make me grow as mentally and physically, people and environmental here are very welcome and support you 100% with make you happy to be here and enjoy every activity. All the adventures program are making you to challenge yourself to finish it and it is very hard but it is come with joy and fun, all the things that I have done at this gap year program on this summer quest it make me proud of myself by step out and doing something that I never do.

Pros
  • Adventure program
  • People
  • Learning what you really want to do and all about yourself
Cons
  • A lot of hills
Tobias

Summer quest

I have learned very much at warriors I get what they do to young people that don’t know what their next step is. I would recommend everybody this gab year because it wil be the best choice in your life. You learn how life works, discipline, focus and a goal in your life. Again this has changed my life and my view of life. I have very much respect for the people that helped me and the people that are in charge here because what they do they do it with passion and they wil give everything to help you grow

Pros
  • Hiking
  • Abseiling
  • Mountain biking
Cons
  • Food
  • Homesick
  • Phone rules
Caitlin

An awesome gap year program with amazing activities and adventures

Had an awesome adventure and I learnt so much about myself and my capabilities. Experienced things I would never have experienced anywhere else. Met new people from around the world and have made some incredible friendships. Warriors has given me the opportunity to find myself and figure out what I want out of life. Will never forget the memories made here. Have hiked, cycled , run , swam and so much more. Warriors caters for every type of person and personality truly a life changing experience. Would recommend to everyone !

Pros
  • Beautiful views
  • New people
  • Exciting adventures
Cons
  • Away from home
  • Being put out of your comfort zone
  • Some tense situations
Joy

Warriors 2022

It is full of adventure that pushes you to the next level. It has the perfect level of fun and risks to keep things interesting. The friends you make at warriors become family and you go through many ups and downs together that will have a major impact on how you present yourself in the future. It has taught me to live life in the moment and enjoy every second even when times are tough. The facilitators are all friendly and helpful and the accommodation is decent enough if you're into the outdoors.

Anna

warriors review

i have learned so many valuable skills for life. It is difficult to describe all the experiences, as it is hard to grasp the intensity, however i have made lifelong friends and pushed myself to my physical and mental limits. i have been able tp establish a strong and poitove mindset and am now more aware of what i can physically and mentally achieve. i really loved learning about my spiritual and mental health. Everyone I have met has inspired me in different ways. I am forever grateful for this experience

Pros
  • unique activities
  • beautiful views
  • amazing people
Cons
  • need to stick to program
  • rules
  • lack of privacy