Warriors Academy Gap Year Program in South Africa

We always come back up!
We always come back up!
The ride is never easy.  Do not give up!
The ride is never easy. Do not give up!
After a very long and difficult hike.
After a very long and difficult hike.
Scuba!
Scuba!
Capetown
Capetown
Tumi
Tumi
Arrival Coffee bay after Wild Coast hike
Warriors race

The Warriors Academy Gap Year program is aimed at developing each individual participant through a series of four 7-week adventure Quests. Each quest has a flagship adventure activity and is supported by numerous secondary activities. This is a highly dynamic and active program designed to create an exciting environment for personal and emotional growth. Participants can choose to do any one of the Quests or to do all four as a full Gap year program. The Second Year Multi-Activity-Instructors (MAI) course is aimed at those individuals that would like to pursue a career in the Adventure tourism industry equipping them with all the needed skills to become a professional Instructor or guide.

• Program Selection 9
  • Pre-departure Help 10
  • In-program Support 10
  • Impact on Student 10
Joshua

Awesome gap year experience

I participated in the 2020 summer quest and would highly recommend this program to any who is not sure of what they are going to be doing with their future.
Base camp is set in the beautiful mountains in Limpopo. A beautiful backdrop during which I learned a lot about myself during Toltec week and on many of the other adventures. I met lots of new people who started out as strangers but became family in the end. I am very sad I am unable to complete the other quests due to the Covid pandemic.
Joshua
South Africa

I would not change a single thing. This gap year program is perfect
Julene

Warriors adventure of being alive

The meaning of warriors for me is being strong and not giving up. Warriors have driven me towards my purpose and fulfilled me with inner and outer strength. It thought me discipline and self confidence. The importance of integrity. And how working together does not only makes things better for others but also for yourself.

Every person here thought me something. Agree to disagree. And in the end it all comes down to win win. We all came here for one reason and that is to better our self in some areas in our life.

The incredible thing about being part of Warriors is that you have the opportunity to get answers for things you've always questioned. People who support you and give you advice on years of knowledge and experience. We may not be family by blood but we know each other better than most families do.

How I see it is you can either come here to enjoy it like you would on vacation and do the Adventure part. Or you can better yourself while being on an adventure.

Before I came to warriors my life was pretty blurry. I didn't see a way through. I had no determination to do the things that had to be done. In the beginning it was hard but you get used to the tough times.

The amount of knowledge I gained is unexplainable. I see things differently now. Life is different now.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Have more people from around the world to join in on the adventure and physical and mental challenges.
Luc

My Gap Year

Most entertaining way to spend your gap year possible, they have a bit of anything for just about everyone. You'll improve yourself both physically and mentally and have fun while doing it. The program really pushes you and makes you leave your comfort zone in order to grow as a person and this is probably my favourite aspect of the program.
The staff are also a great addition to the program, being more than just facilitators, they are like a friend that you can look up to and learn from.
Would recommend to just about everyone!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Within the first week of being here we learnt how to walk on fire.
Thomas

Great opportunity to grow physically and mentally

Being from the Netherlands I've never been an outdoors person since there is no outdoor scene where i come from. The first few weeks where tough for me but i noticed that i grew a lot in all aspects of my life. I would have never thought i would be a person that enjoys running and going out on adventures but now its all i want to do. This adventure would not be the same if it wasn't for the people here, the staff is absolutely amazing and they play a big role in the development we go through here. I would recommend everyone that gets the opportunity to come here to take it.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
In the first few weeks we did a triathlon, i never thought I would be able to do that but i ended finishing way earlier than i would have expected.
Robyn

Quest 1&2

Incredible experience especially first quest where you challenge yourself emotionally during Toltec. From just that one week I created unexpected bonds with people and it set the tone for the rest of the 6 weeks. So sad to be leaving warriors but I feel ready and prepared to go to university and grow even further. I have learned life long skills that I wish every kid coming out of high school could have the chance to experience and the staff are phenomenal at supporting and molding some very broken people into functioning young adults.

I wish that gap year programs were a more common option for students coming out of school. Not just targeted to people who don’t know there next step In life.
Alex

The best thing I ever did.

Warriors academy honestly changed my life. If it wasnt for warriors I wouldn't have figured out what I wanted to do with my life! Not to mention the best adventure I have ever been on! From the mountains to the lowlands. Aswell as working with different ideas and developing my own personal skills. They are also non religious! Whatever u believe in when u arrive is what will strengthen when u leave! Every part of this course is built to make you stronger and more powerful than ever! I would suggest this to any one straight out of school!

Trust the process. Just explore and harness you're true adventurer. Get every feeling from everything you do. Do it all and regret nothing
Marno

Warriors academy

So
It’s easy to say that this place one of a kind in every aspect possible.
Once you arrive on basecamp property your view on a lot of things will change, and new friendships will be formed definitely.
The day to day activities make time feel no existent, every day brings also a new challenge.
A daily routine of higher class is brought among you within a few weeks.
The wide range of people from different countries teach you a new way at approaching a culture with new eyes even.
Other wise warriors is a good investment.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
We got to spend a evening with rhinos within touching distance, pretty dope.
Michael

Warriors 2020

Hi there, I'm Michael.

I have participated in the Warriors Academy for 4 months now. It is the perfect place for people who want to grow and turn in to the person they have the potential to be. There are no judgements at Warriors. You can be free to be who you want to be without judgement. The activities are really fun, especially the ones that involve adventure. The base camp itself is large with nice comfortable cabins and the food is also great. I really enjoyed the exercise everyday because it's a great way to keep fit. In layman's terms, a place to grow yourself mentally and physically. Highly recommend for students who don't know what they want to do yet, like myself. Fantastic

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Climbing over Devils Knuckles. It was intense but worth it.