• South Africa

Courses
Professional coaching services
Travelling
Training materials
Registrations and equipment as per activities

Excludes:
Laundry services
Personal pocket money
Personal gear such as bicycle, camping gear, hiking gear and tents (Can be rented from Rene)
Activities outside of prospectus
Medical emergencies
Transport to and from Warriors Academy at the start and finish of each Quest (Transport can be arranged on request)
Emergency transportation to doctors or other related services
Medical and Travel Insurance (US students it is pre-requisite to get travel and medical insurance from iNext, to be added to your account)
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Some Activities Some Equipment Meals Park Fees Some Park Fees Tour Guide Transportation Wifi
What's Not Included
Airfare Domestic Airfare Airport Transfers SIM cards Travel Insurance Visa
Nov 06, 2020
Oct 15, 2021

Warriors Academy is an internationally accredited Gap Year program that has been running in South Africa for the past 17 years.
The Warriors Gap Year program is made up of four seasonal Quests. Each Quest is structured and has unique features and activities. These are focused on equipping young adults with emotional intelligence skills, time, stress and conflict management, leadership, teamwork, problem-solving while exploring and experiencing the best that South Africa has to offer.
Our Gap Year involves adventure activities, personal coaching and self-mastery workshops aimed at building emotional fitness and strengthening both the body and mind. Some of these activities include hiking, kloofing, water rafting, bungee jumping, cycle safari’s, animal encounters and so much more.
We also run our MAI (Multi-activity Instructor) program for those looking for a career in the adventure industry.

Program Highlights

• Warriors Academy is accredited by the International Gap Year Association
  • Warriors Academy provides a comprehensive variety of training, activities, experiences and travel
  • Our program is highly structured with a focus on personal growth and development
  • We have highly qualified, trained and experienced facilitators
  • Once you become a Warrior, you become part of a family

• 9-10 rating 93.12%
  • 7-8 rating 6.88%
  • Program Selection 9
  • Pre-departure Help 10
  • In-program Support 10
  • Impact on Student 10
Luc

Experience of a Lifetime

The best decision you could make for a gap year, if not your life. It is a place of remarkable growth and development and you learn to flourish in your day-to-day environment, that’s along side the daily adrenaline filled activities. It is situated in the most stunning place in South Africa and has the best staff in all aspects, you’ll find yourself immersed among people who bring you up and make you feel at home, Warriors academy is definitely my second home and is the reason I went back for a second year.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I had to change anything, it would’ve been my mindset and would’ve pushed myself from the very beginning.
Kelly

The Adventure of a Lifetime!

Warriors Academy gave me the opportunity to step away from my life and live a completely different one. One filled with adventure, thrill and excitement, but also challenges and personal growth.
From a city girl that had never been mountain biking or hiking or camping, to someone who is currently searching for the next bungee jump I can do, this was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
My favourite part of my experience was the people I got to share it with. I made the most special bonds and friendships with my fellow warriors and facilitators. I will forever cherish the memories we made together.
My eyes were opened to the incredible beauty of this country that I had not quite been exposed to before, and I did things I would never have otherwise done.
Warriors showed me what a thrill it is to be alive, and taught me that growth follows discomfort - so do your future-self a favour and throw yourself in the deep end!
If you are even considering the Warriors Gap Year Program - DO IT! You will not regret it.

1 person found this review helpful.
Armando

Warriors is great

Great personal growth with improvements in all aspects of life depending on what quest you do. Would recommend doing the whole year. Tons of fun activities that will test your strength and will at every turn. You will learn team building skills, mental strength, mutual support, physical strength, and critical thinking. You will learn to be more aware of the situations you find yourself in while also learning to enjoy everything you do. You will also create valuable friendships. The party scene is not great though as most parties that the program organized were not very fun and even those they didn’t were not anything special.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Survival was mentally intense given the effort it takes to go through with it. It is a surprise experience and I cannot spoil it but it is the hardest thing I’ve done so far in my life.
Jacques

Warriors 2021

My son started at Warriors as a boy and ended as a mature, responsible well adjusted man.
He now fully understands and take full responsibility for his actions. He understands humility and know when to be humble and show gratitude. He also has a better understanding of what he wants out of life and has found direction.
I must be honest and admit that this "nice adventurous vacation" for my son was an initial solution for his indecisiveness as well as the Covid 19 disruptions.
However, he experienced much much more than we both thought possible. He is focused and ready to take on the brave new world of adulthood.
He is also more motivated and is looking forward to start at Potchefstroom University in 2022.
If in any doubt, get your child to enrol with the Warriors Academy, I guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised.

1 person found this review helpful.
Schalk

Warriors RULE!

This was the best thing I could've done for my son! If I had 10, all 10 would've done this program, that's for sure! Brandon had the time of his life, every day. He could not stop talking about everything they did. He changed into a man after the first quest, not to mention what happened after the second, third and fourth! Every time he came home, he just wanted to back, one day later. What does that tell you? I would seriously recommend this program to anyone in doubt! Well done Warriors, and thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

Caroline

Best gap year

Most amazing experiences adventures and experiences throughout the quests such as skydiving, paddling the orange river, bungee jumping, hiking the Drakensberg, scuba diving, cycling. Most importantly here at Warriors we've focused alot on personal growth and mastery of self allowing us to go into the world with a changed mindset and alot of gratitude and passion for the things we love doing.
Warriors has shown me how strong I am not only physically but also mentally.
I can honestly say this is the best gap year.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Sitting on the edge of the plane door before skydiving.
Megan

Warriors review

I grow so much in myself! I did amazing things and i learned so much about life, myself and people. Is was incredible!! We did ski diving, bungee jumping, 5 days on the orange River wich was the best thing i ever did in my life. The nature around me and my group.
We did a wild coast hike for 5 days, the things i sow, I wil never forget.
Warriors tought me to be grateful, for the good and the bad because then you grow, for the big and the small and for the things we often see as a must have. I would never forget warriors

Ayrton

Gap Year Experience

Warriors’ gets you out of your comfort zone, and into an environment of growth and stability. It was a great experience, and one worth giving a chance.

Warriors gave me a chance to break from the doldrums I found myself in before arriving. The few weeks I spent on the Winter Quest of 2021 provided me with clarity and direction. I made lifelong friendships. My experience here was great, and I know I’ll look back on these few weeks fondly. I would highly recommend it to any potential gap year students!

Come prepared to be worked hard, and to experience life in new and exciting ways.