Warriors Academy Gap Year Program in South Africa

The Warriors Academy Gap Year program is aimed at developing each individual participant through a series of four 7-week adventure Quests. Each quest has a flagship adventure activity and is supported by numerous secondary activities. This is a highly dynamic and active program designed to create an exciting environment for personal and emotional growth. Participants can choose to do any one of the Quests or to do all four as a full Gap year program. The Second Year Multi-Activity-Instructors (MAI) course is aimed at those individuals that would like to pursue a career in the Adventure tourism industry equipping them with all the needed skills to become a professional Instructor or guide.

• Program Selection 9
  • Pre-departure Help 10
  • In-program Support 10
  • Impact on Student 10
Jennifer

Warriors Gap year program - the best gift to our daughter!

Our daughter graduated from high school last year and was not ready for college. She lacked motivation, maturity and independence and we were afraid that if we sent her to college she would drop out and feel like a failure.
Instead, we looked for a gap year program that would help her to bridge that gap, that would restore her confidence in herself and help her grow into the wonderfully brave and strong student that she is. She had the most amazing experience at Warriors. She learnt to face her fears and challenge herself to do things that she had never tried before. Warriors is so much more than an adventure holiday for students. They teach them so many life skills and build their self esteem. The counselors were such great role models and mentors and helped each warrior in setting life goals. They helped them find purpose and problem solve. Our daughter returned home like a different person. She has successfully transitioned into college and is more motivated and eager to do her best than ever before. I can only say, "Thank you Warriors!" This was the best decision we ever made.

What was your funniest moment?
There were many funny moments. We loved to watch the Videos they posted on Facebook and see what our Warriors were up to.
M.N.

When in doubt about your next step: Warriors gap year!!

Our son was not sure which direction to take after highschool. He had already tried several options, but nothing stuck and he started to do all sort of crazy things with friends. He agreed somthing needed to change. After 2 quests (during corona....) he came home, a somewhat different person. He now is in a much better shape, both physically and psychologically. He enjoyed the activities and the daily workouts (seriousely!!!) Now he started school again and he still works out several times a week. The only regret he has is that he did not follow the full gap year program....

We had doubts about the price, because for us Warriors program was not something we could just afford. But when you consider this will have an impact on the rest of your life, it is more than worthwhile.
Mark

Warriors Academy

My son went to Warriors and within 4 months he had gained so much confidence in himself. He started to properly understand his own potential which was amazing to see. He is such a naturally talented individual but The Traditional schooling system did not build any level of confidence in him. The programme is well rounded with physical, spiritual, and mental challenges. The people who run the programme have a passion for what they do and for helping people reach their true potential. Thank you to all the staff and owners of Warriors Acadamy!

Saul

Warriors Academy Gap Year Program in South Africa

My son just completed school and this course filled those precious gaps in his armour and knowledge, to unlock the joy and opportunity in his adult life, which is something to be treasured
The diversity of the course about nature and human habit is immense
The mantra of healthy positve living is commendable
The life lessons of how to recover from a setback on all spheres of life and to excel
Not to be a victim but to be in charge of your own destiny
To have a humble confidence that comes from deep inside, knowing the gifts that were bestowed upon you

What was your funniest moment?
To watch the regular YouTube feeds, often with some hilarious moments when these young adults are taken out of their comfort zones
Emil

Warriors Academy

I spent a total of 21 weeks with the warriors family and there is no way I can describe my experience a few simple words!
All advice I can give anyone considering coming to warriors is one simple sentence... Don’t hold back for a single second! Take every challenge by the horns and don’t let go.
This program is jam packed with all the things you thought you would never do! From sky diving to hiking in the Kruger National park and so much more!
I promise anyone who decides to join this program that you will not regret it!

What was your funniest moment?
Swinging over the water in the early morning hours with all my warm clothes and not taking into account the extra stretch of the rope!
David

Warriors Academy

Warriors Academy has taught me more in 1 year them I have known throughout my whole school syllabus. They push you to self master yourself to become a higher version of yourself that you never knew existed. Every quest that goes by you notice huge changes in your self growth and determination. I'm making sure that all 3 of my brothers join Warriors once they are done with school. Some of the stuff that we learn at Warriors, people go there whole lives without knowing or experiencing. Warriors has brought me to my full potential and I wish that for anyone who gets the opportunity to find out about this place.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Just realizing how many people go into university and the work industry without knowing the things that Warriors has brought me to realize and understand about life.
Nina

Warriors Academy

They are just amazing ! Helping you get that physical exercise and emotional support . Warriors academy is for adventurous and outgoing people . I’ve only spent one week here and enjoying it so much ! I started studying but then it wasn’t for me . I started to think do i want to keep studying something thats not for me or work on myself ? And decided to take a gap year . I heard of warriors from a good friend and decided to give it a go . A gap year is not bad it helps you actually a lot ! I would definitely recommend warriors .

Simeon

Warriors academy

Best year to find yourself and better yourself. You get to do things that you never thought you would do. It is as physically as emotionally. You develop skills that are going to be very useful in life. It doesn't matter where you come from or what you've done in you're life, if you come to warriors you will turn you're life around and be the best version of you. The hikes are beautiful aswel as the cycling. You get amazing well balanced food. I would recommend warriors to anyone that wants to find themselves or have a better vision of what they want in life while having fun.