API Gap Year: Hispanic Studies in Barcelona

Enjoy Barcelona with API!
Enjoy Barcelona with API!
parc guell barcelona
parc guell barcelona
API Gap Year Program in Barcelona
API Gap Year Program in Barcelona
barcelona dancer
barcelona dancer

Join API Gap Year at the Universidad de Barcelona! Students are not required to have any Spanish but at least one year is recommended. At the beginning of the program, students will be given a test to ascertain their Spanish language skills and then placed in the appropriate class. The courses in Spanish are supplemented by courses on Spanish culture as well as cultural activities outside of the classroom.

API Gap Year programs are open to high school graduates, who are considering taking a gap year before enrolling in college. Visit the API Gap Year site to learn more about this language and culture gap year program in Barcelona.

API Scholarships
API Scholarships and Financial Aid Information

API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.

$250 - $1,000

Miranda

Goal Barcelona

My study abroad experience with API in Barcelona, Spain is one I will never forget. API made my experience even more incredible with all the helped provided with the emotional cycle, culture immersion, academics, housing, and so much more. I'm very grateful to have studied abroad with such an amazing programs. The on-site staff helped us all get adjusted with out first few days being in a foreign country. Also, through the semester, the staff organized trips to other cities in Spain, workshops, 'futbol' league, as well as volunteer opportunities outside of school. API did an amazing job with helping dive into the culture to learn even more about the the beautiful country. The classes at Universitat Pompeu Fabra were exactly what they lived up to, as well as great professor the helped adapt into the new learning style. The living accommodations provided by the program gives the student options on their preference with a host family, apartments, or dorms. I choose to stay with a host family to really immerse myself into the culture. If I could go my trip over again, I would still choose staying with a host family. Again, my decision to pick this program exceeded all my standards and I with I could have stayed longer!

I don't have any comments on how the program could be improved as I enjoyed all aspects of my experience.

Location:
72 F / 43 F
Airports:
Barcelona–El Prat
( BCN )

Whether you prefer beaches, buildings, or history, Barcelona is the place to be. Spend your time admiring Gaudi's work at La Sagrada Familia, walking down the Mar Bella beach, or learning about the history in Catalonia.

About API

College students may study abroad with API in over two dozen countries across Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East. With a wide variety of courses offered in almost every major discipline and in various languages of instruction, it is...