View Other Details
- Advising, @api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, and Scholarships.
- Airport Reception, Resident Director, API Center, On-Site Orientation, Housing (Including Meals and Laundry with Some Options), Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (Overnight, Day and International in some locations), Social and Cultural Activities, API Learning and Engagement Badge Program, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, and Volunteer Opportunities.
- Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni-Network, and Development Opportunities.
Barcelona, Spain is a city of contradictions: old and new intertwined, beautiful and industrial, traditional and avant-garde. Bordered by France to the north and the Mediterranean Sea to the east, Barcelona is one of the most ‘European’ of Spanish cities. Stroll Las Ramblas, one of the city’s most famous and busy boulevards and weave through the medieval streets of the Gothic Quarter (Barri Gòtic). Enjoy the unique and colorful architecture of Barcelona’s most famed architect, Antoni Gaudí. Barcelona is a very cosmopolitan city that combines the latest trends with the most typical Spanish traditions. Barcelona offers museums, cinemas, restaurants, clubs, bars, the beach and the mountains, and people from all over the world.
- Attend class near the famous Sagrada Familia church in Barcelona
- Wide variety of courses offered in English as well as Spanish language courses
- Open to students of all Spanish language levels!
- Fall and Spring semesters offer an international excursion to jumpstart your exploration of the European continent
The Universitat de Barcelona was established in 1450 and is the oldest and largest university in Barcelona. Students complete Spanish language and culture courses alongside other American, Erasmus (European) and international students in the university’s Department of Hispanic Studies. API offers three programs at this university: Semester Spanish Language and Culture Studies, Summer Intensive Spanish Language Studies, Tourism & Hospitality Studies.
The Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona was founded in 1968 and is well known for its international profile. API students complete classes in English and in Spanish with mostly American students at two different campuses. APi programs at this university include: Semester Business and Liberal Arts, Summer Intensive Spanish Language Studies, and Summer Business and International Studies.
The Universitat Pompeu Fabra has quickly become one of the city’s most respected universities. From its beginnings, this academic institution has emphasized two main objectives: to train professionals and citizens who are responsible and committed to civic values and to contribute towards the development of research. Available programs include: Summer Spanish and Catalan Studies, Human and Social Sciences Program in English in Barcelona. and Multidisciplinary Studies for Advanced Speakers.
ESADE is an independent nonprofit university institution with a strong academic reputation, and is one of a select group of institutions worldwide to achieve the triple crown of business accreditation. Students who are looking to study abroad in Barcelona over the summer and take business and international studies courses in English at an elite academic institution are good candidates for this program.
Founded in 1961, Elisava – Escola Universitària de Barcelona | Disseny i Enginyeria was the first School of Design to open in Spain, and as a pioneer set the methodological guidelines that have served as a starting point for other similar schools. Throughout its history, ELISAVA’s role has been instrumental in shaping the culture of design in Catalonia and Spain. ELISAVA is a college of Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
API Scholarships and Financial Aid Information
API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.