COVID-19 Program UpdatesDue to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Outward Bound has decided to pause some of their upcoming programs temporarily. Learn more about COVID-19 updates and sign up for email notifications to stay tuned regarding program information.
It takes a special kind of person to become an outdoor educator. They brave the elements, day in and day out. They devote a lifetime to working with all kinds of people. They practice patience and compassion, and hone technical, facilitation and leadership skills.
Not everyone has what it takes. But for those who find their calling under the wide blue sky, our Outdoor Educator courses are designed just for you.
These expeditions offer hands-on teaching experience – so participants can develop top-notch technical skills. With an emphasis on student dynamics, group and individual facilitation, and safety and risk management, Instructor courses prepare students to be elite outdoor leaders and compassionate educators with proven and practical expertise. Best of all, every lesson takes place in rugged experiential learning environments, alongside world-class Outward Bound Instructors.
- Develop top-notch technical skills with the best Instructors in the industry
- Learn group and individual facilitation, along with safety and risk management
- Return home as an elite outdoor leader and compassionate educator with proven and practical expertise
- Receive your Wilderness First Responder certification
- Explore exotic and remote locations in the U.S. and the world