Study abroad this summer in Costa Rica with Blyth Academy International Summers!
The North Pacific Coast of Costa Rica offers among the best and most easily accessible diving sites in the country, an abundance of marine life, and vast expanses of tropical dry forests that often line the darker sandy beaches that lend Playas del Coco its name. Students will have the opportunity to hike inland trails, zip line above treetops, climb hanging bridges, relax in the mineral-rich hot springs, boat on the volcanic Lake Arenal, and swim along the idyllic coastline.
For those who want to get closer to nature and learn about its inner workings, this area is an ideal spot to get an up-close look at an array of animals, including many species of seabirds and monkeys, and the hundreds of sea turtles who come ashore to lay their eggs each year. Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve provides the opportunity to learn about cloud forest ecology and the thousands of species connected to it.
- Earn a Grade 11 or 12 Ontario Secondary School Credit.
- Earn High School Community Service Hours.
- Hike a Volcano and explore the rainforest at night.
- Zip line through the trees, then refresh and relax in volcanic hotsprings.
- Opt in to a variety of excursions to enrich your experience abroad.