Travel for Teens: Greece

Travel for Teens: Greece

On our summertime adventure through some of Greece’s most popular destinations, we'll scuba dive and snorkel through crystal waters, relax on island paradise, eat like Gods, and explore the ancient culture that is at the heart of Western Civilization. You'll have the chance to meet and interact with the people who call Greece home. As always, safety is our primary concern. Our experienced counselors will be with you at all times to guide you through this ancient land and its magnificent culture!

Adventure & Culture

Greece and Italy: Experience the best of the Mediterranean on our Greece and Italy program this summer! Step back in history as you discover the sites where Western civilisation began and be mesmerized by the beauty and culture of these two amazing countries.

Greece: Athens and the Islands: Delve into Greek history in Athens and then get a taste of the island life while you island hop to two of the prettiest islands in the Mediterranean: Paros and Santorini.

Europe for Older Teens: Greece and Italy: Discover the breathtaking beauty and unique cultures of Greece and Italy on this program designed just for older teens! Step back in time in Rome and Athens, cruise the Amalfi Coast, and fall in love with the people and culture of the Mediterranean.

Europe for Older Teens: Greece Island Hopping: Travel like a local as you island hop through some of Greece's most beautiful destinations on this program made specifically for older teens! Discover ancient history and experience Greek culture first-hand on this adventure of a lifetime!

Europe for Older Teens: Greece, Italy and the Islands: Explore the beauty of the Mediterranean and its unique cultures as you travel through Greece and Italy. Uncover ancient history, interact with locals, and hop between some of the world's most spectacular islands on this amazing program designed especially for older teens!

Service, Adventure & Culture

Greece and Italy Service: Island Service and Italian Adventure: Join us on a one-of-a-kind program as we travel to the island paradise of Corfu where we will participate in a variety of volunteer projects. Give back to the community while also experiencing Greek island life, enjoying the laid-back lifestyle on the Amalfi Coast, and discovering ancient history in Rome and Pompeii.

Europe » Italy
Europe » Greece
Program Categories

Your fees include accommodations, ground transportation, breakfasts and dinners, trip-related activities and admissions, chaperones and guides, and taxes and tips! Hope this helps!

Lindsay
New Jersey

Greece with TFT

This was my first TFT trip and I already cannot wait to go on my next one! Although I went into the trip a little nervous not knowing anyone, I came home with friends I wish I had known forever. The TFT counselors made us feel comfortable and always had our best interests in mind. I discovered an entire new culture that will stick with me forever and fell in love with the Greek food and scenery. I truly could not think of anything that would've made this trip a better experience. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to test my newfound independence, and that TFT gave me the confidence to seek out new travel opportunities for my future. I can't wait for summer 2018 with TFT!

The housing could have been improved because the wifi was often spotty which makes it difficult to keep in touch with family. Also, there should be an exact itinerary that doesn't mention things that cannot be accomplished due to time constraints.

Idell
Port Washington

Greece

This summer I did the Greece Athens and the Islands trip with TFT, and it was some of the best experiences of my life. Everybody on the trip was extremely friendly and enthusiastic, and on only the first day my two roommates and I became instantly close. Even months later, I still talk to them every day, and they’re two of my most valued friends. From trying new foods, to swimming in the perfect water, to historic and iconic sights, I was provided with unforgettable experiences and long-lasting friendships. Greece is such a unique environment, and the amazing trip leaders and itinerary allowed us to make the most of it. I am so happy I decided to take this trip, and could not thank TFT enough for all of their dedication and impact.

Vivianna
Montreal, Canada

Best Teen Travel Group Ever!

I visited Greece (Athens, Santorini, Paros) as well as a day trip to Istanbul, Turkey with Travel for Teens and it was the best trip of my life. I have done three trips with Travel for Teens and let me tell you, they were all amazing. I travel a lot with my family. Every chance we get I travel with my parents but there is something so much different and special about travelling with a teen ravel group. Meeting new friends and counsellors. Experiencing a new culture on your own. Trying new foods and experiences! Everything was perfect. We had the best Greek food. We went so so many museums and saw the best scenes/views of Athens. We spent a say in a boat. Went donkey riding. Went to many beaches. It was an amazing trip with lots of memories.

The accommodations/hotels/hostels

Brooke
Boston

Greece TFT

When I first walked into Newark airport to make my group flight I was incredibly nervous. I pondered the thought of going to a new country with people I had never met and my hands began to shake. However, the second I saw the TFT family members, dressed in bright Travel For Teens shirts, I instantly became less nervous . I was welcomed by smiles and friendly faces and it was in that moment that I knew my trip with TFT was going to change my life. Whether it was dinners in Athens, donkey riding in Santorini, or boat riding in the Mediterranean, I always had a smile on my face. My trip with Travel for Teens was unforgettable and I still continue to wear the friendship bracelet we were all given on our final night in paradise.

I would suggest adding one more day at the islands. We spent most of the trip in Athens, which was lovely, but I feel as though everyone wanted more time in Santorini or Paros.

Sadie
Red Hook, New Yokr

Perfect experience if you have the money

This was such a great experience that was unlike anything I have done before. I made friends from all over the country and being from upstate New York I would never had even had the chance to because three of my closest friends were from Montreal, San Jose California and Denver. At the end of the trip my Canadian friend was on the phone and being from Montreal she spoke french, but she has no accent growing up bilangual, so she was on the phone speaking french and me and my friend from Denver were FREAKING OUT. she was just laughing while on the phone. It was quiet memorable.

Honestly it was very expensive for only 13 days and only two islands.

Genevieve
Chicago, IL

Eye Wakening Reflection

I think the best story that I have was the boat day in Sorrento, Italy. Most experiences happen when you're on the land and looking out at the ocean or walking around town and seeing sights. But this one had such a unique perspective. I saw Italy from the water looking in, and it was such a different view. You can see how the houses and communities, land forms, caves, and the rest of the ocean, from one small boat. I was able to take that time to reflect on my trip, and really realize how lucky I was to be on this trip. I also had a chance to get close to the girls on my trip and not just refer to them as people I met on my trip to Greece and Italy, but as friends who I still talk to today.
But the biggest thing that I got to reflect on, on the boat, was how different everything is than Chicago. The people, the culture, the food, the scenery-were all things that were different- but didn't feel different, it felt like a new home.
I consider the experience that I was blessed with this past summer as one of the most eye waking experiences that has shaped me as the young woman I am today. I have a new outlook on life and new goals to accomplish that are shaped around traveling, meeting people, and helping to leave them as a better person, as they will with me.
This opportunity would just be another step closer for me to meet my new life goals.

The only thing that I could think of was to make the program longer and to go to more places in Greece.

Katie
Florida

TFT changed my life

When I signed up for my school's trips to France and Greece with TFT, I I knew I was going to be breath taken by the gorgeous sights of the two destinations, but I never expected to learn so much about traveling or become so immersed in the cultures of the two countries.

TFT's staff is dedicated to making sure students have an experience abroad that is as enriching as it is fun. They plan activities, such as shopping for lunch in markets and dining at authentic, non-touristy restaurants, that push students out of their comfort zone and allow them to wholly experience the culture of their destination country.

One of my favorite memories from my trip to Greece with TFT was learning traditional Greek dances from a "ya ya" or "grandma" while dining in her restaurant. She had us stand in a circle after our group was done eating, taught us a bunch of dances, had us dance atop a table one by one and was incredible enthusiastic to share her culture with us.

Nights like those were ones that made me feel like I was truly a Greek and were ones that I won't soon forget.

On top of planning activities that let us experience Greece on an authentic and meaningful level, TFT's guides bend over backwards to make sure students have an amazing trip abroad. They will alter their itineraries to fit a groups wishes, have extensive knowledge of the countries they travel to and a zeal for travel that is truly inspiring.

I consider myself incredibly lucky to have traveled with TFT. The lessons I learned about foreign cultures, traveling and life in general from my TFT are ones I will carry with me throughout the rest of my life. I recommend their trips to anyone looking for the adventure of a lifetime.

Keanna
Pennsyvania

Travel of teens is the best!!!!

I had the best experience with travel for teens. Everything we did was so much fun and there was never a dull moment. The counsolers on the trip were always in a good mood and making you laugh. I learned so much about greek culture and got to taste new delicious foods. When traveling with travel for teens you never feel like a tourist. You will make so many unforgettable memories and friends. And by the end of your trip you won't want to leave.

Travel for Teens is a program provider that believes that teen travel should be both enriching and fun. TFT offers a full range of travel experiences that teens can choose from to create their own ideal international experience.

TFT's motto is "Teaching teens to be