Cross-Cultural Solutions: High School Volunteer Abroad in Costa Rica

Cross-Cultural Solutions: High School Volunteer Abroad in Costa Rica

As a High School Volunteer Abroad in Costa Rica, you’ll be welcomed warmly into the rich relaxed ‘Pura Vida’ lifestyle.

Whether you choose between one, two, or four-week sessions on any start date listed below, you’ll be sharing the experience with a group of your peers, all ages 14-18, and like you, they’ve decided that dedicating their summer to serving others abroad while learning more about another culture is a pretty cool challenge to take on.

We know you’re unique and that you have your own interests, which is why we offer specialized volunteer paths that you can choose from. Select a focus in Education, Technology, Health, or Sports Leadership, or embark on a 4-week Global Health Internship.

And that healthy dose of adventure you’re craving? Don’t worry, you’ll get that too! We know it’s your summer and you want to have amazing stories and photos of gorgeous landscapes, old churches, and your fellow volunteers to share with your friends and family back home.

North America » Costa Rica
Deposit

Elo
Canada
University of Ottawa

CCS HSVA Costa Rica... an amazing experience!

I took part in the High-school volunteer abroad program with Cross-Cultural Solutions in August 2014. I spent two amazing weeks volunteering in the beautiful village of San Carlos, in Costa Rica. The staff was incredibly welcoming and helpful in making us feel at home. My volunteer experience was truly eye-opening and extremely rewarding. I spent the first week helping in an elderly home and the second week in an underprivileged primary school. We also got to try so many different activities in the evenings and on the week-end! We went zip-lining, hiking on a volcano, went on a coffee-tour and much more! Not to mention that the home-cooked meals were always delicious and the fresh fruit were the best I ever had! I would choose to do it again in the blink of an eye.

I have no negative comments! Only that it wasn't long enough!

Sophie
London, England

Puts Vida

I had an amazing time with ccs in Costa Rica, I enjoyed all the activities from zip lining to Spanish class. All the food served was great and the rooms were really comfortable, I also found the volunteering very enriching and felt that I had made a difference in the local community once my stay had ended. The staff are very supportive, fun and willing to practise Spanish with you, as well as all the friends that you will make with the other volunteers. Overall I had an unforgettable time in Costa Rica with memories that will last a lifetime and new friends from all over the world.

Vary activities during the week more

For 22 years, CCS has been the standard setter for the safest, most meaningful, and enriching volunteer abroad programs while striving to be a global leader in child development and women's empowerment.

Since 1995, over 35,000 people have volunteered with Cross-Cultural Solutions, providing meaningful and