Projects Abroad High School Projects in Madagascar

Projects Abroad in Madagascar
Projects Abroad in Madagascar

Projects Abroad offers volunteer programs for teenagers in Andasibe, Madagascar during the summer. This beautiful placement, located off the east coast of Africa, is known for its extraordinary wildlife, lush rainforest, and extensive coastline.

Join us for the opportunity to make an impact on the lives of the local community by helping children from impoverished backgrounds or get involved in Rainforest Conservation efforts!

Join Us On The Global Gap Year Of A Lifetime

🌍 Explore the world ⭐ Add valuable skills to your resume 📅 28 weeks of travel

This really is the opportunity of a lifetime! - We'll take you to five different countries around the world, where you'll gain a whole host of experience to make your resume shine & contribute to a better world.

Discover more & Apply! - Limited spaces available.

Lorenzo

One month in a little village in Magadascar

This is wasn’t the first time I travelled alone, but I have to say that is has been totally different from what I had done before. The first days I got there, it was on a weekend, so almost everyone had left to go visiting the country; for this reason, the first couple days were quite hard psychologically, I thought I was completely alone. But then, everyone came back from their trips and also the people who were on my same exact project arrived. From then, I started having so much fun, knowing everyone’s different backgrounds and becoming friends with some of my partners in the project.
I think the High School Special program is built in a good way: the mornings are dedicated to tasks in the national park (which by the way is absolutely amazing, with every different kind of lemurs, birds and plants), for example doing animal and plant censuses, helping in the tree nursery and fixing the paths in the forest, while the afternoons are about helping the community through building useful things: we built benches for the football field, a fence for a water pump, and also doing many trash pickup sessions also with the locals. Also, in this project, the weekends are already planned and included in the price, so it’s a nice touch (we tried once to go with the others from the normal project, but they said we couldn’t because we had to stick to the program). I made unforgettable memories in Andasibe, and its the reason why I decided to leave again with Projects Abroad the year after, that time in the Galápagos Islands.

I would improve the community part of the program, trying to ask the locals about what would be the most useful thing for them to build.
Response from Projects Abroad

Hi Lorenzo,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. Projects Abroad and the local community really appreciated your help on the High School Specials Conservation & Environment Project in Madagascar. We hope to see you again soon on one of our projects or internships.

Tojo Ramaroson, Country Director for Madagascar