High School Service Adventure Program in Costa Rica

Go on a service adventure, sea turtle expedition, or photography expedition in Cost Rica with the Walking Tree Travel!

For service adventures you'll stay in a host village with a local family, carefully selected to provide a welcoming and enriching experience for you. As you practice your Spanish and bond with your Cost Rican neighbors, you'll work on community-selected service projects, such as construction and conservation. When you aren't volunteering, you'll have the opportunity to explore cloud forest, go white water rafting, and have many other adventures. This blend of eye-opening volunteer work and fun will make your stay in Costa Rica truly special.

Robyn

Trip Leader

As a group leader with Walking Tree Travel and the Smithsonian Student Adventure, I can see the immense reward the students get from participating in our Service Adventure trips. The challenges build character and leadership skills, the beautiful landscapes instill gratitude and stewardship and the friendships create joy and confidence. Vacation is one thing and a student travel program with Smithsonian Student Adventure is a completely different type of nourishment.

Rachel

Costa Rica Conservation Expedition

I recently returned from leading a group of 25 students on a 10 day conservation service adventure in Costa Rica. The program itself was immaculately organized and had an adventure twist to almost every day's activities. The students enjoyed engaging with our natural surroundings, learning about Costa Rican culture and being involved in local enrichments. As a leader, I may sound bias, but Walking Tree Travel is one of the most authentic travel companies I have ever experienced.

Pura

Will NOT regret

I went to Costa Rica with Walking Tree and its founder Paul after my Sophomore summer. I met so many amazing people on the trip and learned so much. To this day (3 years later) I reminisce about the great times I had in Costa Rica. It was an awesome experience and I learned so much about myself and the world. I still stay in touch with my host family and hope to visit them again.

In all, best experience of my life. It sparked my desire to travel. Nowadays, traveling and learning about culture is my passion and it would have never happened if it weren't for Walking Tree.

Ummm, honestly can't think of anything. Its price was fair relative to other programs however it still is expensive.

About Walking Tree Travel

Walking Tree Travel aims to educate the next generation of globally conscious citizens by bringing them to explore the world around them. With unique programs that encourage students to take part in adventure travel, cultural immersion, conduct...