The Education Abroad Network (TEAN): Internship in Australia

TEAN Full Ride Scholarship 2019

The TEAN Full Ride Scholarship is designed to give a stand-out student the opportunity to study abroad. The scholarship can be used for any Summer or Fall 2019 TEAN program and covers tuition, program fees, orientation and housing (up to $26,000 value).

TEAN cultivates close relationships with leading businesses in Australia to provide participants with an all-inclusive internship experience. Whether you are looking for a full-time semester (14-week), summer (8-week) or study/internship combination program, TEAN has a dedicated Internship Coordinator to ensure that your placement is tailored to meet your needs. With internship opportunities all over Australia, you can be sure to find a placement that both fits your professional interests and personal lifestyle.

TEAN's internship program includes a three-day orientation, access to a local Resident Director, and a variety of cultural activities that showcase the best of this incredible country.

Check out TEAN's website to see the variety of internships available.

• Many of our internships are arranged exclusively for TEAN with sought-after businesses.
  • Modern, fully-furnished housing options available to all TEAN interns.
  • Dedicated staff to assist you with planning your placement, and in country.
  • Sydney orientation, cultural activities and welcome and farewell dinners are included in every program.
  • TEAN can help you tailor a placement to meet your professional needs in the time-frame you require.

Josh

Summer Internship in Australia

My experience interning with TEAN was truly once in a lifetime. As a statistics major with the desire to work in Sport Analytics, I was unsure of the availability of a position for me, especially on the other side of the world. However, TEAN found a great opportunity for me in Perth with the Athletic Institute, which enabled me to strengthen my interpersonal and analytical skills, all while learning and working with an Aussie Rules Football Club. One main aspect of interning abroad that I loved was the complete immersion. I was spending my time immersed in Aussie culture, and was able to learn a lot about how they live their lives. I was also lucky enough to have housing right next to Kings Park, a great place to relax or go for a jog. Reflecting back, I have become much more confident and independent as a person, and have great memories which will last a lifetime.

Meghan

Perfect Internship Placement

I completed a sports medicine internship in Perth, Australia through TEAN. The whole entire experience was so amazing! I loved my placement which was working with a Western Australia Football League team. I learned a lot of hands on skills while being immersed in the sports culture of Australia. TEAN did such a good job providing me with support throughout the whole process. Their staff was friendly and helpful and TEAN also took care of a lot of the logistics allowing me to enjoy my internship and Australia without stress. Perth was a safe city with a relaxed atmosphere. The people were friendly and I made many friends with the other interns and local Australians. Overall, I loved my internship placement in Perth that TEAN found for me. I highly recommend TEAN for helping you complete an internship abroad because they find the best placement for you and your interests.

Pamela

Amazingly fulfilling!

I applied to TEAN's Australia Summer Internship program for summer of 2018. I interned in Cairns, Queensland for two months at Rainforestation Nature Park, Cairns Zoom and Wildlife Dome and the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary. As a biology major, working at these three parks solidified my dreams of becoming a wildlife rehabilitator. I was able to work with the animals everyday, learning everything I could from my supervisors. I am so glad that TEAN actually took my interests and future goals into consideration when looking for a placement for me; it felt so amazing to finally be able to take that first step towards my future career and help exotic animals. TEAN was always keeping in contact with me to make sure that the internship was flowing smoothly and that I was safe and content with my overall experience. Working with TEAN staff was never a hassle and they were always willing to help out if need be. I had a wonderful time interning abroad with TEAN and I recommend it 100%!

Mary Pat

Summer Internship

I interned abroad In Australia last summer and it was a once in the life time experience. It has always been my dream to travel to Australia and I never thought I would actually make the dream happen, let alone do work there. I worked at a film company and TEAN did a perfect job matching me with my ideal internship. It was great because I had a chance to go out into the country with people who have grown up there all their lives. Everyone was so welcoming and the experience I got in a short two month period was almost more then I would've gotten at home for a full semester. TEAN was great with matching me with awesome roommates, and the outside activity they took us on was the best part of the whole trip. It was an incredible experience that I will remember forever.

Olivia

TEAN Australia Internship

I interned in Sydney in the summer of 2017. My TEAN advisor got me in contact with an awesome company and really took into account not only the field I wanted to be working in but also the type of company I wanted to be working for. I had an awesome experience with that company and remain in contact with them, as they have written me recommendation letters for upcoming work. Additionally, TEAN did an awesome job of ensuring we had the best possible experience outside work as well. Alice, our advisor was there for us every step of the way, from arriving and showing us around the city, to being on call when someone was sick and didn't know where to go, to helping us plan trips.

Deanna

BEST SUMMER AND INTERNSHIP OF MY LIFE

This summer I interned abroad in Sydney, Australia. It was the most amazing and eye opening experience of my life. My experience was unique because I spent two months exploring Sydney in addition to building my resume with my internship. My internship was in the healthcare field, at two different Sydney Children's Hospitals through the Starlight Children's Foundation. I worked in their "express rooms", where I did activities with the kids such as arts & crafts or played video games. I as well went on wards with the captains for the patients who were bedridden. It was an amazing and an eye opening experience. I learned so much from my internship that will help me throughout finishing school and my future career. My excursions in Sydney ranged from having a surfing lesson at Bondi beach to taking a yoga class at Bondi Icebergs Club to attending a Rugby game. TEAN is more than helpful with giving suggestions about what to do throughout Sydney, as well as giving advice on where to travel throughout Australia. They planned two great excursions and were always available if I had any questions about my internship.

I think TEAN should send out a spreadsheet that includes extra expenses not included in the overall price. I was unaware of how much money I would spend on food and traveling to work everyday. I think TEAN could as well ask what excursions students would be most interested in before they plan them, that way the students get a say in the free activities planned for them.
Lucy

Best summer of my life

Deciding to do a summer internship in Australia was truly the best decision I've ever made. Being pre-med, it's really hard to study abroad since you can't take pre-reqs abroad, but this program was the perfect solution. My internship was doing research on cognitive deficits following concussion on the neuropsychiatry service through Hunter New England Health in Newcastle, and it was an absolutely amazing opportunity. I got the chance to experience clinical research first hand in an international setting, which was pretty huge. I also had the opportunity to travel around Australia and saw amazing places including The Great Barrier Reef, Byron Bay, the Great Ocean Road in Victoria, and the Whitsunday Islands, which was truly the most beautiful place I've ever been. I've made friendships with both Australians and Americans that will last a lifetime, which is an incredibly priceless reward of doing this program. This program has truly spiked my desire to keep traveling, as it has taught me that travel truly is the most important source of learning and self growth.

I think the only thing that could be improved is that housing is a bit expensive, but I know that just comes with living in Australia and I'm not sure there's much TEAN can do about that.
Kate

The Experience of a Lifetime!

This whole experience has changed my life. As cliché as that sounds, I can say with complete honesty that it is 100% true. Before this trip I had never been out of North America, let alone, away from my family and friends for this long. While there were definitely times where it was tough and I really didn’t want to do this whole thing anymore, I found ways to stick it out. I took trips and saw places like nothing I had ever seen before. I made friendships that will hopefully last a lifetime. I truly experienced what it is like to live and work abroad. But most importantly, this trip allowed me to develop and grow as a young adult, who is looking forward to my next adventure; wherever that may take me.

About The Education Abroad Network

The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) is a full-service international education provider specializing in immersive study and internship programs throughout Asia Pacific. Creating close partnerships the best universities in Australia, New Zealand and...