The Education Abroad Network (TEAN): Internship in Australia

The Education Abroad Network (TEAN): Internship in Australia

TEAN Full Ride Scholarship 2018
The TEAN Full Ride Scholarship is designed to give a stand-out student the opportunity to study abroad. The scholarship can be used for any Summer or Fall 2018 TEAN program and covers tuition, program fees, orientation and housing (up to $26,000 value).

TEAN cultivates close relationships with leading businesses in Australia to provide participants with an all-inclusive internship experience. Whether you are looking for a full-time semester (14-week), summer (8-week) or study/internship combination program, TEAN has a dedicated Internship Coordinator to ensure that your placement is tailored to meet your needs. With internship opportunities all over Australia, you can be sure to find a placement that both fits your professional interests and personal lifestyle.

TEAN's internship program includes a three-day orientation, access to a local Resident Director, and a variety of cultural activities that showcase the best of this incredible country.

Check out TEAN's website to see the variety of internships available.

• Many of our internships are arranged exclusively for TEAN with sought-after businesses.
  • Modern, fully-furnished housing options available to all TEAN interns.
  • Dedicated staff to assist you with planning your placement, and in country.
  • Sydney orientation, cultural activities and welcome and farewell dinners are included in every program.
  • TEAN can help you tailor a placement to meet your professional needs in the time-frame you require.
Oceania » Australia » Sydney
Weekly Hours

Deanna
USA

BEST SUMMER AND INTERNSHIP OF MY LIFE

This summer I interned abroad in Sydney, Australia. It was the most amazing and eye opening experience of my life. My experience was unique because I spent two months exploring Sydney in addition to building my resume with my internship. My internship was in the healthcare field, at two different Sydney Children's Hospitals through the Starlight Children's Foundation. I worked in their "express rooms", where I did activities with the kids such as arts & crafts or played video games. I as well went on wards with the captains for the patients who were bedridden. It was an amazing and an eye opening experience. I learned so much from my internship that will help me throughout finishing school and my future career. My excursions in Sydney ranged from having a surfing lesson at Bondi beach to taking a yoga class at Bondi Icebergs Club to attending a Rugby game. TEAN is more than helpful with giving suggestions about what to do throughout Sydney, as well as giving advice on where to travel throughout Australia. They planned two great excursions and were always available if I had any questions about my internship.

I think TEAN should send out a spreadsheet that includes extra expenses not included in the overall price. I was unaware of how much money I would spend on food and traveling to work everyday. I think TEAN could as well ask what excursions students would be most interested in before they plan them, that way the students get a say in the free activities planned for them.

Lucy
Madison, WI
University of Wisconsin- Madison

Best summer of my life

Deciding to do a summer internship in Australia was truly the best decision I've ever made. Being pre-med, it's really hard to study abroad since you can't take pre-reqs abroad, but this program was the perfect solution. My internship was doing research on cognitive deficits following concussion on the neuropsychiatry service through Hunter New England Health in Newcastle, and it was an absolutely amazing opportunity. I got the chance to experience clinical research first hand in an international setting, which was pretty huge. I also had the opportunity to travel around Australia and saw amazing places including The Great Barrier Reef, Byron Bay, the Great Ocean Road in Victoria, and the Whitsunday Islands, which was truly the most beautiful place I've ever been. I've made friendships with both Australians and Americans that will last a lifetime, which is an incredibly priceless reward of doing this program. This program has truly spiked my desire to keep traveling, as it has taught me that travel truly is the most important source of learning and self growth.

I think the only thing that could be improved is that housing is a bit expensive, but I know that just comes with living in Australia and I'm not sure there's much TEAN can do about that.

Kate
Ann Arbor
Michigan State University

The Experience of a Lifetime!

This whole experience has changed my life. As cliché as that sounds, I can say with complete honesty that it is 100% true. Before this trip I had never been out of North America, let alone, away from my family and friends for this long. While there were definitely times where it was tough and I really didn’t want to do this whole thing anymore, I found ways to stick it out. I took trips and saw places like nothing I had ever seen before. I made friendships that will hopefully last a lifetime. I truly experienced what it is like to live and work abroad. But most importantly, this trip allowed me to develop and grow as a young adult, who is looking forward to my next adventure; wherever that may take me.

The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) is a full-service international education provider specializing in immersive study and internship programs throughout Asia Pacific. Creating close partnerships the best universities in Australia, New Zealand and across Asia over the past two decades has allowed TEAN to become experts