Intern Abroad with a Startup in Australia!

Sage Corps Melbourne cohort enjoying Coffee
Sage Corps Melbourne cohort befriends a Kangaroo
Sage Corps Melbourne cohort befriends a Kangaroo
Sage Corps Melbourne cohort group photo
Sage Corps Melbourne cohort group photo

You deserve a college abroad experience - IF, you’re ready to work for it.

The Sage Corps program is designed to help you jump start a successful career with international work experience that will give you invaluable skills and confidence and make your resume pop. Our alums go on to work for places like Amazon, Google, Deloitte, and Nike. What’s more, for those interested, we’re able to offer our fellows the opportunity to earn academic credit* while completing their global internship.
We accept all majors and provide roles for students from a variety of different backgrounds, including marketing, data analytics, software development, and sales and business development. If you are independent, self-confident, and eager, we would love to meet you! Scholarships and financial resources are available.

*Student’s home universities must pre-approve transferable credit

• Complete an internship or micro internship with an exciting, early-stage startup where you’ll get to work on meaningful projects alongside entrepreneurs
  • Live with and experience working abroad with a cohort of other students
  • Become a lifetime member of our Sage Network and get career help, skills bolstering, and networking opportunities with companies around the world
  • Earn 3-6 hours of transferable academic credit*
  • Live and work for 2 or 8 weeks in one of the two most beautiful cities in the world - Sydney or Melbourne, Australia!

Hi Alicia, Thank you for your question. Yes, many of our international internships at startups focus on design - specifically UX/UI design and/or graphic design. I hope that helps, but if you have more questions you can email campusrelations@sagecorps.com! Thanks, Matt

Jasmine

Amazing experience with Sage Corps!

I had an amazing experience thanks to Sage Corps. Before coming to Australia, I thought I would be so worried and nervous about working in another country for 2 months. Surprisingly, I wasn't. I wasn't stressed because Sage Corps organized my housing, connected me with potential employers, and had city managers I could talk to about my life in Melbourne. The only thing I had to do was book flights. Even though it would have been nice to get a detailed schedule of the program before it started, the city and community managers of Sage Corps were very responsive to my inquiries.

I am so glad I decided to do this program because I had the best internship experience. I thought my first ever internship would mostly be composed of printing documents and getting coffee. However, my experience was the total opposite. I was given a lot of responsibilities and all of my work went into great use. I was making a difference in my workplace. My coworkers were very welcoming and inspiring. At the end of 2 months, I didn't want to leave.

I loved the city of Melbourne as well. It is filled with culture, kind people, and good food. The architecture is beautiful and the wall arts give the city more character. It is easy to get around the city thanks to all the public transportation. Also, there is always something to do, ranging from visiting the winter markets to going on a bar crawl.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this program. It was one of the best experiences I've had.

1. I would lower the cost.
2. I would choose professional workshops that are related to what the students are studying and what they would be interested in.
Jonah

Sage Corps Sydney

I am extremely grateful for the opportunity that Sage Corps provided me with to gain valuable work experience while traveling to new destinations around the world.
In December of 2016, during the first semester of my junior year of college, I had no idea what I was going to do the following summer. I was living with two guys who were going to study abroad, and I was very jealous of them because my curriculum did not allow for me to take a semester to study abroad. It was always something that I had planned on doing and looked forward to doing, but I was not able to. I did not have a summer internship lined up and I knew that I needed one. So at this time there were two things on my agenda: find a summer internship and find a way to travel abroad.
In comes Sage Corps, who allowed me to do both. After a few discussions with Matt Meltzer about the program, I knew this was something I wanted to do. The application process was very smooth, and thankfully I got accepted to go work and live in Sydney, Australia for three months.
Another thing that attracted me to Sage Corps was the exposure to the startup industry. My previous work experience was with bigger companies, and I was very intrigued by the opportunity to go work at a smaller company where I had more responsibility and freedom within my role. In addition, Sage Corps staff connected our cohort in Sydney with a local individual in the startup community there who brought us around to networking and teambuilding events.
Overall, I really enjoyed my summer with Sage Corps in Sydney and would highly recommend the program to anyone trying to broaden their work experience while traveling to new places that you might not get to travel to otherwise.

Madeleine

8 weeks interning in Sydney

I just returned from my Sage Corps experience in Sydney, Australia. Sage provided me with a great internship, set up well located housing for me and put me in contact with a member of Sage Corps in the city for questions, recommendations and advice. I left Sydney (reluctantly) with not only lifelong friends, connections and one of a kind experience, but a job offer as well. As with anything, the Sage Corps experience is what you make it. Sage gave me all the resources I needed to get settled into a new city and job and then was very hands-off, save the weekly talks they set up.

The options for healthcare while abroad could've been clearer- otherwise great.