Student Internship in Canada

Student Internship in Canada

Stepwest's Student Internship Program is designed to enable you to obtain professional experience in a North American business setting in one of Canada's top 4 cities - Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto or Calgary. We have built a long-lasting relationship with some of the most dynamic host companies across Canada who will mentor and train you on Canadian business cultures throughout the duration of your internship. You will obtain an insight into the day-to-day operations of the host company with the guidance of a designated supervisor.

We have established solid relationships with host companies in over 20 industries including Marketing, International Trade, Finance, Business Management, Hospitality, IT and many more. Our Student Internship Program also offers guaranteed pre-placement before arrival so you can look forward to planning your internship at Vancouver's newest marketing start-up, a dynamic Montreal trading firm or even one of Toronto's thriving financial institutions.

• Have the security of a guaranteed pre-placement
  • Choose from over 20 industries
  • Available year round in one of Canada's top 4 cities - Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal & Calgary
  • Add international professional experience to your resume
  • Full support and monitoring throughout your placement
North America » Canada
Visa Requirement
Weekly Hours
Guaranteed pre-placement
Resume revision, interview preparation
Post Arrival Orientation: Bank, phone, SIN etc.
Full support and monitoring throughout placement
24/7 assistance and mail holding service

Andoni
Vancouver, Canada
University of the Basque Country

Living what Vancouver and British Columbia has to offer

I would like to start mentioning that I'm glad of having made use of the services of Stepwest because I was quite lost at the begining and it was really hard to find a company accepting me for my internship as well as dealing the whole visa process. Once in the process with Stepwest, the first interview that I had it was succesful and I felt really happy.

After that it was hard to deal with the feeling of not knowing if I would get the visa, but once I had my port of entry to Canada I could sense that something great was waiting for me in Canada!

Concerning to my internship I can say that it's being a really nice experience in which apart from getting new knowledges I'm having the chance to work within a really fun, interesting and amicable environment.

Concerning to my free time:
I've always been concious that this could be my first and maybe the last time here in Canada so since the beginning I just wanted to really live and experience what Canada has to offer. I didn't want to spend my time being at home so I had clear in my mind that I was going to go out every single day to enjoy this amazing place as it deserves. Not even the rain or cold was going to be an excuse to be lazy, so I started meeting new people really quickly and spending my time with those ones who had the same mentality as I do. This was really important because we have done a lot of trips and have lived amazing moments together. Tofino, Ucluelet (Vancouver Island), Squamish, Garibaldi lake or Leavenworth (US) are just some the trips in which we have been camping and hiking as much as our legs could afford.

The good thing in British Columbia is that it's not all about hiking y camping, specially if you are living in Vancouver. This city has everything you need to feel alive and enjoy, in fact you can find pubs, shoping areas, interesting gastronomy from all over the world, multiculturalism, respect, safety, beaches, mountains, green parks, wild animals, the sea... you can go to any of these places within a radio of 10kms? It's just great, so how could you stay at home!

The program would be even better if the internship would be paid :)

Tania
Vancouver, British Columbia

The best decission I made when coming to Canada

I was a bit scared planning my trip to Canada, since I knew from previous experience abroad, how difficult is to enter and start in a foreign country.
Thanks to Stepwest my journey couldn't have gone better!
They helped me for months before I came to Canada assisting me with all the steps I had to go through to get my visa. They were there for all kind of questions and possible information. Stepwest helped me to get a good health insurance to cover my whole stay and to find an internship in my field. I was very excited to arrive and start this journey.

The day after my arrival I already had all I needed to start living here: SIN Number, bank account and Canadian number. A very friendly Stepwest's member came with me in person to get it all.

My internship started a week after I came to Canada and now, after 4 months, I have only good words about it. I had the privilege to work in one of the best language schools of Vancouver with friendly and caring staff, a wonderful environment and flexible hours. I learned a lot about multicultural communication and office administration. It was exactly what I was looking for.

I liked everything so much that I decided to stay until my visa expires and look for work. Stepwest has been always there, since they still help me nowadays with my resume and my cover letter as well.

Does it sound too easy and nice? It is indeed! I can only recommend this program and I couldn't be happier with the treatment and all the support received.

Thank you Stepwest for everything!

Kassandra
Haarlem, Netherlands

Beautifull Vancouver

Dear reader,

The time I've spend in Vancouver, Canada was priceless. I think i've done almost everything possible in the 4 months of my stay. Hiking, dancing, drinking with newly made friends, working at the internship, getting a tattoo (which hurt a lot, but worth it), going on excursions, sightseeing on foot, going to concerts. Too many stories to tell.

I loved the hiking the most. With it's challeging steep hills and as reward the beautiful views! With all this walking around i lost a lot of weight and became fitter. It was a nice change, because my job was mostly sitting behind a desk as Graphic Designer.

The internship was unique, because the co-workers were also interns. we had a lot to learn and also from each other. We had fun and learned a lot. A big challenge was to keep yourself heading towards your goal. I was the only one with the graphic designing skills, so there was a part of keeping up the skills and learn more via the internet and books. The basic things and how the websites were build the company's owner told me, but the rest was self study. I gained much independence from my internship.

a point of improvement would be (in my opinion) to not place interns at a company who already has a lot of interns. There was not an expert in my field of expertise present to guide me.

Chloé
Rennes, France

Amazing experience

I had an amazing time doing an internship in Vancouver. I learnt so much during the 6 months I was working there. I feel more confident about the future as I know this experience will be a great help to find a job. I met so many people, and made friends for life. I feel grateful to have had the opportunity to do that internship program with StepWest.

We're Stepwest, Canada's leading internship and work experience provider. Whether you want to obtain higher level education at a top Vancouver college or university,operate a ski-lift at a renowned Rocky Mountain resort or improve your professional skills with an emerging marketing company in Toronto, we