As one of the world’s largest cities and most important centers for business and trade, Shanghai is an excellent location for a wide range of career fields and will provide you a chance to learn about the business side of most industries.
Its long history as an Asian trade hub has contributed to its distinct welcoming and open atmosphere, making it the ideal location for those who wish to study abroad in China and learn more about Chinese language and culture.
China is an excellent location for Business and Marketing, Hospitality and Tourism, Architecture and Urban, Planning, Law, Health, and communication. Prospective interns interested in applying to intern in Shanghai should have a minimum GPA of 2.7 and know why they want to intern in China. All internships in Shanghai will be conducted in English, so no previous knowledge of Chinese language is required.
- Professional development starts during the application process through our unique one-on-one advising session, personalized resume and cover letter review, access to the Professional Development Toolbox and our Professional Prep pre-departure webinar.
- Get matched with an international internship that suits your specific experiences, skills, and professional goals.
- Gain academic credit while interning abroad! ISA works with participants who wish to obtain academic credit for their internships.
- Begin your transition to daily life in your new country and culture on the Bridging Cultures Program, our in-country orientation. Highlights include a city tour and a visit to the Oriental Pearl TV Tower.
- Housing is included for the duration of your internship.
ISA Scholarships and Financial Aid
ISA is committed to increasing all students’ access to study abroad’s many benefits. We don't let financial hardships to get in the way of a life changing educational experience.