TIC TWO China Internship Program: Alumni Network

TIC TWO China Internship Program: Alumni Network

TIC TWO's internship program is no longer running, but nonetheless provided excellent opportunities for the interns who participated on this program.

By working together with some of the world’s largest and most prestigious companies, we were able to provide our students and graduates with the opportunity to gain first-hand experience of how successful businesses operate on a global scale, as well as the chance to learn from some of the very best within the industry.

Similarly, TIC TWO worked closely with start-up and smaller-sized enterprises, providing the entrepreneurs in our program with the opportunity to experience a wide range of high-level ‘hands-on’ responsibilities, and the chance to make a big impact at a smaller firm.

Whether your goal was to develop and expand your international professional network, gain an understanding of business Mandarin, or to acquire crucial first-hand experience of how business is done in China, you could expect your time here to very quickly turn into a guaranteed stepping stone to your future career.
Asia » China » Shanghai
Weekly Hours

P
Toronto

Not Worth the Cost

Should have been price a third of what it had been. Avoid and beware!!!! There is a reason why they are not running anymore. I didn't really enjoy it and they literally make one phone call to say, "Here is is ready and willing Intern, he will work for you, and work for you completely free of charge!!" what a beautiful sentence.

Martin
Sydney, AUstralia

Highly recommend!

The time I spent at my placement taught me much more than any text book or course that I’ve taken on at university ever could.

First of all working in a country where English wasn’t the main language, was at first thought intimidating, but all emotions were eased through support from Alastair and TIC TWO. With no prior experience with the Chinese language, I was quickly set up with Chinese lessons and a handbook which had everything I needed.

Upon returning to Australia, I realised how important the internship I completed was. Being given an insight into project management has not only complimented my studies but gave me an added eagerness to complete my studies to the best of my ability.

To anyone wanting a full experience in the industry, I would highly recommend an internship with TIC TWO and in China

Ricky
University of New South Wales

So much more than just an internship

TIC TWO gave me so much more than just an internship experience. It exposed me to a new world of opportunities.

I was placed on a role with an international consultancy, where I had opportunities to make genuine impact on some of the industry leading corporations in China. I was surrounded by a host of experienced and supportive colleagues who were always considerate to recognise and praise good work. The internship expanded both my professional skillsets and personal ambitions.

Shanghai is an amazing city. I had arrived with high expectations, but still the city exceeded every one of them. One day, I visited an ancient water town and an oriental garden full of Chinese heritage, but on the next, I was on a river cruise being bathed in vibrant lights from one of the world’s most modern and breathtaking skylines. I have travelled to quite a few cities around the world, but I can confidently say that Shanghai has been my favourite.

In summary, I would recommend TIC TWO to anyone who is looking for more than an ordinary internship experience, and rather something truly enriching and invaluable.

Caroline
Queensland, Australia
Queensland University of Technology

World class Advertising agency

I am so glad that I did an internship with a world class advertising agency in Shanghai arranged by TIC TWO, it was a brilliant experience on both a personal and professional level. The friends I made, the sightseeing, shopping and nightlife were amazing, and the internship itself was the ultimate career boost.

I would recommend a TIC TWO internship to anybody who wants to combine the fun of travelling to China with a desire to get ‘hands on’ workplace experience, in their field of study. TIC TWO provided excellent accommodation, language classes, cooking classes, sightseeing and top level internships. I also found the internship to be excellent value for money as TIC TWO include so much more than other internship companies.

From the minute TIC TWO meet you at the airport right through to the workplace farewell lunch, you feel you are in good company.

I would recommend this experience to everybody!

Wish I'd stayed for longer

S.Marques
UK / Brazil
London South Bank University

Secured a full time job!!!

From the minute I landed, to my last day in the office I can’t really describe how amazing Shanghai really is. TIC TWO was definitely the right choice for me, my internship went very well and I am leaving behind people who grew to appreciate having me around and treated me like a member of staff.

From day one I was offered the opportunity to expand my network and build up on my skills and knowledge. I always believed in creating opportunities in life and that was the primary reason I chose to come to Shanghai with TWO TWO.

The apartment I stayed at, with two other interns, exceeded my expectations; it is a very spacious and well kept, well equipped unit. My flat mates are cool guys and we had a great time exploring Shanghai for what it really is. I learnt a lot from them about their line of work and we always shared our encounters over dinner or a drink at the end of our working day. Our survival Mandarin lessons were actually very useful and with time you see yourself picking up words and phrases as you go along.

The highlight of my time here, without a doubt, is the opportunity to meet new people and expand your knowledge in every level. My internship in Logistics, Sales and Marketing opened new doors to be explored and I was offered a job opportunity to stay in Shanghai for another six months on a paid basis. This is more than I could have imagined! So, I am going back to the UK for a short period to renew my visa and will be back in Shanghai in the next two weeks. I have already found somewhere to live and can’t wait to come back!

I definitely recommend TIC TWO, I was at the right place at the right time and this is because I believed this experience would actually make a difference, and I was right!

Coming to Shanghai has proven to be one of the best decisions I ever made!!!

Wrigley
Sydney
Macquarie University

Shanghai Internship

Amazing city and people! The internship provided me a great opportunity to further my skills and experiences, while undertaking it in Shanghai broaden my understanding of the world around me. It was fantastic!

I would recommend to stay no less than 2 months so that the organisation that you are interning at can really engage you in their projects.

Michelle
Australia
Monash University

An amazing internship experience

TIC TWO was able to deliver an amazing internship experience for me. I was assigned the role of Commercial Finance Intern within a huge multinational. From day one I was given real responsibilities which included (but not limited to) data retrieval, data manipulation and analysis, financial reporting, budget forecasting and actuals, spreadsheet templates and attending management meetings. Not once was I required to get coffee or make a single photocopy—TIC TWO ensures you are placed within a firm that will give you the most learning opportunity and experience.

In addition to the actual internship itself, TIC TWO facilitated your social integration into the Chinese culture. Alastair (program director) is a delight and takes every precaution to ensure you are not wanting for anything. He is available around the clock for information, directions, recommendations or even a chat to alleviate homesickness.

All in all, I would definitely recommend any student or graduate to undertake an internship with TIC TWO. I learnt so much from my placement and the friendships and networks I established during my stay are invaluable.

A.M

Great experience!

This internship has been such a great experience. I am so glad that I have done this internship and have had the opportunity to work in Shanghai, because it is such an amazing city. It is always full of life, there are always things to do, and I really had a blast here. Besides all this though, I also got the chance to work in one of the biggest multinational corporations in the industry. I’ve learnt so much from this experience, especially how to live independently. I’ve also made some really great friends that will last a lifetime. All in all, I learnt a lot, while having the time of my life in a city that I have come to love.
Thanks TICTWO for the opportunity, I wouldn't have even thought about leaving my home country for an internship elsewhere, but now my perception about this has totally changed! None of this would have been possible without your ongoing support.

More consistent and reliable internet access at apartment.

Kevin

Highly recommend

My time in Shanghai was one which I will never forget, an experience that is impossible to describe in words. Having the opportunity to live and work in an enormous developing economy is breathtaking. It was an opportunistic experience where you'll be able to gain new friends, contacts, experience a nation full of culture whilst providing a very helpful stepping stone to your future career path. These opportunities would not have been available to me without the TIC TWO program.

Having applied last minute for the 2012 December program, I was greatly impressed in the speed, communication and performance TIC TWO maintained in finding me an internship and pushing through the paperwork to get me on board. I appreciate all the work and support TIC TWO went through before and during my program to make my experience the best it could be.

If you're thinking about getting international work experience, I highly recommend getting involved in the TIC TWO program. It's not just a valuable work experience in one of the biggest economies in the world, it's also an experience that you will never forget in your life!

Stayed for longer

A.k
Loughborough
Loughborough University

Unbelievable Experience!

I’m able to look back on the past two months that TIC TWO provided and genuinely appreciate the attention and effort put in to make the whole internship a once in a life time experience, thinking of no better way to spend my summer.

For any of you guys out there looking for a one time opportunity to travel to one of the most vibrant and welcoming cities in the world while being able to work with professional companies I guarantee you TIC TWO are the ones to do it though!

The TIC TWO program while undoubtedly help my future career path and is an excellent CV booster. Shanghai has a wealth of opportunity which must not be missed. Money well spent!

Ben
Bristol, UK
University of the West of England

Want to go back!!

TIC TWO has provided me with an amazing and unique platform to build my career upon. Not only have I gained valuable experience in an emerging world economy but TIC TWO has also given the experience of a whole new culture and many different opportunities through their structured Internship programme. I would recommend this program to everyone.

More time to prepare to get the visa.

Scottbinnie
Edinburgh, Scotland
Queen Margaret University

Great experience!

I could not recommend the TIC TWO program with more sincerity, pound for pound it has been both the most enjoyable and the most beneficial experience of my life to date. Success comes in many forms, through achievements and past experiences and experiences like this are a contribution to both.

Employers are always really interested to hear about the work which I have done in Shanghai and it has been great for my confidence. I fully recommend TIC TWO for anyone who is serious about enhancing their career prospects and seeing new places.

I would have liked to have stayed for longer.

Richard
Birmingham, UK
University of Birmingham

Unforgettable experience

TIC TWO managed to get me interviews with many companies which enabled me to secure an internship with a company of which I already miss working for. TIC TWO also put together a fantastic itinerary which included: welcome banquet, Mandarin lessons, Chinese cooking class and cultural visits. I've had an unforgettable experience and I’d like to take this opportunity to thank the TIC TWO team for accepting me onto the program and I look forward to recommending TIC TWO to other people.

Looking for the most comprehensive Business, Culture & Language and Career Development internship program on the market? TIC TWO is the place to start! We will kick-start your career in a country that is rapidly shaping the modern business world. Another bonus: you don't have