Internship Opportunities Across Colombia

International Interns in Colombia
International Interns in Colombia
Beautiful sunset in the Guaviare department, the ''door'' to the Amazon region.
Beautiful sunset in the Guaviare department, the ''door'' to the Amazon region.
Valle del Cocora, where the tallest palm trees in the world grow.
Valle del Cocora, where the tallest palm trees in the world grow.
Living the good life in the tiny island of Providencia (Colombia).
Living the good life in the tiny island of Providencia (Colombia).

Intern Colombia connects graduates, students, and young professionals from around the world with first-class internships in Colombia. We provide diverse internship programs in Colombia linked to a wide range of 24 academic disciplines. This means that we can provide an internship that is right for you. We are confident that everybody who takes part in our Program will fall in love with Colombia and gain invaluable employment and life skills - as featured in FORBES.

• Boost your CV - distinguish yourself from the competition in an increasingly competitive global labour market.
  • Personal, academic, and professional growth - transformative inter-cultural learning experiences through our internships.
  • Discover a new country and culture - attend social & cultural events, join weekend trips, and meet other international interns.
  • Make an impact - our internship programs provide you with the opportunity to leave a real and lasting impact.
  • Become a Global Citizen - expand your cross-cultural understanding and increase your global awareness by doing an internship abroad, giving you the opportunity to better understand your cultural values and beliefs in a new context.

Jade

Intern Colombia

I was introduced to Intern Colombia (I.C.) through my university's study abroad program and working with them easily became my most rewarding collegiate experience. During my 10 week study abroad in Bogotá, I.C. opened the door for professional opportunities with Fundación Tiempo de Juego, provided incredible cultural immersions that displayed the diverse history of not only Bogotá but Colombia as a whole, and gave me the best international family I could have ever asked for.

Through all of my fears and hesitations, the I.C. team was there every step of the way to reassure me and provide support in a completely foreign environment from housing to navigation to life lessons. I.C. did all they could to help me flourish as a global citizen.

If you choose this program be open to stepping outside of your comfort zone. Growth happens when you push yourself a little past your perceived limitations and it's always better to know you definitely don't like something from experience rather than allowing yourself to always operate on "what if's". Culture shock in a new place can either ease in slowly or hit you like a truck but if you allow yourself to keep an open mind I guarantee you will almost always have the time of your life!
Pamela

Incredible Opportunity

I spent 10 weeks doing an internship in Human Rights and Childcare and it was the best time of my life. I felt like I was actually learning and being helpful to the kids at the Fundación. Intern Colombia did a great job of pairing with a place that met all my needs and provide me with great connections.

I am thankful for the people I met through the program and the activities and trips we had that allowed us to explore Colombia even more and get to know other people.

The place stayed at for three months was great too. I was nervous at first because of the commute from my place to my internship was long and it was in a very different neighborhood. But in the end, it was one of my favorite things because it allowed me to explore more, learn to really take public transportation (which I think it's crazy but good haha).

Be open to new experiences, and meeting new people. Feeling a bit uncomfortable at first is good, you can learn a lot not only about yourself but your surroundings and a different culture.

I would improve communication, especially when it comes to events. So people can better prepare for the event and how much money will they have to spend etc.
Kimika

Highly recommend Intern Colombia!

Intern Colombia helped me secure an internship with a national nonprofit that works with communities to build homes for families in extreme poverty, and improve public spaces such as schools, sports fields, and outdoor gardens. As an urban planning major, I was excited about the opportunity to work alongside social workers and civil engineers in the communities. I also worked closely with the Commercial Lead in the office. Having studied Spanish for two years in University and during study abroad in Mexico, it was also very rewarding to work and converse in Spanish (still learning!).

Intern Colombia also found me housing with other local students, and offered summer programming including a long weekend at a pool house in Anapoima with other international interns! Don't be a tourist, be a traveler. This is an amazing opportunity to form genuine connections and gain work experience abroad.

Take the opportunity and travel to Colombia! Come with an open mind and desire to connect with people...everyone was incredibly friendly and welcoming, and it is easy to make friends with locals as long as you put yourself out there :)
Jorge

TECHO Colombia

TECHO is an amazing organization that strives to eradicate poverty in Latin America. Throughout my time interning for TECHO, I had the opportunity to work with others interns from around the world, take on new projects and even help build a house in the communas of Bogotá. This was, in my opinion, the best part of the internship because I got to see how the other citizens of Bogotá live. The communas lie on the periphery of the city, so it was truly another world away from the epicenter. The family we helped was very grateful to us for what we were doing and the community itself was extremely happy we were there and they even helped us in the building process. It was a truly wonderful opportunity to get to know so many new people and work with others.

What was your funniest moment?
The best time I had was going out to the community and help build a home for a family.
Finn

A perfect mixture of everything

Colombia is a country with everything to offer and open arms for any visitor. My 2 month experience in Colombia, without a doubt, came at the perfect time in my life. As a 19 year old Intern, there was a risk before I went that I was undertaking this opportunity too soon, however these doubts have since never crossed my mind. Throughout my placement with Fundación Colombianitos, my responsibilities were that of any adult and my tasks were meaningful in the progression towards constructing peace in this country. It is undoubtably work which I can apply to my university degree and future employment.

However, this experience will stick in my memory for a long time thanks to the efforts made and enjoyment provided by the team at Intern Colombia. The chemistry and comfort between the team and the interns working in Bogotá at the time could not have been stronger, and I would recommend Intern Colombia to any future applicants, as they did all that they promised and more.

Immerse yourselves as much as you can. By encouraging yourself to settle into a new working environment, or to attend social events with other interns, you start to enjoy your internship 10 times over.
Angela

An Incredible Internship

I'm from Bogotá, Colombia but im currently studying abroad in Strasbourg, France. Intern Colombia gave me the possibility to do an internship in my country. I completed six weeks and I had an incredible time!!! It helped me to gain a lot experience in my field as a designer and also Matthew and Camila are incredible people that are always making sure if everything is going ok with the internship. In this program I met people from around the world. There are plenty of activities that they organized for the interns and the ones I participated in were amazing and they helped me to make new friends that I'm sure they will last forever. I would definetly recommend it to you!!!! Colombia is a great country and the Team of Intern Colombia makes it much better!

Lars

Amazing Experience!

I did a four month internship with this program in Bogotá. First of all the organisation of the stay was very straight forward and easy. You'll be picked up at the airport and will be provided with an apartement. People in Colombia are very open-hearted and very friendly and help you in all questions. The apartement I lived in was a shared flat with other international persons. Not all of them were doing an internship but the group was quite a good mix. Also some colombians lived in the apartement, so that the usual spoken language was spanish.
Intern Colombia offers a lot of weekend trips and social events with other interns, so that you can be sure you have the best time in Colombia and that you'll also see a lot things of the country and the culture.
I personally did my internship at a technology start-up where I worked more or less in the Research&Develpoement area, which was really nice and gave me the opportunity to be part in different teams and projects.
I highly recommend to organise a stay with InternColombia if you're planning to do an international internship in Colombia!

Jovanna

Amazing Experience

Colombia was life changing. I left Texas to a new experience never having in mind that I might never want to leave. Intern Colombia was able to help me find an amazing nonprofit that I learned a lot from and also made lifelong friends. The nonprofit really provides areas for you to get involved and really experience it. Intern Colombia is there from the moment you are interested in going to Colombia to even after you leave. Take the opportunity to really get to know Colombia you might just fall in love. The country is diverse, filled with culture, and has so much flavour. Every region is different. The food is delicious. I think if anyone is looking into latin america, Colombia is definitely the place and everyone should at least go once .

The program was perfect in my opinion. I don't have any complaints or would change anything.
Andrew

Very supportive staff and program

I just completed 3 months interning in Bogota through Intern Colombia and had a very positive experience. Matthew and the staff at Intern Colombia were very supportive. I initially started interning with a company that didn't end up being a good fit for me. After 2 weeks, I realized that I was not enjoying working there. I spoke with Matthew and within a week and a half, we had found me another internship with a tech startup doing sales and data analysis, which was a much better fit for me. I was very impressed with how understanding and supportive Matthew was in helping to find me a new internship so quickly. I have only positive things to say about Intern Colombia - beyond helping me find a new internship on extremely short notice, they also organized a day trip to the nearby town of Villa de Leyva and also gave me a tour of Bogota when I first arrived.

Overall, I had a great experience and would recommend Intern Colombia to anyone looking to intern abroad in South America.

Alex

Incredible experience

I've just finished 2 months in Bogotá at a Foundation working with children and I am extremely grateful to Intern Colombia that they helped me find this amazing position. I'd always wanted to come to Colombia and going through Intern Colombia made everything so much easier. Didn't stay in their accommodation so can't comment on that but everything else was perfect. I felt very well supported before and during my stay, and everyone involved in the company is very welcoming and friendly. Lots of social events organised too. My 2 months were incredible, and helped to confirm in my mind what I want to do as a career when I'm older. I would recommend using Intern Colombia to anyone as any internship you do would be invaluable and rewarding. Go to Colombia for longer than 2 months though if possible, it's an amazing country with so much to do and see.

Sean

Fun Internship

I completed an 8 week internship with an NGO that works on human rights and educating for peace. I worked in an interesting and fast paced environment, with varied responsibilities. I was able to gain an interesting insight into the inner workings of an NGO, skills which are useful for my professional development and highly transferable into future work.

My internship was based in Bogota, which is a wonderful city with a vibrant night life. There is plenty of cool touristy stuff to do and opportunities to travel over the weekends to nearby cities or some of the other interesting cities in Colombia. Especially, seeing as colombia has the most national holidays in the world. Another advantage about this internship was the accommodation. The housing was perfect for me. There were students living there as well as other interns, therefore the social life was class. It also enabled me to improve my Spanish and meet people from all over. Whilst the accommodation itself is quite basic, I would still say the housing was definitely one of the best aspects of the internship due to the social life there.

The process in obtaining and the levels of support after obtaining the internship from Intern Colombia was of the highest quality. They looked after me making sure I was happy throughout and also provided a good induction and orientation to Colombian life. They also offered opportunities to interact and meet with other interns doing fun and cultural things.

Overall, I would highly recommend Intern Colombia to others.

Ben

Amazing experience!

I've done a 10 weeks Finance internship at a start-up in Bogota. The company was really cool and I learned a lot over there. Moreover, from the moment I arrived at the airport, Intern Colombia has geen amazing. Their service (before and during the internship) was really good and they organized weekly social events for all the interns which where nice. I strongly recommend Intern Colombia and Bogota if you are looking for an internship abroad and Colombia is just great!

Madeleine

Valuable experience

The process was clear and easy enough. The choice of locations to do an internship with Intern Colombia (i.e. their partners) is extensive and I was offered three NGOs that matched my previous experience and career interests. The organisation I interned with was just what I was looking for, and I gained really valuable experience. There were less social events than expected but the accommodation itself was very sociable.

Provide interns with the various things included with the fee (SIM card, details for reduced Spanish classes etc) to save them having to chase for it
Agar

Magical Colombia

I’ve done a five months internship with Intern Colombia working in the sales and marketing department of start-up company in Bogotá. From the beginning everything worked out very well including the accommodation solution. This internship allowed me to gain plenty of experience in the business field, which is something I was really looking forward to.
Bogotá is a very nice city with plenty of things to do and places to visit. The staff of Intern Colombia also organizes lots of social events to bring the interns together so really it is impossible to get bored.
I strongly recommend this experience to everyone.

Lukas

Perfectly organized internship and great experience in Colombia!

In order to change my career path and to gain both work and cultural experience, I was searching for
an internship for 4 months as software programmer in Colombia.
As I did not speak any Spanish I thought it would be a hard time for me finding a suitable opportunity on my own.
So I decided to get some help and with Intern Colombia I found a very reliable and transparent organization that has partners and opportunities in many different career fields.
The whole process from the application over finding a matching company and pricing and the job interview is outlined very well beforehand and the communication via Skype was always well organized and friendly. For me it was a very positive experience!

When I arrived here they picked me up from the airport, showed me the apartment etc. and while my stay here Intern Colombia organized social events on a regular basis, where I met other interns, which is also a very nice opportunity to meet new people and to exchange experiences.

My impression of the company Mi Águila, where I did my internship, was very positive. The atmosphere was always very nice and friendly there. Most important for me was that the project I had there was very challenging and had nothing to do with the classic internship tasks. So if you hope to find a real learning opportunity, Intern Colombia provided me exactly with this kind of internship, which is not self-evident.

The country Colombia is very different from its general reputation in Europe, the people are very friendly and Intern Colombia will provide you with a lot of general safety tips, dos and dont's for your stay. As the people in Colombia, especially in Bogotá, speak very clear and slow Spanish this is the perfect situation to improve your Spanish, or even to learn it from scratch.

I just can highly recommend everybody, to contact Intern Colombia and start organizing your stay here as soon as possible!