Internship Opportunities Across Colombia

Intern Colombia connects graduates, students, and young professionals from around the world with first-class internships in Colombia. We provide diverse internship programs in Colombia linked to a wide range of 24 academic disciplines. This means that we can provide an internship that is right for you. We are confident that everybody who takes part in our Program will fall in love with Colombia and gain invaluable employment and life skills.

• Boost your CV - distinguish yourself from the competition in an increasingly competitive global labour market.
  • Personal, academic, and professional growth - transformative inter-cultural learning experiences through our internships.
  • Discover a new country and culture - attend social & cultural events, join weekend trips, and meet other international interns.
  • Make an impact - our internship programs provide you with the opportunity to leave a real and lasting impact.
  • Become a Global Citizen - Expand your cross-cultural understanding and increase your global awareness by doing an internship abroad, giving you the opportunity to better understand your cultural values and beliefs in a new context.

Alex

Incredible experience

I've just finished 2 months in Bogotá at a Foundation working with children and I am extremely grateful to Intern Colombia that they helped me find this amazing position. I'd always wanted to come to Colombia and going through Intern Colombia made everything so much easier. Didn't stay in their accommodation so can't comment on that but everything else was perfect. I felt very well supported before and during my stay, and everyone involved in the company is very welcoming and friendly. Lots of social events organised too. My 2 months were incredible, and helped to confirm in my mind what I want to do as a career when I'm older. I would recommend using Intern Colombia to anyone as any internship you do would be invaluable and rewarding. Go to Colombia for longer than 2 months though if possible, it's an amazing country with so much to do and see.

Sean

Fun Internship

I completed an 8 week internship with an NGO that works on human rights and educating for peace. I worked in an interesting and fast paced environment, with varied responsibilities. I was able to gain an interesting insight into the inner workings of an NGO, skills which are useful for my professional development and highly transferable into future work.

My internship was based in Bogota, which is a wonderful city with a vibrant night life. There is plenty of cool touristy stuff to do and opportunities to travel over the weekends to nearby cities or some of the other interesting cities in Colombia. Especially, seeing as colombia has the most national holidays in the world. Another advantage about this internship was the accommodation. The housing was perfect for me. There were students living there as well as other interns, therefore the social life was class. It also enabled me to improve my Spanish and meet people from all over. Whilst the accommodation itself is quite basic, I would still say the housing was definitely one of the best aspects of the internship due to the social life there.

The process in obtaining and the levels of support after obtaining the internship from Intern Colombia was of the highest quality. They looked after me making sure I was happy throughout and also provided a good induction and orientation to Colombian life. They also offered opportunities to interact and meet with other interns doing fun and cultural things.

Overall, I would highly recommend Intern Colombia to others.

Ben

Amazing experience!

I've done a 10 weeks Finance internship at a start-up in Bogota. The company was really cool and I learned a lot over there. Moreover, from the moment I arrived at the airport, Intern Colombia has geen amazing. Their service (before and during the internship) was really good and they organized weekly social events for all the interns which where nice. I strongly recommend Intern Colombia and Bogota if you are looking for an internship abroad and Colombia is just great!

Madeleine

Valuable experience

The process was clear and easy enough. The choice of locations to do an internship with Intern Colombia (i.e. their partners) is extensive and I was offered three NGOs that matched my previous experience and career interests. The organisation I interned with was just what I was looking for, and I gained really valuable experience. There were less social events than expected but the accommodation itself was very sociable.

Provide interns with the various things included with the fee (SIM card, details for reduced Spanish classes etc) to save them having to chase for it
Agar

Magical Colombia

I’ve done a five months internship with Intern Colombia working in the sales and marketing department of start-up company in Bogotá. From the beginning everything worked out very well including the accommodation solution. This internship allowed me to gain plenty of experience in the business field, which is something I was really looking forward to.
Bogotá is a very nice city with plenty of things to do and places to visit. The staff of Intern Colombia also organizes lots of social events to bring the interns together so really it is impossible to get bored.
I strongly recommend this experience to everyone.

Lukas

Perfectly organized internship and great experience in Colombia!

In order to change my career path and to gain both work and cultural experience, I was searching for
an internship for 4 months as software programmer in Colombia.
As I did not speak any Spanish I thought it would be a hard time for me finding a suitable opportunity on my own.
So I decided to get some help and with Intern Colombia I found a very reliable and transparent organization that has partners and opportunities in many different career fields.
The whole process from the application over finding a matching company and pricing and the job interview is outlined very well beforehand and the communication via Skype was always well organized and friendly. For me it was a very positive experience!

When I arrived here they picked me up from the airport, showed me the apartment etc. and while my stay here Intern Colombia organized social events on a regular basis, where I met other interns, which is also a very nice opportunity to meet new people and to exchange experiences.

My impression of the company Mi Águila, where I did my internship, was very positive. The atmosphere was always very nice and friendly there. Most important for me was that the project I had there was very challenging and had nothing to do with the classic internship tasks. So if you hope to find a real learning opportunity, Intern Colombia provided me exactly with this kind of internship, which is not self-evident.

The country Colombia is very different from its general reputation in Europe, the people are very friendly and Intern Colombia will provide you with a lot of general safety tips, dos and dont's for your stay. As the people in Colombia, especially in Bogotá, speak very clear and slow Spanish this is the perfect situation to improve your Spanish, or even to learn it from scratch.

I just can highly recommend everybody, to contact Intern Colombia and start organizing your stay here as soon as possible!

Cristina

Great experience with Colombian NGO

I would highly recommend going through Intern Colombia to do an internship in Colombia. I was able to enjoy 3 great months working for an NGO, where I had the opportunity to experience working in various areas of the organization, working with great people and gain a valuable insight into future job possibilities. Bogotá acted as a fantastic base to work and live, I was able to get to know the city well and the accommodation was in a good location which easily facilitated travel to work as well as socializing. Colombia is an exciting country where the spoken Spanish is beautiful and I couldn't recommend it more, especially through Intern Colombia- who made the process so much easier

Danyka

Challenging but Rewarding

I can definitely say that my experience working in Colombia was the most challenging, but rewarding experience of my life. It wasn't that I wasn't accustomed to traveling, before Colombia I visited Ecuador, Peru, Spain and many other countries... but I never worked abroad before. This is very different because not only do you need to navigate the cultural differences, but you have to fully embrace them to give your 100% at work. Even though the job was challenging, it offered the perfect opportunity to acquire skills I still had to work on: conflict resolutions, problem-solving, communication (specifically in Spanish), and initiative at work. I worked so hard and learned so much that I really feel like I left a small part of me at that foundation, and that the foundation left its mark on me. The country itself is amazing: the various ecosystems and landscapes, the warm welcomes I received from Colombians, the food, the culture... If you want both a challenge and an opportunity to escape and discover a wonderful country, choose Intern Colombia!

The program could offer more social opportunities such as group activities and organized trips.
Steven

Amazing opportunity..So happy to have done it.

My experience with Intern Colombia is only positive. From the inital skype interview all the way to when i arrived i felt completely comfortable and trusted Matt and his staff completely with everything they did for me. The internship programs that they run are amazing, with great partnerships at some incredible companies. The opportunity has helped give me experience in my degree field as well as speaking a new second language. I will forever be thankful to the opportunity they gave me and would be back in an instant. Oh, and Colombia is the most amazing, diverse country and i am so fortunate to say i have lived and worked there.

Thank you Intern Colombia.

George

A Summer in Colombia

After spending a year living abroad in Spain and Italy, with visits to plenty of other countries, I decided I wanted to spend my summer differently needing to quench a new found thirst I had for the unknown. After extensive research online I finally settled on Intern Colombia and I can firmly say they did not disappoint. The team had everything sorted in a very quick space of time and were thoroughly supportive throughout my 3 months in Bogotá. I was offered an internship teaching English in a foundation which was everything I hoped it would be. I developed a connection with my colleagues and students and everyone I came across in Bogotá, thanks to it being such a warm and hospitable culture. Being back in the UK now I feel like a changed person with a wealth of knowledge which assists me greatly in my studies. Not only that, but I hope to take up a career path abroad, quite possibly in Colombia, and I only have Intern Colombia to thank.
I highly recommend everyone and anyone to do an Internship with Intern Colombia. It will be a life changing experience and something you certainly will not regret.

Ellie

Great experience

I had a great experience with Intern Colombia - moving to a new country can be daunting but with the support from staff and organisation of visas, accommodation etc it was really simple. One of the best aspects of the group for me was the regular events provided throughout my time in Bogota - not only the initial city tour and fruit tour but also the opportunity for weekend trips and nights out which gave the chance to meet people in similar situations doing internships with other companies.
I would definitely recommend anyone thinking of interning in Colombia to go for it, it's an amazing country and the people are so welcoming and always keen to help you have a good time. I made some great friends, explored a lot of interesting places, and overall had an unforgettable experience

milana

Awesome Internship Experience!

InternColombia has been an incredible experience. They helped me find an internship abroad within my desired career field, web design as well as allowed me to meet people from around the world and go to different organized social events. I made great friends through the program and travelled around Colombia with them so you never really feel alone while in a foreign country.

It truly has been an amazing experience and I would hope that anyone wishing to come to Colombia goes for it because it's 100% worth it!

Tom

Best internship company in Colombia!

I was already living in Colombia when I was told about Intern Colombia and had previously looked at other internship companies to do a placement an the honest truth is that they had nothing on what Intern Colombia was able to offer; from support on housing, social activities, to being more financially competitive.

With their help I was able to find a company that suited what I was looking for and has now helped me secure a new international job back in the UK.

If you're considering an internship abroad put Colombia at the top of your list and if you're looking for a company which will help you have the time of your life pick Intern Colombia!

Luke

Very well organised Internship

Very well organised programme. There was a lot of help and effort put in pre departure by interncolombia which made settling in a new country a lot easier and any questions/concerns I had were always addressed very quickly. There were always social events organised with other interns and the placements met all the requirements I wanted to gain from the experience. All in all, this programme gave me the experience I needed after graduating and also allowed to me to drastically improve my Spanish while getting exposure to a different culture. Would highly recommend participating in the Internship programme.

Kirsty

Fantastic kickstart to a career change!

I undertook an internship with Intern Colombia from February to June in human rights and prevention of human trafficking. It was an unforgettable experience and has undoubtedly helped my career path transitioning to this field. Intern Colombia made the whole process incredibly smooth and there's no way I would have found an organisation to work with that fit the kind of work I was looking for so perfectly without their help; especially with my dreadful Spanish skills! The application was straightforward, and they were supportive throughout my time in Colombia. The price is extremely reasonable for the service they provide, including being met at the airport and tours upon arrival in Bogota and arranging social events when I was back in the capital. I opted for a placement in a small town far from Intern Colombia's headquarters but it's my understanding for those based in the big city there were regular outings and events which is a huge difference for anyone apprehensive about moving to a new country alone. Highly recommend!

About Intern Colombia

Intern Colombia provides first-class international internships in Colombia combined with an unforgettable, authentic, inter-cultural experience. We cover 24 academic disciplines, this means we can provide the right internship for you.

Our multi...