Red Tree Study: Film Internships in Colombia

Red Tree Study: Film Internships in Colombia

We’re looking for talented applicants to work with Colombia's top film production companies in summer 2016. Our Internships cover a huge range of specialisms, including production, camera, sound, lighting and animation, to sales and marketing, distribution or post-production. Applicants should be ambitious, enthusiastic and keen to develop practical and technical production skills through hands-on work experience.

The program includes work placement, homestay accommodation with a Colombian family, and an exciting social calendar with social activities and cultural excursions.

• Gain fantastic practical experience with top film and media companies in Latin America
  • Contribute to the development of the Colombian film industry at an exciting time as it is undergoing rapid growth and investment
  • Make industry links and lifelong connections in one of the friendliest and most beautiful countries in the world
  • Boost your career development and learn new skills from a designated industry mentor
  • Develop an international outlook
South America » Colombia » Bogota
South America » Colombia
Industry
Cover Letter
Full time, practical work experience with top Film and Media companies in Latin America
Homestay accommodation (private room, half board)
Designated mentor to provide support and guidance throughout
Weekly progress reviews
Social program, including free activities each week with other interns and employers
Launch event in Bogota with Proimagenes, the Colombian Film Commission

Hannah
Huddersfield
Newcastle University

Great experience and highly recommendable!

I interned with Red Tree Study over this summer and worked on the film program and social calendar. I was so fortunate to work with such a lovely and talented group of people during my time in Colombia. I would fully recommend the experience to film and media students who would like to broaden their knowledge and discover a different part of the world!
Having worked closely with the students during their stay in Colombia, I was able to see how involved they were in their work place. They had opportunities to work on set with crew, help with scriptwriting and assist in editing roles, amongst many other positions! The diverse range of activities available meant that they were able to tailor their stay to their strengths and interests and Red Tree Study was always on hand should the students need any assistance. Alongside their internships, Red Tree Study offers a wide range of social activities allowing students to discover all of what Colombia has to offer. With excursions to Salento (coffee region), hikes in Soacha, tours of the colonial town of Villa de Leyva and visits to the Salt Cathedral, they were able to explore this rich and diverse country.

Madison
Orlando, FL
Florida Atlantic University

A good experience that gives you work experience

For a long time, I struggled with the decision to go abroad for a semester, or get an internship. I knew I wanted to do both, but felt I needed to intern. Red Tree solved that problem for me in the form of a six week internship abroad. The program is very well scheduled with lots of trips and excursions and the people of Colombia, especially the ones you work alongside everyday, were very nice and friendly. This program marked my first time in a foreign country and it is definitely one that I will always remember. It was exciting and fun and Red Tree not only worked to make it that way but also worked to make sure we were always comfortable and happy with everything. Even taking it a step further, when someone wasn't happy about something, they worked very hard to correct it, which is something I was really pleased to experience, especially while in another country where the language is not my own. I really appreciate everything that Red Tree did for me on this trip and am grateful to them for making it so special and offering me this great opportunity. I have now come to love Colombia and the time I spent there, and came home to my family with a lot of exciting stories to tell them.

Times and Wardrobe Recommendations for each excursions.

Leandro
Kansas City
Syracuse University

Lots of fun, top quality film program

I think this program is of top quality, I had too much fun and I learned a lot about my own culture. At my placement I worked on design, script editing, location scouting, subtitle creation, and the film making process in general.

I liked my host family who were very friendly and I enjoyed the social calendar because it gave me the chance to explore Bogota and its surroundings as well as work. My favourite activity in the social calendar was the weekend excursion to Villa de Leyva, a pretty old town in the countryside outside Bogota. I thought that the talks at Bogota Audiovisual Market were a highlight and were very informative about the Colombian Film industry.

The organisers were friendly and helpful and made sure that we were always safe (thanks Ginna!) I would recommend the program.

Sometimes my office was a bit quiet and I still wish communication was a priority as not much interaction occurred in terms if every day dialogue. I wish I could have travelled even more and performed more acttivites with co workers and other interns.

Aylah
New York City
New York University

Amazing Internship Experience in Colombia

Through Red Tree Study I was able to find an amazing internship in Colombia. My internship allowed me to experience the film industry in a whole new way, learning so much about the industry and about myself. Working in Colombia provided me with incredible experience and knowledge that I will carry with me into my future career in film. Not only was the internship amazing, but I also had a great time getting to know Colombia and other interns in the program. My only regret is not staying in Bogota longer.

I loved this program! One recommendation I would make is to work on organization. Perhaps making a strict schedule and sticking to it would facilitate this.

We specialise in Spanish courses, Academic programs and Film Internships in Colombia. We are proud of the excellent support we provide to our students. We run a great social and cultural activity program, and encourage our students to explore beautiful Colombia as much as possible!