The Student-Athletes Abroad summer internship programs in Costa Rica will provide a huge boost to your resume, offering both international experience and professional training. Regardless of your academic focus, we have an internship that will give you real-world experience in a demanding setting, proving to future employers and grad school admissions that you are up for any challenge - on or off the field!
Choose between our San Jose City programs focusing on education, social work, athletic training/physical therapy, health care and nutrition or living on our Playa Flamingo Beach Campus with internships ranging from education, hospitality management, social work and wildlife rescue/rehabilitation.
Student-Athletes Abroad works to ensure you have the most well-rounded experience abroad, while returning to your campus ready for season.
*This program not exclusive to student-athletes.*
- Train for your sport with specialized workouts while gaining valuable work experience in Costa Rica.
- Acquire degree-applicable internship credit from different local organizations.
- Enjoy weekend excursions zip-lining, relaxing at the world's largest hot springs, exploring the bustling city market and more!
- Immerse in the Costa Rican culture living with a local host family.
- Give back to the community volunteering with local youth in your sport while improving your Spanish-speaking skills.