- Train for your sport with specialized workouts while gaining valuable work experience in Costa Rica.
- Acquire degree-applicable internship credit from different local organizations.
- Enjoy weekend excursions zip-lining, exploring a National Park, relaxing at hot springs, and more.
- Immerse in the Costa Rican culture by living with a local host family.
- Give back to the community by volunteering with local youth in your sport while improving your Spanish-speaking skills.
The Student-Athletes Abroad summer internship program in Costa Rica will provide a huge boost to your resume, offering both international experience and professional training. Regardless of your academic focus, we have an internship that will give you real-world experience in a demanding setting, proving to future employers and grad school admissions that you are up for any challenge - on or off the field!
Our internship opportunities range from teaching English in local primary schools to receiving clinical hours working with local club teams to event planning and operations with Costa Rica's national sporting teams, ensuring every student-athlete has the opportunity to develop both personally and professionally through our multifaceted programs.
Student-Athletes Abroad works to ensure you have the most well-rounded experience abroad, while returning to your campus ready for season.
*This program not exclusive to student-athletes*