Student-Athletes Abroad: Summer Internships in Costa Rica

Student-Athletes Abroad: Summer Internships in Costa Rica

The Student-Athletes Abroad summer internship program in Costa Rica will provide a huge boost to your resume, offering both international experience and professional training. Regardless of your academic focus, we have an internship that will give you real-world experience in a demanding setting, proving to future employers and grad school admissions that you are up for any challenge - on or off the field!

Our internship opportunities range from teaching English in local primary schools to receiving clinical hours working with local club teams to event planning and operations with Costa Rica's national sporting teams, ensuring every student-athlete has the opportunity to develop both personally and professionally through our multifaceted programs.

Student-Athletes Abroad works to ensure you have the most well-rounded experience abroad, while returning to your campus ready for season.

*This program not exclusive to student-athletes*

• Train for your sport with specialized workouts while gaining valuable work experience in Costa Rica.
  • Acquire degree-applicable internship credit from different local organizations.
  • Enjoy weekend excursions zip-lining, exploring a National Park, relaxing at hot springs, and more.
  • Immerse in the Costa Rican culture by living with a local host family.
  • Give back to the community by volunteering with local youth in your sport while improving your Spanish-speaking skills.
North America » Costa Rica » San José
Exclusions
Airfare

Elizabeth

Cultural and Athletic Immersion, Very Educational

I stayed with a host family for three weeks, which helped improve my Spanish-speaking skills as well as helped me understand and grow with another culture. Although I am not an athlete myself, I was able to participate in daily workouts tailored to my ability level. The weekend excursions (zip lining, going to a hot springs, swimming at local beaches, etc.) were nothing short of gorgeous, but the weekdays were the most rewarding. During the week, I was partnered with a group that created an athletic program for underprivileged youth, and we also had the option to volunteer with the Costa Rican Special Olympics every weekday. The work we did felt valuable, and this will always be one of my favorite experiences.

N/A

Bridget
Long Island, NY
University of Rhode Island

A Great Experience!

I participated in the summer internship program this past June and absolutely loved it! It was the perfect combination of getting internship experience but also getting to enjoy traveling to a new place. Not only is it beneficial to be able to put on a resume but we also had the opportunity to be immersed in a different culture and be able to approach it with an open mind. I consistently felt safe and welcomed during my stay and would highly recommend this program to anyone!

Juliana

Best Summer Ever!

I did the summer internship program in June of 2017 and it was the best month of my entire life! The trip was so organized while still allowing us as students to figure stuff out on our own. My host family was amazing and so welcoming. The amount of time they have us there is perfect because we really got to acclimate to the culture but didn't get bored. I came back with so much professional experience to add to my resume and memories that I'll never forget!

Sometimes the transportation was a little inconvenient, but that was to be expected in a busy city like San Jose.

Student-Athletes Abroad is an industry leader in international education programs for US university student-athletes. We have been operating programs since 2010, hosting thousands of students from nearly every NCAA sport and from over 500 different DI, DII, DIII and NAIA universities across the United States.