• England
    • London
Industry
Accounting Advertising Anthropology Archaeology Architecture Art History Arts Business Communications Culinary Arts Design Film Finance History International Business International Relations Journalism Law Marketing Media Relations Music Performing Arts Psychology Public Policy +14

Program Details

Compensation
Unpaid
Academic Year Fall Spring
Qualifications
  • Open to college Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors
  • Minimum of 2.75 GPA for students with 75 or more semester credits prior to start of program
  • Minimum of 3.0 GPA for students between 45 and 74 semester credits or for students seeking placements in politics or finance

Pricing

AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Meals Some Meals Travel Insurance
What's Included (Extra)

Round trip flights and airport transfers included for students on the optional AIFS Flight Package.

Sep 04, 2019
Nov 28, 2014

Spend a semester or academic year interning in London with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 12 credits per semester through an internship placement and courses taken at Richmond, the American International University in London.

Internships are available in a wide range of companies and institutions in advertising, art, design, art history, fashion, international business, marketing/market research, media, journalism, politics and government, PR/communications, psychology, theater and more. In addition to participating in the internship, students will take Contemporary British Culture and elective courses.

Enjoy cultural and social activities including:
• Guided city tours
• Theater performances
• Music concerts
• Visit to an English soccer game
• Day trips to Cambridge, Stonehenge and Salisbury.
An optional 3-day trip to Paris (taking you through the Channel Tunnel!) is offered as well.

Program Highlights

• Day trips to Cambridge, Stonehenge and Salisbury
  • Sightseeing and museum tours included
  • Earn up to 12 credits with transcripts issued by Richmond, The American International University in London
  • Optional 3-day trip to Paris, France
  • Includes meal plan and housing in centrally-located student residence

Mikayla

Once in a Lifetime

Everything about this experience was amazing. Pre-departure and on-site staff were helpful and personable. Meal plan=BIG money saver. Flight package was helpful. AMAZING internship placement fit to me, and well prepared for the interview as well. Loved, loved, loved.

Honestly, truly honestly, not much needs to be changed about this program. They've been doing it a long time and genuinely take in the feedback they get, so they grow into what the students really need.
Emily

Internship

I was enrolled in the internship program where I worked at a UK company. It was an awesome experience and really makes my resume stand out.
The only downside was the one actual class I did take from the school. But, if you enjoy writing 3,000 word essays than this is your university!
This was by far the best semester of college, and I didn't want to go back home! I definitely recommend studying abroad, you won't regret it!

Parissa

Wonderful Experience!

I studied abroad through the AIFS London internship. I took a couple of classes through the university and interned full time at E!Entertainment. It was the best semester of my college experience!
We lived in dorms in Kensington (Central London) and I was able to take a bus to the Piccadilly/Soho area for my internship. Through living in dorms and attending some classes I met some great American friends, through my internship at E! I met some great local friends. I keep in touch with both groups of friends.
Through my internship and classes I learn a lot about international business and it ultimately helped me find a great job out of college.

VH

Lovely London

This program is amazing, specifically the international internship program. The experience was amazing and I would do it again in a heartbeat. It provided a real chance to experience British culture. The course, Contemporary British Culture, was extremely enjoyable and the internship I was placed in was my favorite part of my time in London. The dorm in Kensington wasn't amazing, but the location was. It was so close to everything in central London. The program provided tickets to a lot of fun events and outings, including a cruise down the Thames, which offers some of the best views of London.