• England
    • London

Program Details

Compensation
Unpaid
Academic Year Fall J-Term Maymester Spring Spring Break Summer Winter Year Round
Apartment Host Family Hotel

Pricing

Program prices are based on the length of the program selected and begin at $1,050.00 for a 4-week program, excluding travel and accommodation, which can be booked independently or via the FWI support team - who can provide pricing from a variety of pre-approved providers, where safety, and quality have been pre-checked.

Program Fees Include:

- A guaranteed professional internship
- Your own dedicated Program Manager who will work with you to prepare you for your experience
- Preparation of a professional level CV (resume) and cover letter
- Pre-departure Q&A session
- 24-Hour access to a Local Coordinator in your program city
- Welcome pack including local map and essential information
What's Not Included
Accommodation Airfare Some Meals Transportation Travel Insurance Visa
Mar 31, 2021
Mar 19, 2022
46 travelers are looking at this program

The FWI London internship program is your opportunity to get 'up-close' and 'hands-on' with the British fashion industry.

FWI programs are unique to fashion, and give ambitious students the opportunity to intern at leading fashion houses, brands, magazines and PR & events agencies.

Experience one of the fashion capitals of the world, as you live, work, and enjoy life in London.

Home to some of the industries best designers and fashion houses, your bespoke FWI internship program will see you immersed in the industry (Marketing, Design, Production, PR, Communications, Manufacturing, Merchandising, and more), gaining insight, experience, and transferable skills, that can help you learn more, and get hired quicker.

Every applicant is assigned a dedicated Program Manager, who will work to ensure that your program delivers first-hand fashion industry experience, giving you the opportunity to develop your network of industry contacts, enhance your resume, and make you stand-out.

Program Highlights

• Intern in a top fashion brand or business
  • Experience all that London has to offer
  • Programs are eligible for course credit
  • Choose from 4 weeks to 48 weeks
  • Accommodation, travel and visa advice available

• 9-10 rating 83.33%
  • 7-8 rating 5.56%
  • 1-2 rating 11.11%
Mya

Fun city, great internship.

I was very nervous to go abroad due to covid and the pandemic. I was worried we wouldn't be able to enjoy the experience fully, or really get to know the city. I couldn't have been more wrong. During my eight weeks here, I was not only able to work at a really unique and fun internship, but I also got to see so much of London, and the UK! Being able to access my local coordinator made all the difference as she was able to give us tips on things to do, and places to visit, and made sure that we always had other interns to meet and lean on.

Overall a solid 10/10 program that is well worth the money. I would do this program again if I could.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I'm sure this is a common response, but staying longer would have been the only thing I would change. My time has gone by so quickly and with just 4 days left, I do think that staying longer would have enabled me to travel, do and see so much more.
Maya

fashion week 2022

I was fortunate to intern just as London dropped its covid restrictions and experienced multiple roles during my internship, first working as a dresser, backstage, and then in the marketing teams, post show. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and city. housing is in a shared room with to other girls, and travel is cheap with an oystercard, or walking. History and inspo are everywhere in the way people dress, the buildings and the way the everything just fits together. London isn't as expensive as people say but is much more fun!! Loved it.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
working backstage is a really exciting but adrenaline filled experience, as the pace is frenetic and everything has to be perfect and to the second. so much fun.
Emma

Fashion week post-covid in London

I completed a 2-week internship interning during LFW A/W 22. While it was shorter than I would have liked due to it being held mid-term, it was amazing. I enjoyed all the buzz and backstage energy of the shows and my mentor was extremely knowledgeable, and happy to share as much as she could, introducing me to people, getting me involved in loads of tasks, and generally taking me under her wing. I would highly recommend this program to anybody looking for a fashion intern opportunity in London..

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
if I could change one thing, it would be the possibility of staying longer.
Aya
No, I don't recommend this program

They stole my money

I was eager to do an internship in UK, so I contacted them. They gave me the wrong visa advise, and because of that I lost the opportunity and when asked for a refund they stole my money even though it is their fault. They are very unprofessional. I don’t recommend it at all. THEY ARE A SCAM
They have poor communications.
Even before getting the visa, they asked me to pay the full amount because i have a meeting with them, which never happened.
I don’t recommend them to anyone, the gave me a horrible experience.

Saanvi

NY Fashion Internship 2022

Finishing my semester early, I decided to gain extra credit rather than go home for the winter break and interned at a fashion house organised through the fashionweekinternships.com program. The experience is really cool, covering housing finding service, organizing the internship, and providing alumni support. I was only able to intern for 4 weeks, but recommend the experience to any student or grad with a fashion major, or anyone serious about getting into the industry, that wants a real experience.

I believe that the costs of the program are fair, but some of the friends also wanted to take the experience but were struggling with the cost, so maybe offering scholarships or financial aid would be a great idea to extend the reach of the program, as it is so valuable to building experience, and making contacts.
Adelina

My first time abroad in over a year. It felt great!

After what seemed like an eternity stuck at home in Bucharest, due the cancellation of in-person teaching, and the travel ban, being able to finally take up my internship in London came at just the right time.

London was still reopening when I arrived, but you could feel the excitement in the air, as locals got ready for the big football tournament, and the end of social distancing.

If you haven't been to London before, then believe me it is just as magical as you see in the movies! Summer is the perfect time to visit, witgh people sitting outside in terraces, streets closed to traffic, and lots of open-air events.

Walking to work everyday made me feel fortunate to have had the opportunity, but also made me realise how important my internship was.

I was supposed to travel last Summer but it got postponed due to covid, and I later learned from Fashion Week Internships that my host company was one of the few that were still taking on interns.

I learned so much during my internship and got a great insight into the world of fashion, from brand management and PR, how to develop relationships and work with magazines to get column coverage, and what working in an office is really really like.

Time passed very past, and before I know it, my 6 weeks had come to an end.

Living in London was a great adventure, and a great experience.

What was your funniest moment?
Walking into a mirror in a very flashy bar, trying to find the bathroom!
Jacob

Summer in 'quiet' London

This summer I completed a 'new normal' internship in Public Relations in the fashion industry and I had the time of my life. I highly recommend this program because it makes it possible to work abroad and get experience in companies we couldn't access any other way. Through this program, I met lots of people, made some new friends, and did a lot of traveling and exploring (you do have to check now with covid and plan in advance). Also, this program was by far the most affordable out of all placement programs, none of which had much experience in Fashion. Every person replied in a quick and efficient manner, which helped me to get things organised and feel secure in my decisions. Definitely recommend traveling while in London especially to less touristy type areas.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
They have a thing called 'croque monseiur', which is actually French, but in Chelsea and Borough Market quite a few places sell it, alongside a melted cheese plate called 'raclette'. So yummy.
Paula
No, I don't recommend this program

Worst experience in my life!

The company is absolutely disrespectful! They promised a lot of things in the beginning, and I received nothing instead. I payed £950, a lot of money, for a nice experience. I had a simple internship at a company than anyone could apply and be accepted for free! The company is not replying my emails, they even blocked my phone number do I cannot call them to complain. Please invest your money somewhere else and don’t trust Fashion Week Internship! I wanted to receive a refund for them, at least half of the amount, but of course they don’t care about us! When I passed the interview they said “you will work with luxury fashion houses either haute couture” and I worked with a brand that was launched few years ago and is not even well known.

Everything, especially the way that they treat their interns!