Fashion Week Internships - London Internship Program

Model on horse for outdoor shoot. It was cold that day! Thanks Fashion Week Internships!
Girls practising their walk
Girls practising their walk
One of the shows I got to attend with Fashion Week Internships
One of the shows I got to attend with Fashion Week Internships
Fashion Week Internships - London Internships

The FWI London internship program is your opportunity to get 'up-close' and 'hands-on' with the British fashion industry.

FWI programs are unique to fashion, and give ambitious students the opportunity to intern at leading fashion houses, brands, and PR & events agencies.

Experience one of the fashion capitals of the world, as you live, work, and enjoy life in London.

Home to some of the industries best designers and fashion houses, your bespoke FWI internship program will see you immersed in the industry (Marketing, Design, Production, PR, Communications, Manufacturing, Merchandising, and more), gaining insight, experience, and transferable skills, that can help you earn more, and get hired quicker.

Every applicant is assigned a dedicated Program Manager, who will work to ensure that your program delivers first-hand fashion industry experience, giving you the opportunity to develop your network of industry contacts, enhance your resume, and make you stand-out.

• Intern in a top fashion brand
  • Experience all that London has to offer
  • Programs are eligible for course credit
  • Choose from 4 to 48 weeks
  • Accommodation, travel and visa advice available

Hi Meriam, 18 is the minimum age to apply, not 21.

We always recommend that applicants apply as early as possible to give themselves the strongest chance of having their application accepted, and as early applications typically have a wider range of potential host companies to have their application matched with.

Natalia

An amazing month of wonderful experience!

Thank you FWI!

That was an amazing month of wonderful experience! I am endlessly happy that I could have such an opportunity and would definitely recommend all and everyone to take that chance and try themself in a fashion internship!

I came from the small city to the heart of the fashion and style industry. It was my dream that came true! To understand how the industry works from the inside, meet new people and find real relationships! Every day I spent with people that on the one wave with me increased my knowledge, and improved my skills!

I felt support from the work team, help in any question, tips, advice, and saw all the fashion trends! Professionalism, quality, people that are open, passionate and addicted to their work inspired me every single day! Now I am sure - I want to connect my life with international fashion!

If you are thinking about – to TRY or NOT TRY the internship - this is an answer!
TRY IT!

You must experience each moment with no fear, and embrace the emotion, as each moment is so fast, then it is gone.
Xuanyu

10/10 would do it again tomorrow

Spending my Summer in London thru Fashion Week Internships has by far been one of my highlights in college. When I first started this journey there were many challenges, but financing the trip was the biggest obstacle for me to overcome. Thankfully, they were able to introduce me to Erasmus+, and they helped me get funding for the trip, which was huge. You become really close with the people that you intern with, and I still msg with my FWI friends all the time, to see how everyone is doing, and to keep in the loop for future opportunities and news. This was such a big experience personally for me, and putting it into a few words is hard. All I can say is if you're thinking about doing a semester abroad, Do it!!! It will change your life :))

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
My group took me to lunch on my first day and Cheryl stood up, and asked me to say a few words. I was really nervous but when I finished, everyone clapped. On my last day we went back to the same restaurant and Cheryl asked me to say a few words about my Summer experience. It was so difficult because I got to know everyone so well, and literally had to do my best not to get too emotional.
Lola

I loved London, even in the rain..

Enrolling with fashionweekinternships.com in their London internship program was a good experience for me. I joined a fashion marketing consultancy (I’m a business major) and got straight to work within three days of arriving in London. For my first time in London, I was a little surprised by the pace of the city and work environment, but coming with the view that I wanted to learn and only had a limited amount of time to complete my internship it helped me focus and get stuck in a lot. I applied probably seven weeks before I wanted to travel to London and they got me a position relatively quickly.
Fashionweekinternships.com were easy to work with, and communication was relatively easy and supportive.
It was my first time in London, and I am still taken its loudness and how many more foreigners live there than I imagined.

Try to plan your weekends and freetime in advance as ticket prices change when you buy on the same day, and arriving to attractions early you can beat the queues and see and enjoy more!
Pip

London is Fashion!

The application process was simple and fast. Everything was clear and went smoothly. FWI Staff and my program manager were very helpful, and the faq part of the website really helped before I decided to apply.

Christian was my advisor and he was really helpful and genuinely caring about making my experience all that I wanted it to be. Upon arrival I met with other interns that I was sharing my residence with, and was able to spend a lot of my freetime exploring London with.

I worked for a pr and communications agency in Covent Garden. It was amazing! A typical day involved starting at 10, having daily team meeetings to discuss tasks and priorities for clients, checking the media for coverage of campaigns, sending e-mails to book visits and meetings, looking up information to help with press releases, and sitting in on brainstorming sessions.

My internship was a great experience and I plan to keep in touch with them!

I enjoyed all aspects of the program, so there is nothing right now that I would suggest they change.
Fran

Summer 2018

This program gave me the chance to live my future career and become truly independent. Working in a whole new country was a great confidence booster, and the people at Fashion Week Internships really helped me to dive into the culture and experience. I am so grateful to have had this amazing opportunity, and came home with amazing memories, and new friends, having spent my first, and hopefully not my last, Summer in the UK.

Jennifer

My time in London and Paris was......

Exciting, exhilarating, fun, hard-work, challenging, crazy, off-beat, enjoyable, and unforgettable.

I found out about this program thru google and decided to reach out to find out more. I was surprised how quick my application process went, and decided it was an opportunity I didn't want to miss.

I lived in the same residence as many of the other interns from Fashion Week Internships, and we planned our own events and nights out. I met so many students from the program and I made friends from all around the world, Spain, Italy, Canada and home.

Getting to spend the weekend in Paris with my company was the best time ever.. We were backstage at Paris Couture working with a client, and still had time to see the city!

Even though the weekend in Paris was a real highlight, my time in London was fantastic! The company I worked for was really friendly and nice, and I learned so much.

Overall, it was such an amazing experience and I would go back and live it all over again in a second!

I was happy with everything.
Eleonora

Winter 2017 - FWI - Fashion Week Internships, London internship experience

It was incredible! I follow the Executive MBA at London College of Fashion, and used the internship to compliment and support my academic learning objectives. I interned with a Luxury Brand supporting their show prep for the upcoming London Fashion Week. The feedback FWI received from the partner was that everyone was overwhelmed by my dedication, and effort.. I hope I have a chance to work with them in the future! thanks! Eleonora

Elizabeth

California dreaming

I completed a marketing internship with a modelling agency which was such an eye opening experience and really made me realise how much I love this industry. The social aspect was just amazing! Met some really really fun people, and made some friends for life! Definitely worth it, would highly recommend to anyone thinking of doing this program. If I had to change something it would be the housing. LA is a big city and it was difficult to find housing close enough. Overall an amazing Summer, in an amazing city.

Accommodation options were limited.
Sophie

Experience of a lifetime!

I spent an entire semester in London interning for a British couture house! I had the support of the faculty to help plan the program, and they liaised with the program provider so I was able to earn credit.
My experience in the city was brilliant. Every weekend we discovered new places, and it was easy meeting people. I feel honored to have been given the opportunity to learn so much, and would love to visit London and intern again in fall.

I really enjoyed every aspect, but would like to see more assistance for vegetarians in the residence, as most of the food was more suited to meat-eaters.
Abby

LFW 2016

The team were lovely, welcoming and very helpful and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The only downside was not being able to stay longer as I felt it would have broadened my understanding of the business and given me the chance to meet more people, despite that it was great to work in a renowned agency especially during fashion week!

I just wanted to say many thanks for all your support, liaising and organisation on such short notice and I would highly recommend the internship and your company.

For me everything was fine.

Perhaps having someone at the airport to meet would be nice.