Mountbatten Institute: Intern & Study in London

Mountbatten Institute: Intern & Study in London

Graduate Internships in London

International experience is highly regarded by today's employers. Through full-time, corporate internships complemented with postgraduate study, in an intensive one-year program, the Mountbatten Institute equips recent university graduates and professionals with the diversity of skills necessary to top an increasingly competitive labor market.

With approx. 150 internships each year, participants are placed with world-class multinational organizations throughout London including, Barclays Capital, BlackRock, Citibank, HSBC, Thomson Reuters, and UBS. Internships are offered in Finance, Accounting, Business Operations, HR, and Marketing.

The practical training provided through the internship is integrated with evening and weekend classes in International Business or Entrepreneurial Leadership. Accommodation and monthly allowance are provided to support the intern's year abroad.

Programs start in March and August each year.

• 1-Year corporate internship in London: Invest in your future by gaining career related international experience with a leading multinational organization.
  • Cutting-edge graduate business education: Earn a truly international degree or certificate taught entirely overseas. Choose from an MA in Entrepreneurial Leadership or MBA or Postgraduate Certificate in International Business. Complete th
  • Housing and a monthly allowance of GBP 700 included: Shared, apartment style accommodation located in the heart of Central London close to all major attractions, amenities, and public transportation.
  • Build your network: Make life-long friendships and become part of a highly regarded professional network within the business community.
  • Enhance and strengthen your resume: Gain a competitive edge, diversify your skill set, and learn to communicate and collaborate across cultures.
Europe » England » London
Resume
Letters of Recommendation
Language Requirement
Visa Requirement
Internship Placement, Course Tuition, Furnished Accommodation, Monthly Training Allowance

Akin
Lagos.
University of Leeds

Acid Test for your career

A large proportion of university students are unsure of career choice even after graduation. I fall into this category, only a year later did i decide my ideal role and even then I was unsure of deaired industry and company.

Mountbatten programme played a huge part in helping to confirm I love my career path and establish my desired industry. Hence, it is not only recommended that you go for this programme but also have a solid idea on what role you want as mountbatten would aim to meet exact requirements.

The year is very rigorous; you will be working full time hours monday to friday with some evening and weekend classes but it's really nothing to worry about. When your year is done, your achievemnets on work and study would speak volume on your behalf!

Most interns are thrown into the deep end from the first day of work (as part of the process to learn quick) and even though Mtbatten staff and interns' line managers meet at intervals during the year, I had aomething other interns did not. My line manager dedicated one of his senior staff to serve as a mentor on the programme. I give her updates on work, social life, study etc. Nothing is off the table for discussion. The advice helps to tackle issues especially at work, for example in situations where my manager and I have a conflict; a third voice with knowledge of both views resolves our conflict smoothy and fast. Mtbatten should promote such for all interns.

Isaree
Bangkok
University of Chester

One of the most amazing years in my life.

The chance to both earn a degree and has an internship in a world leading bank is a rare opportunity. I did have a great 1 year in London to meet people and learn valuable knowledge hands on. The only con for me is that my work role is heavier than the rest of my programme peers. I normally worked 10 hours+ per day. However, I did learnt more than my peers in a sense and it is not a boring job. The housing complex is also located in convenient central area. Mine is even better since it is walking distance from my internship place; thus, no worry of missing the last train. London is a vibrant city that there always new things for me to do and discover. The city is a melting pot of different cultures, I always meet new people and became their good friends. It is also easy to have a weekend trip to European continents or other parts of UK. And with these new friends I made, I have a free lodging around Europe. As an avid theatre goer, I get to see my favourite actor and actresses on live stage and greet them in person.

The coordination between Chester university and Mountbatten should be improved and made more accessible to students. It took too long to apply the student oyster card and also learning the results. The best solution would be Mountbatten states the deadline of student oyster application online. Then after the deadline, remind the staff of Chester university to check since the staff in Chester seems to missing the mail. The main Chester university system also did not allow us to view our results and we normally get the results through email. Thus, a new result system is needed.

Ruchita
India

Lifetime opportunity to push your Boundaries and Grow

By all means if you are self motivated to get out of your Comfort zone and gain experience not only professional growth but overall personal development then go for it. It is all in one package to experience one of the Best year of life. Make sure you are open to meeting new people, appreciate new culture and keen to learn.
I have enjoyed every single day of programme as every day was unique with its own set of challenges and opportunities. Good luck

Overall In my opinion course structure is good. Addition of latest subjects like Analytics which is applicable across all streams can be a value add for students.

Vishal
Hyderabad

Great oppurtunity and Awesome Experience!

Mountbatten is an impeccable way of having PG completed post graduation. Working and learning simultaneously is an opportunity provided by Mountbatten wherein you can learn professionally how people work abroad and on a personal front, Individual understands to get along with work life balance. I was been placed in London(central London) which paves lot of opportunities to travel. This one year was a roller coaster ride with lots of 'happy go lucky' colleagues.
Also, Mountbatten helps you placed in Multinational Companies and creates lot of placement opportunities. Loved the journey and would cherish all the moments!

I would love to see if the course and the duration is extended from 12 months to more than a year so that individual can embark on placement and also to travel.

Nkiruka
London

Great Opportunity

Being on the Mountbatten program was a great experience that provided me the rare opportunity to gain a Masters degree while working in a prestigious organisation on paid internship. This did wonders for my academic and professional ambitions. A lot can be done however, to improve the execution of study timelines and living arrangements but on the whole, it was a worthwhile adventure..............

Adjust living arrangements and study timelines.

India

Fantastic and wonderful experience

If you are looking to work and study abroad, Mountbatten program it is !! This program gives you an international exposure by providing an opportunity to work with one of the big companies. It has helped me grow both professionally and personally.

Last but not the least, if you are in London, you get to roam the whole Europe !! :) I highly recommend this program. t was truly an amazing experience.

I hope if this program could be for more an year and also it would be good if the Institute can help in placements and allow the international students to work for few years after the completion of the course.

Emily
New York, NY
James Madison University

Amazing program to move abroad and gain valuable work experience

The Mountbatten Institue is an amazing program that helps you move abroad, study, and have a paying work placement. Available in New York and London, I personally moved to London for a year and then Bangkok for the four-month MBA component. Throughout the London program I worked at a top tier investment bank which has opened up many career options for me if you are interested in financial services. I also travelled to over 25 countries during the program, the original driver/inspiration for my move abroad. This was the gap year I always wanted, without having to put my career aspirations on hold and making it affordable.

Like all abroad programs, there is an element of the unknown. After the application and interview process, you have to interview for the job placements you will have. I didn't receive notice that I had a placement until three weeks before the visa arrival date. So you have to be willing to seize the day and make the move without too much planning time.

Jimmy
New York, New York
St. Mary's University College

Literally a Life-Changing Experience

Coming out of Undergrad, I knew I wanted to pursue my MBA, travel and continue gaining knowledge on international business. Through Mountbatten, I found all three of these in one program. The Mountbatten experience has been the most unique experience of my life. I don't know of any other program that offers the triple threat (Schooling, Traveling Opportunities, Working/Living Abroad) like Mountbatten. The opportunities allotd to me have helped immensely in my maturation not just as a business professional, but personally as well. The networking is also second to none. You will live and work alongside many like-minded individuals who you will inevitably build a strong bond with. I still keep int ouch with many of the people who I embarked on this journey with and it's a unique relationship that can only be gained by going through something so matchless together. If you have any interest in International Business, look no further. You will get the experience to work at some of the globes most credible multinational corporations all while living in one of the most vibran and captivating cities in the world.

My one recommendations though it that this program is very much what YOU make of it. The opportunity to network, travel and experience once-in-a-lifetime moments will be presented to you, make the most of it! Enter into the program with an open mind and make as many friends as possible. Put yourself out there! Life begins at the end of your comfort zone! The people standing next to you are tomorrow's future as well, and int his day and age, you can never know enough good people. All the best!

The only this I wish would be more seamless is the work placement. It was early July when I finally got confirmation hat I was accepted to a job. I believe that's a little short notice when you are making a year long commitment. Fortunately it worked out, but that's really the only con I can think of from my experience.

NYC
Quinnipiac University

Unique and Exciting Opportunity to Work/Study in London

Having studied abroad in England during college, the chance to go back to the UK through the Mountbatten Internship was a fantastic opportunity. Getting to work for 12 months in London with a cross-cultural team within the HR division of a major global investment back was a phenomenal experience - I was able to greatly develop my professional skills working on projects for the bank's campus recruitment marketing initiatives. The opportunities to travel were a huge highlight as well - going all around the UK and across Europe, visiting France, Monaco, Italy, Belgium, Portugal, Spain, Ireland, Norway and the Czech Republic during my time on the program. Mountbatten is and remains one of the best years of my life!

New York, New York
Saint John's University

A Wonderful Program for Professional and Academic Development

I was extremely fortunate to come across the Mountbatten Institute whilst searching online. My experience was invaluable! Excellent work placement, interesting and challenging academic programs and practical international experience that has provided me with opportunities that are unique and furthering my career. I studied in the MBA program and would highly recommend the program to anyone who is interested in building their professional and academic profile.

None - the only note I would make is to perhaps have greater compensation for student trainees during the year.

The Mountbatten Institute provides international business internships integrated with academic study for university graduates in world's leading financial centers, London & New York. Internship opportunities are offered with multinational companies in a variety of fields including Finance, Business Operations, Accounting, HR, and Marketing. Alongside the