Global Experiences Internships in Paris, France

Global Experiences Internships in Paris, France

Global Experiences allows students to immerse themselves in Parisian culture, and gain experience in their field of interest. Students are placed into a customized Parisian internship in their career field, where they will increase their French proficiency within their home-stay and internship and learn valuable transferable skills. With 15 years of experience, 5,000 alumni, and award winning programs, there is not better way to intern in Paris than with Global Experiences.

Paris is home to thousands of international business and organizations. No matter why you are drawn to the City of Lights, we'll be able to help you find an internship to match your interests and skills. From fashion to accounting, Paris offers something for everyone who is willing to work hard and appreciate all the splendor that Paris has to offer!

• Personalized Attention: We work with you on a personal level to understand your career interests and internship goals. Starting from the first phone call to the end of your internship, we offer you individualized support to give you all the resources you
  • Immersion Language Classes: For the first few weeks of the program you will take part in immersion-style French courses to help jumpstart your internship experience in Paris
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving in your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with a potential employer, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in Paris year-round and provide interns with an insider's glimpse of the city. The Location Coordinator is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and host all of the interns on a range of soci
  • Guaranteed Internship: That means not having to worry about your future plans for the summer, fall, or spring or the quality of the internship. With an internship with Global Experiences we will work on your behalf to find a high-quality internship that f
Europe » France » Paris
Sports Science
Resume
Phone / Skype Interview
Weekly Hours
Program fee includes: Guaranteed internship placement, centralized home-stay with a Parisian family, local staff in Paris, award winning career development with 15 hours of one-on-one coaching, social events and excursions, individualized pre-departure support, medical/travel insurance, French language courses, and mobile phone.

I took a look at their website and it appears that most internships are unpaid. However, if the company you get partnered with offers a stipend, you can accept it! Here's the link for more answers: https://www.globalexperiences.com/students/faqs/
The program is exclusively for college/university students who are at least 18 years old. The placement of the internships is based on your field of study to gain legitimate work experience for your CV and counts towards your undergraduate/graduate course.

Edward

The Parisian Experience

To live and work in Paris may seem exciting and terrifying all at the same time: trust me, it is! However, with the amazing support and all-the-time guidance from the on-site cooridnators, there is no way to transition more smoothly into one of the most legendary, romantic, historical, and beautiful cities of the world. My particular internship was in architecture, and what better place to admire buildings from across the spectrum of all ages than in the City of Lights? Paris also has that unique ability to create opportunities that may not be available anywhere else in the world. Imagine this: I went to the Musee D'Orsay to sketch some of the sculptures kept in the main gallery. Whilst I was busy sketching, the Chief of Media of the Museum happened to come to chat to me because he liked my sketch work. A short while later I was having champagne with not only the Chief of Media but with the Director himself! Who knows what may happen... Not only does an internship abroad look great on one's CV, but the hands-on experience of working in the Capital is invaluable in broadening one's professional perspective not only in job skills, but in networking and PR as well. As a student, one also has many perks of being young: month passes on the entire Parisian transport network as well as annual train-service memberships are offered to those younger than 25 at a discounted rate. I definitely recommend the Carte Jeune for those with a limited budget but unlimited wanderlust. From the extensive metro and RER network to the boulangeries and cafés on every street corner, one cannot help but become Parisian without even knowing it!

Placing interns outside of the city heart is inconvenient from a mobility perspective: not only does it take unnecessarily long to get to work and back, it is off-putting to just enjoy the sights and activities of the true Paris. If there is no other recourse, the option of sharing student dormitaries/student flats should be explored for those who would otherwise live very far away.

Maria

Art Summer Intership in Paris!

My name is Maria, I am 25 and was born in Madrid, Spain. I was studying Graphic Design in NYC and decided to move back to Europe for a while. Even though, I've been very lucky to have the chance to live all over, this was my first time living and working in a francophone country. I was very familiar with Paris before coming as I have a few friends that live here and I had visited several times. However, it is never the same when you actually live in a place. You get to discover many aspects of the daily life and culture. I was incredibly lucky with my internship at an art gallery. I am very artistic person so being in Paris and working there was the perfect match for me. I got to learn a lot about the industry and how the art business works. I also got to work on my french and my social skills in a foreign language which I think is very useful and satisfying at the same time. I loved every second of the experience. I you enjoy being out of your confort zone and exploring new cities, and getting to know different people, you'll love it!

Marisa

Highly recommended company to find internships abroad!

Overall, my experience with Global Experiences was great! From the start, everything was straightforward and you get what you pay for, black and white just like that. The GE team was very attentive and I must say, they earnestly try to find the best internship that is suitable with your qualifications. I didn't have any concrete experience at all when I applied, after my internship as a fashion editor and writer for a Parisian magazine I can say now that I do. I honestly only have good things to say about Global Experiences. They truly do everything that is in your best interests and are there for you when you and your employer clash for work-related reasons. It must be said that sometimes internships are not the most ideal, but that is not in any way their fault as you can only have what you are qualified to do. In conclusion, I had a great time in Paris this summer because of them and I would do it again if I could. :)

Sarah
Spring Valley, NY
Rockland Community College

A Once in a Lifetime Experiences

I have always dreamed of going to Paris one day. Not for a vacation, but to actually experience the culture and life-style of French people for a couple of months. Global Experiences made my dreams come true, I came to Paris as an intern for two months and these two months abroad were the best couple of months in my entire life. My dream would not have came true without Global Experiences because they took care of everything, they got me an amazing internship, a place a to stay, a location coordinator and so much more.
I'm so grateful to Global Experiences for making my summer so unbelievably amazing and a once in a lifetime experience I will never forget!
Thank you so much Global Experiences!

Claire
Vernon, Texas

A French Internship

My internship abroad taught me so much more about myself than I ever imagined. I found how independent and bold I really am. The only thing I would alter is that I wish I opened up sooner. Because now that I know what I’m capable of I want to jump in head first and explore without holding back. I had the best summer of my life so far in Paris, France. And part of what made it so awesome was the challenges I face while here. I would encourage everyone to try something like this for yourself. Find something that’s going to push you to recognize parts of yourself you never knew. It’s totally worth it.

I think the internship placement itself needs a makeover. I enjoyed my internship and loved my coworkers, but it wasn't exactly what I thought/was looking for. We pushed through and made the best out of it, but I feel like that part of the program could use some help.

Kristen
Waipio, Hawaii

Summer in Paris

Finding the perfect internship for the summer is always a stressful time. One day, my French professor told me about an opportunity of working abroad through Global Experiences. From then on, everything just fell into place. All the informational videos and chats just got me more excited about being able to work in Paris. After being accepted, Global Experiences helps you through all your questions and hesitations about going abroad. Although I have been to other countries before, I had never gone to Paris or lived in a foreign place for an extended period of time.

Being a game design major, I was initially a little skeptical about being able to find a relevant internship for my major through Global Experiences. I didn’t want to be just one of those interns who grabs coffee or does busy work that no one else wants to do. Finishing up my last days here in Paris, I am very happy with my placement. The internship might not have been specifically for game design, but because of that, I was able to learn more about different types of programming. My boss was a designer, and therefore she had an eye for aesthetics. Building a website was one of my main tasks. Being a programmer, I could build the main structure of the site, but with her help, I learned about making the website aesthetically pleasing. Towards the end of my internship, I was even able to make a little game experience. This internship gave me the opportunity to go as far as I wanted. I didn’t feel like a machine but rather a relevant team member, so much so, that my boss offered to have me come back to the company when I finished my studies.

For my homestay, I was very close to the metro. Getting around was easy and simple with my Navigo Découvert. For two months, it was me, my host mother, and one other American in the house. I had five meals a week, home cooked by my host mother, and each meal was delicious. I had some of the best food I’ve ever eaten in my life here in Paris, but my host mother’s dinners were definitely on the list too. These meals were also a good time to bond with my host mother and practice my French.

The activities set up by the program location coordinator were unique. They were a good time to be able to talk with the other interns and go to places I might not necessarily have known about. Building these friendships definitely helped me to feel more comfortable living in a foreign place. They were people you could relax and have fun with on the weekends, or just a group to be able to talk to in English once in awhile.

Coming out of this experience, Global Experiences helped me to build my résumé, strengthen my interview skills and just made me learn more about myself as a person. I also get to say that I spent my summer in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

Caitlin
Ellicott City, Maryland

Incredible Experience

I am just finishing up my internship in Paris and looking back, I am extremely happy with my time abroad with Global Experiences. An opportunity like this is not easy to come by but this program made it a very real and very rewarding experience. The language program at the beginning prepared me for my work experience later on and the class was overall very helpful. My internship was awesome and I learned a lot about the world of work that I know will be useful when I return home.

The host mother that I lived with during my time ib Paris was amazing and I truly could not have asked for anyone better. She was patient with my French and made sure I was getting the best out of my time there. It helped that she was an awesome cook too!

The activities set up by our program advisor were great. I had some of my best times during them especially during our trip to Chenonceau in the Loire Valley. He chose activities that we would not normally get to do on a normal trip to Paris but that were still great experiences.

I would definitely recommend this program to anyone interested in interning abroad.

Kathryn
Long Island, New York

Paris

Paris was definitely a change for me coming from a small town. At first, this city intimidated me. I remember calling my mom and venting to her about all the things I found different in this city. The first month I was here I attended a language school for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week. After that, I did a 2 month internship. It was nice in the beginning to only have 3 hours of school so I could get to know the city. Once the internship began, I started to work 40 hours a week and I did not have much free time. I did, although, learn a lot in the work place, improve my French, make friends, and build my resume and knowledge further. This was truly a life changing experience and I am glad that I decided to step outside my comfort zone and apply to this program.

Becca
Karawaci, Jawa Barat, Indonesia

Paris

Global Experiences put together a great program and I really enjoyed my entire experience abroad in Paris! I was able to work abroad instead of just having done a study abroad, which really helped me gain lifelong experiences for my career as well as my life education. I had a lot of independence with my internship, which allowed me to see how I could handle an entirely new city on my own while speaking a second language. I was doing an internship alongside other Parisians doing the same internship and really felt as though I was emerged in the culture. Things like taking the métro and finding places were a little difficult the first week, but by the end of the trip I'd transformed into a true Parisian and could handle going anywhere. I met tons of really neat people and I will always remember my experience! It has led me to explore more of the world. I am very thankful for the opportunity that I was given through GE.

Ian
Washington DC

An experience I won't forget

I had a tremendous experience with my Paris internship which consisted of me working at the National Institute of Sport Expertise and Performance. While there were many highlights for me in Paris, one that stood out for me was how well my GE matched my interests and major with an opportunity in a foreign country. The internship was exactly what I was looking for and also became a huge resume builder for me.
I had a full time internship while I was in Paris and a very friendly host family that cooked me amazing meals three nights a week.
What many people should realize when they do an internship in a foreign country is that its not like a study abroad. When you study abroad you are surrounded by other students who generally speak the same language as you and you are being taught in a class by professors. This was an amazing experience because I was in the workforce and fully immersed in a foreign culture with a foreign boss. It was very exciting and while it made me a little nervous at first I soon realized that not only was GE making sure everything went smoothly for me, the people that I worked with were also very understanding and accepting.

In my opinion the arranged events by GE were very disorganized and somewhat chaotic. The company through whom GE used for the trip to Versaille was not in the least bit friendly and I thought the final boat cruise on the Seine had very below average food. I didn't travel to the Loire Valley so I can not comment on that event specifically.

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and enhance their futures professionally. Along with