Most Affordable Internships in Greece with Intern Abroad HQ

Learn to Dive Intern in Samos Island Greece
Learn to Dive Intern in Samos Island Greece
Terrestrial Conservation internships in Samos Island Greece
Terrestrial Conservation internships in Samos Island Greece

Intern Abroad HQ offers affordable internship opportunities in Samos, Greece! Whether you're interested in Marine Mammal Conservation, Sustainable Aquaculture, Environmental Law, Media & Communications, Microplastics Research or Environmental Conservation, the diverse programs provide an excellent platform to boost your understanding of how scientific careers come to life. Get ready to contribute to the conservation experience of a lifetime!

Greece internships through Intern Abroad HQ are flexible and affordable. All internship programs include a guided reflection course, to foster the acquisition of essential soft skills for better employability and a resilient career.

Applications are accepted year-round for rolling admission dates! Your experienced Internship Manager will ensure you feel supported every step of the way as you plan and prepare.

Have some questions? Feel free to reach out to us for more details or just chat about your ideas.

• Receive pre-departure and 24/7 in-country support
  • Customised placements
  • Affordable fees
  • Flexible start dates
  • Short term duration

Stephen

An Experience To Remember!

I went on a six-week internship to Greece with Intern Abroad HQ and was working in Marine Mammal and Sea Turtle Conservation Research at the Archipelagos Institute of Marine Conservation. I always had someone to rely on with this company if I had any questions or concerns, and they are very proactive in ensuring their interns get the best out of their experiences. You can tell they've been doing this a very long time and companies like this help take the stress out of finding the right internship for you. I was lucky enough to have Dallas as my point of contact with Intern Abroad HQ and she always went above and beyond to make sure everything was going according to plan and kept in contact before, during and after the internship. Thanks Guys!

Be ready to be adaptable as anything could happen! Especially weather wise!
Meena

My experience at Archipelagos Institute of Marine Conservation

I absolutely loved my experience at Archipelagos. I learned real professional skills from the environmental conservational realm. The scientific directors and staff are wonderful people with the passion to influence future generations about the value of ecosystems. Additionally, they are true activists that dedicate their lives to conserving the ecological heritage of both marine and terrestrial services.
Although some students found their management frustrating because they have deadlines for their masters or phD, I had the honor to see their true motives which are to protect, conserve and spread awareness through monitoring ecosystem services with academic studies. I was disappointed when I realized I would not be taught to scuba dive, due to time frame issues I wish could've been addressed before I arrived. However, I gained a much broader experience in assisting in plenty of projects that matter for sustainable development.
Archipelagos Institute of Marine Conservation have locations on a couple of islands for research. I absolutely love the Lipsi location because it is the perfect authentic Greek experience. You can experience a lot on foot, the locals are kind and the food is forever imprinted on my taste buds. Samos felt more like summer camp, it was hard to explore without a car, so I recommend getting an international license before you go abroad! Both locations are among the world's biodiversity hotspots. In my whole entire life, I have never felt so harmonized with nature and my self from being geographically located within organic balance. The abundance of species is something everyone must experience because this exemplifies diverse functionality. I am forever grateful for the alignment that I harbored in the Aegean Sea.

More clarity on what to expect. Some students believe they will be taught how to dive when really they should expect to be helping with PhD or masters projects.
Response from Intern Abroad HQ

Dear Meena, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on this internship experience with us! It was a pleasure to host you and our team in Greece spoke so highly of you as well. You will always be welcome back and we hope that you'll continue having adventures which inspire your passion for nature and conservation. Wishing you all the best, from Dallas and the Intern Abroad HQ team.

Hedvika

My Greek Adventure

If I were to describe my Media internship in Greece in two words it would be - 'valuable experience'. It gave me everything I needed in a way I did not expect.

I applied for my internship about six months before the departure date and throughout this whole time, I've been in contact with Dallas Boyd from Intern Abroad who has been a huge support and patiently answered all my questions and made sure I was prepared to leave.

I came to Greece with a lot of expectations about how will it work and was originally disappointed with the reality. However, it turned out to be a benefit because I had to learn how to adjust and mainly how to work independently which I'm certain will be useful in the future. Archipelagos are a very friendly organization who are doing an amazing work and I felt proud to be part of them even for just 4 weeks. I came to Archipelagos to specialize in Photography and boost my portfolio with wildlife and nature images but I ended up doing much more than that. I got to document all the amazing surveys other people were doing which helped me learn more about conservation etc. I photographed dissections going on in the lab which has definitely been a new experience for me. I edited a video for Archipelagos and I helped improve their website and reorganize their image library. I felt like I was really making a difference and getting experience in my field which was the whole point of the internship.

I'm very grateful that Intern Abroad are making these internships affordable and helped me get the experience I needed. I would definitely consider this organization if I were to do some other internship in the future.

For the Media internship, it would be a huge benefit if Archipelagos hired a Media manager as sometimes our work was quite unclear and unorganized.

Location:
Heraklion
( HER )
Thessaloniki
( SKG )

If pastitsio and gyros aren't enough of a reason for you to go to Greece; then the stunningly blue waters, the medieval cities, and picturesque white houses with blue roofs should do the trick. Every island has a different vibe and will be well suited for a variety of travelers.

About Intern Abroad HQ

At Intern Abroad HQ, we connect students and young professionals with international internship programs. Whether you’re seeking practical experience to support your study, or wanting to enhance your career prospects, Intern Abroad HQ offers a diverse...