Herbal Medicine and Shamanism Internship in Ecuador

This is an intensive 15-day internship with a general, but deep introduction to herbal medicine and self-healing passing through the traditions of Mayan medicine and ethnobotany. Practical and pure theoretical lessons are offered along with an extensive training with local shamans.

Program: Daily activities (meditation, prana yama, martial arts), theoretical lessons and practical experience, forest trips for collecting plants, visit to the local communities, Mayan neurosacral massage Diploma, ceremonies and creative arts.
Food: mainly vegetarian, fermented and home made food.

Accommodation: private house with shared room and bathroom.

Facilities: an holistic bar, meditation space, a botanical sacred garden, a lab for processing plants, jungle paths.

• Unique opportunity to get in touch with indigenous communities of the Amazon basin and exchange precious knowledge and wisdom in a land which is still linked to ancient traditions.
  • A vibrant atmosphere and a joyous, stunning setting where practicing meditation and ceremonies, psychodrama and ritual theatre.
  • Chance to get involved in holistic therapies and prepare yourselves for a more extensive and profound inner work.
  • The small and intimate amount of students per class creates a concrete opportunity to learn without stress and with a competent, experienced mentor.
  • Possibility to extend the duration of the internship with discounted prices.

Roger

spiritual and personal growth

I enrolled the course 3 months ago and I think it's one of the best move in my life. After travelling around I had the feeling to be lost and restless. Alquimia has been my home, my shelter, my school and my space for finding again harmony and balance. It's not just a course, it's an inspiration.
Through the ancient Maya wisdom I learnt how to approach plants from a different point of view and now I want to apply this new relationship on my self-healing.
I spent days in the forest collecting plants with locals and I send all my appreciation to my teacher/guide/shaman.
I will love to come back one day.
Thanks

Sarah

MINDFUL PROJECT, WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE

I have been studying for 2 months at Alquimia, extending my staying and enjoying a one week retreat in the forest to close my personal path of knowledge.
The variety of information and the precious wisdom and support offered have been a guidance for me. I will always have memories of the whole experience.
The nature around is simply outstanding and I felt the great benefit of living a simple life with delicious food and meditation.
The locals are friendly and I particularly enjoyed the community living.
Fantastic course and life changing experience.

About Alquimia Centre of Healing Arts

Alquimia is a sacred space nestled in the Amazon of Ecuador, Napo region. A magical place where creative arts and healing are combined for self-realization and metamorphosis to occur. The educative hub and sanctuary offers the unique opportunity to...