Mayan Medicine and Ethnobotany Internship in Guatemala

Mayan Medicine and Ethnobotany Internship in Guatemala

This is a one month internship with a general, but deep introduction to herbal medicine and self-healing passing through the traditions of Mayan medicine and ethnobotany. Practical and pure theoretical lessons are offered along with an extensive training with local shamans.

Program: Daily activities (meditation, prana yama, yoga), theoretical lessons and practical experience, forest trips for collecting plants, visit to the local clinic for community projects, Mayan neurosacral massage workshop, ceremonies and arts.
Food: mainly vegetarian, fermented and home made food.

Accommodation: riverfront dorm with terrace, shared bathroom.

Facilities: an holistic bar, yoga and meditation room, a dock with access to the river, a botanical sacred garden, a lab for processing plants, a clay oven, caves, a creek with a water temple.

• Unique opportunity to get in touch with a Mayan community and exchange precious knowledge and wisdom in a land which is still linked to ancient traditions.
  • A vibrant atmosphere and a joyous, stunning setting where practicing trascendental meditation and yoga,temazcal ceremonies, psychodrama and ritual theatre.
  • Chance to get involved in holistic therapies and prepare yourselves for a more extensive and profound inner work.
  • The small and intimate amount of students per class creates a concrete opportunity to learn without stress and with a competent, experienced mentor.
  • Possibility to extend the duration of the internship with discounted prices.
North America » Guatemala
Statement of Purpose
Cover Letter
Weekly Hours
Fees: $ 1500 including food and accommodation, everything listed under the program, educational material in digital format, orientation and guidance. Fees do not include: transfers and airline tickets.

Roger
barcelona
University of Barcelona

spiritual and personal growth

I enrolled the course 3 months ago and I think it's one of the best move in my life. After travelling around I had the feeling to be lost and restless. Alquimia has been my home, my shelter, my school and my space for finding again harmony and balance. It's not just a course, it's an inspiration.
Through the ancient Maya wisdom I learnt how to approach plants from a different point of view and now I want to apply this new relationship on my self-healing.
I spent days in the forest collecting plants with locals and I send all my appreciation to my teacher/guide/shaman.
I will love to come back one day.
Thanks

Sarah
London
London Metropolitan University

MINDFUL PROJECT, WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE

I have been studying for 2 months at Alquimia, extending my staying and enjoying a one week retreat in the forest to close my personal path of knowledge.
The variety of information and the precious wisdom and support offered have been a guidance for me. I will always have memories of the whole experience.
The nature around is simply outstanding and I felt the great benefit of living a simple life with delicious food and meditation.
The locals are friendly and I particularly enjoyed the community living.
Fantastic course and life changing experience.

Alquimia is a sacred space nestled in the rainforest of Guatemala where creative arts and healing are combined for self-realization and metamorphosis to occur. The educative hub and sanctuary offers the unique opportunity to learn ancient wisdom and traditions, herbal medicine and ethnobotany along with