This is a one month internship with a general, but deep introduction to herbal medicine and self-healing passing through the traditions of Mayan medicine and ethnobotany. Practical and pure theoretical lessons are offered along with an extensive training with local shamans.
Program: Daily activities (meditation, prana yama, yoga), theoretical lessons and practical experience, forest trips for collecting plants, visit to the local clinic for community projects, Mayan neurosacral massage workshop, ceremonies and arts.
Food: mainly vegetarian, fermented and home made food.
Accommodation: riverfront dorm with terrace, shared bathroom.
Facilities: an holistic bar, yoga and meditation room, a dock with access to the river, a botanical sacred garden, a lab for processing plants, a clay oven, caves, a creek with a water temple.
- Unique opportunity to get in touch with a Mayan community and exchange precious knowledge and wisdom in a land which is still linked to ancient traditions.
- A vibrant atmosphere and a joyous, stunning setting where practicing trascendental meditation and yoga,temazcal ceremonies, psychodrama and ritual theatre.
- Chance to get involved in holistic therapies and prepare yourselves for a more extensive and profound inner work.
- The small and intimate amount of students per class creates a concrete opportunity to learn without stress and with a competent, experienced mentor.
- Possibility to extend the duration of the internship with discounted prices.