Global Experiences Internships in Dublin, Ireland

Dublin is one of Global Experiences’ most popular destinations. The capital of Ireland is home to an array of internship opportunities ranging from business marketing to non-profit advocacy. Dublin is known for its literary history, fabulous nightlight, and friendly culture.

Global Experiences provides you the chance to immerse yourself in Irish culture, and gain valuable professional experience in your approved career field. We work with you, and all our interns, one-on-one to place you in a tailored internship. During your time abroad, you’ll learn essential career skills from industry professionals.

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences' program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We want this experience to be as fulfilling as possible. From the first phone call, we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Centralized Housing: You’ll be living in accommodations centrally located in Dublin with other Global Experiences' interns. Your housing will have access to public transportation, ensuring it is easy to get to and from your internship.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with potential employers, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in Dublin year-round and provides interns with an insider's glimpse of the city. The LC is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and takes all the interns on a range of social events.

David

Market Research Internship Dublin

I had a wonderful time in Dublin, the GE staff did an amazing job and placing me in the exact internship that I was looking for, and the staff was great at helping us all settle into life in Ireland. It was great to have the staff so accessible, and they had a bunch of fun events to help us enjoy Ireland. Dublin is a very lively city, and it was fun to just walk around and pop into different restaurants, and shops and exploring the city. This experience was one that I will take with me the rest of my life, and that is largely because the staff was able to give me great internship placement, as well as matching me up with others in the housing that I could get along with. The friends I made there I feel are people I will keep in contact with, and have fun with for years to come. It was truly and experience unlike anything I have ever gone through before. I would recommend the study abroad program from GE to anyone that is looking for some great learning experiences as well as a lot of fun.

The only suggestion that I have for the program would be to extend the check out day. We finished our internship of a Friday afternoon, and had to check out of the accommodations on Saturday morning, I would have liked to have a little more time to pack and maybe have one last day to hang out with, and say goodbye to all the people in the group. It just seemed a little rushed, we had to run home after the last day and frantically pack before needing to leave the next day.
Donterrius

Obtained A Better Sense of Myself

I came here to improve my resume within music production; however, I ended up leaving this experience with a much more understanding of myself and more wisdom about life. This opportunity and my placement specifically has led me in the right direction to develop myself and improve upon the way i approach things in life. I am very grateful for this opportunity and will use the knowledge that I have gained to the betterment of myself and my love ones around me. Please note that everyone experience will not be like mines, but I would advise everyone to come with an open mind and be willing to do what you wasn't expecting to do. You'll never know what you will get out of it!

Have the jobs/positions directly geared towards participant's interest.
Andy

First Internship Abroad Experience

This was a once in a life-time experience! I would do this internship experience with GE 100 more times if I could. The staff are very welcoming and kind! They are extremely responsive to any issues we may have. Furthermore, my internship placement was spot on with what I wanted! This experience will greatly augment my career aspirations. If you are torn between a few programs just stop now and chose this program!! Cheers!

This program can be improved be giving a small summary and average cost of all the possible expenses outside of the program. Traveling to my internship was a cost that I forgot to put in my budget.
Dakota

Research Assistant Intern

I interned at UCD as a research assistant intern over the summer in Dublin, Ireland. This was one of the best experiences that I have had in both my educational and professional careers thus far! My placement allowed me to network with other academics, work on several studies, and refine my skills working in academia. I can honestly say that this helped me decide my future, and it greatly assisted me in preparing me for my PhD.

Some of the roommate situations were not spectacular, and rooming arrangements should be better considered.
Gabriella

Social Service Intern in Dublin

Global experiences exceeded all of my expectations. My goal before starting this program was to have a better idea of what I want to do with my future. I knew I wanted to study abroad before entering college, and I was so happy when I found out that I can get internship experience in the field I was interested at the same time. Global Experiences helped with every step of the process from the very beginning and until the end. They were always available to help with any problem whether it was about the internship or the location. I cannot thank GE enough for this once in a lifetime experience.

The one thing I wish could be adjusted was the cost of the program. I understand this is hard to do, but I feel if the price went down more people would be able to participate in this amazing opportunity.
Kiana

Would Do it Again if Given the Opprotunity

This semester was the only good time for me to study abroad, and my time in Dublin has given me the chance to live and experience a different culture and lifestyle, from the people I met and connected with to the amazing historical places within the city itself. My favorite memories were seeing the Book of Kells, where I got to learn about the history of its making and being able to explore Trinity College's Old Library; go and take pictures of the Cliffs of Moher and explore Belfast, and took part in a two day festival for Chinese New Year at the Irish Emigration Museum.
For future participants, I would check if the housing accommodation lets you barrow bedding items and like as I did not know about my accommodation offering that until my final day. I would also recommend using the tram luas alongside the public buses as the former gets you to places more quickly and easier to understand compared to the buses, but using both the luas and buses can help you get around Dublin (though keep an eye on how much money your spending on them). I would also recommend in exploring the city as much as you can, especially by joining groups of your interest or just going out to the bars and nightclubs.

Eric

Dublin Internship Experience

My time in Dublin has been nothing short of life changing and just overall fun. It is truley hard to put into words what I have experienced between the culture, my internship, and the friends I have made. Coming over originally I didn't think the semester would go this smoothly or fast.
My internship couldn't have been more perfect for my field of interest or making connections. Right away my coworkers and my boss made me feel apart of their family. I have honestly never had a boss as great as the one I did. She was extremely understanding when I wanted to travel or even take a personal day. She knew I was an intern and that I was helping them more than they were helping me, in terms of their work load. (She even said that). Even my CEO made me feel extremely welcomed right away. I couldn't have asked for a better placement for a job this semester.
Even outside of that, exploring Dublin was unbelievable, the night life, the scenery and the people. Some of the nicest people I have ever met as well as some of the nicest views I have ever seen traveling around the country! I would highly recommend interning in Dublin, it is a once in a life time opportunity!

I was very disappointed in the Griffith College accommodation. It was a bunch of little things that I just did not enjoy. The staff also wasn't the most friendly.
Drew

Experience Of A Lifetime

I could not have imagined my entire experience in Dublin being as incredible as it was. Global Experiences prepared me in the best way and placed me in an absolutely perfect internship with Trinity Sport. I made lifelong friends almost immediately and settled seamlessly into my internship. My experience as a whole was truly unforgettable and something I will never forget! I highly recommend Global Experiences and their internship abroad program to anyone interested in traveling and growing professionally and as a young adult.

Maybe accommodation could change? That's about it! Other than that it was incredible.
Rachael

Animation & Software Internship in Ireland

Global Experiences' Dublin program truly helped make my dreams come true. Since high school, I've wanted to work in a math/technology role at a feature animation studio. However, such positions incredibly competitive and hard to come by, and I had very few contacts within the animation industry. I chose to take part in Global Experiences to improve my chances of gaining work experience that would help me work towards my ideal career.

GE blew me away with their internship placement process. Despite the specificity and rarity of the internship I was hoping to have, GE was patient and persistent during my placement process. I was amazed by the attentiveness of my program advisor and my internship placement coordinator throughout the entire process. I really felt that they were listening to me and trying to do their best for me.

In the end, I couldn't have been happier with my internship. GE ultimately didn't place me in Dublin -- instead, I worked in a beautiful Irish town called Kilkenny -- but their willingness to explore alternative locations in Ireland paid off big time. I was able to do exactly the work I was hoping to do in a successful and renowned studio that I've admired for years.

As a bonus, I got hired permanently after my internship! Because of Global Experiences' exceptional program, I was able to break into an intensely competitive industry and have the kind of job that I thought I'd be lucky to have five years from now. If you have very particular professional ambitions, GE is a great way to start building the career you want most.

Vandana Preethi

Absolutely worth doing

I was searching for an experience where I could learn something while i'm travelling and then I found Global experiences. They were very supportive right from the start. I got an internship in the field I wanted and learnt many new things about business and machine learning. I would love to do it again (if I were rich :P) The GE social events gave us a chance to interact with all the other interns and know about them and their experiences. The program advisors were very supportive and friendly. They made sure we were comfortable from the day we stepped in Dublin till the day we left. Carolina, our location coordinator planned small trips on weekends so that we don't have to be stressed about where to go and how. I would definitely recommend this to someone who is more interested in exploring their knowledge in their fields while travelling and want to know about different cultures. It's definitely a great opportunity. Yes, I had a wonderful experience and also lifetime friends.

Frankly, I could not think of anything. I loved everything.
Fiona

Film and Video Intern in Dublin

The internship allowed me to make great connections, build confidence in my skill set and expand my knowledge of the global film market. I used all of my technical skills (shooting and editing) and was able to attend film festivals in Cork, Ireland and Sitges, Spain. Global Experiences set up awesome social events and day tours for the interns. I took the opportunity to travel to multiple cities in Spain, England and Ireland while living in Dublin. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything!

Better housing options - although this is more a Dublin thing than something GE can really control
Reham

Take advantage of this opportunity!!

You will learn a lot about yourself in the internship you're assigned to and GE will help you A LOT along the way. You will be provided with two people to contact, check-ins, on-site visits, and if you ever have any questions or complaints, they are more than happy to listen. Also, Ireland has a very down-to-earth vibe so the people here are super friendly and your homesickness will be easily remedied here.

I think internship start dates should begin when it is most convenient for the company. For example, I started mid-September when the roster and intake list was full so I could not do much but to wait another month before I had any clients.
Taylor

Law Internship in Dublin

I went to Dublin with Global Experiences for a legal internship this past summer 2017. I could not speak more highly of my experience! My housing was a bit further out, but GE does an amazing job with roommate matching which I feel can make or break an experience. I got along really well with many of my roommates and frequently stay in touch with both them and others from the program. My placement was with a law firm and very hands-on. I had previously worked at a different office in the states and got nowhere near the level of experience. One of my really good friends was with a magazine and she got to review a band from the states that she loved when they performed at a music festival. While most internships involve doing sort of busy work, the companies GE pairs you with for internships are ready to fully immerse you in the job.

The only improvement I would have for the program would be to make internship-related evaluations more specific. With my internship, I was in court every day or consulting with clients which is vastly different. While most internships can have measurable goals, it's not applicable to all. However, when I gave this feedback I really felt like they listened and took it to heart and further gave me the opportunity to evaluate my placement in my own words -- which was obviously, that I really loved it.
Mycayla

Global Experience in Dublin

This past summer I interned abroad in Dublin Ireland. I had an amazing experience and I would recommend going though global experiences. They were not only helpful but they truly care about each an every intern making sure that they are having the best experience possible. They check up on you twice throughout the summer that I interned. They even took us on weekend adventures throughout Ireland and Northern Ireland. You also get an advisor who you can always go to. The housing was great with maid service every single day! They teach you your strengths and help guid you to your perfect internship. I love this program and couldn't have asked for a better internship.

Chelsea

Discovering Dublin

Interning in Dublin allowed me to gain not only valuable work experience, but enjoy of a colorful and caring culture of Ireland itself. Working as a marketing intern at the Irish Whiskey Museum was unforgettable. From the energetic and friendly tour guides to the supportive and inspiring staff. Dublin welcomed me as one of its own as I explored, stayed, and lived. Apart from the fantastic internship placement, working on the famous Grafton Street allowed me to discover Dublin in a whole new light. Music, shopping, and fabulous shopping surround countless blocks in this walk-able city. I could easily find myself relaxing in one of the many parks and then visiting a lively pub on the same street. On the weekends it was easy to travel to farther parts of Ireland and enjoy the breathtaking scenery over the many hills and castle tops. Discover Dublin and Ireland at your own risk. A place this great is hardest to leave.

About Global Experiences

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and...