Global Experiences Internships in Dublin, Ireland

Intern in Dublin with Global Experiences and find out why the city makes for such a popular destination. Dublin is home to an array of internship opportunities ranging from business marketing to non-profit advocacy. Dublin is known for its literary history, fabulous nightlife, and its unique and friendly culture.

Global Experiences provides interns the chance to immerse themselves in Irish culture, and gain valuable professional experience in their field of interest. We work with interns one-on-one to place them into a customized internship where they will sharpen their transferable skills under the guidance of industry professionals.

• Personalized Attention: We work with you on a personal level to understand your career interests and internship goals. Starting from the first phone call to the end of your internship, we offer you individualized support to give you all the resources you
  • Centralized Housing: You'll be living in the heart of Dublin with other Global Experiences participants in a student-residence close to shopping, public transportation, and nightlife.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving in your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with a potential employer, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in Dublin year-round and provide interns with an insider's glimpse of the city. The Location Coordinator is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and host all of the interns on a range of soc
  • If accepted into our program you are guaranteed an internship within your field. That means not having to worry about your summer plans or the quality of the internship. Our expert staff at Global Experiences will work on your behalf to find a high-qualit

Kiana

Would Do it Again if Given the Opprotunity

This semester was the only good time for me to study abroad, and my time in Dublin has given me the chance to live and experience a different culture and lifestyle, from the people I met and connected with to the amazing historical places within the city itself. My favorite memories were seeing the Book of Kells, where I got to learn about the history of its making and being able to explore Trinity College's Old Library; go and take pictures of the Cliffs of Moher and explore Belfast, and took part in a two day festival for Chinese New Year at the Irish Emigration Museum.
For future participants, I would check if the housing accommodation lets you barrow bedding items and like as I did not know about my accommodation offering that until my final day. I would also recommend using the tram luas alongside the public buses as the former gets you to places more quickly and easier to understand compared to the buses, but using both the luas and buses can help you get around Dublin (though keep an eye on how much money your spending on them). I would also recommend in exploring the city as much as you can, especially by joining groups of your interest or just going out to the bars and nightclubs.

Eric

Dublin Internship Experience

My time in Dublin has been nothing short of life changing and just overall fun. It is truley hard to put into words what I have experienced between the culture, my internship, and the friends I have made. Coming over originally I didn't think the semester would go this smoothly or fast.
My internship couldn't have been more perfect for my field of interest or making connections. Right away my coworkers and my boss made me feel apart of their family. I have honestly never had a boss as great as the one I did. She was extremely understanding when I wanted to travel or even take a personal day. She knew I was an intern and that I was helping them more than they were helping me, in terms of their work load. (She even said that). Even my CEO made me feel extremely welcomed right away. I couldn't have asked for a better placement for a job this semester.
Even outside of that, exploring Dublin was unbelievable, the night life, the scenery and the people. Some of the nicest people I have ever met as well as some of the nicest views I have ever seen traveling around the country! I would highly recommend interning in Dublin, it is a once in a life time opportunity!

I was very disappointed in the Griffith College accommodation. It was a bunch of little things that I just did not enjoy. The staff also wasn't the most friendly.
Drew

Experience Of A Lifetime

I could not have imagined my entire experience in Dublin being as incredible as it was. Global Experiences prepared me in the best way and placed me in an absolutely perfect internship with Trinity Sport. I made lifelong friends almost immediately and settled seamlessly into my internship. My experience as a whole was truly unforgettable and something I will never forget! I highly recommend Global Experiences and their internship abroad program to anyone interested in traveling and growing professionally and as a young adult.

Maybe accommodation could change? That's about it! Other than that it was incredible.
Rachael

Animation & Software Internship in Ireland

Global Experiences' Dublin program truly helped make my dreams come true. Since high school, I've wanted to work in a math/technology role at a feature animation studio. However, such positions incredibly competitive and hard to come by, and I had very few contacts within the animation industry. I chose to take part in Global Experiences to improve my chances of gaining work experience that would help me work towards my ideal career.

GE blew me away with their internship placement process. Despite the specificity and rarity of the internship I was hoping to have, GE was patient and persistent during my placement process. I was amazed by the attentiveness of my program advisor and my internship placement coordinator throughout the entire process. I really felt that they were listening to me and trying to do their best for me.

In the end, I couldn't have been happier with my internship. GE ultimately didn't place me in Dublin -- instead, I worked in a beautiful Irish town called Kilkenny -- but their willingness to explore alternative locations in Ireland paid off big time. I was able to do exactly the work I was hoping to do in a successful and renowned studio that I've admired for years.

As a bonus, I got hired permanently after my internship! Because of Global Experiences' exceptional program, I was able to break into an intensely competitive industry and have the kind of job that I thought I'd be lucky to have five years from now. If you have very particular professional ambitions, GE is a great way to start building the career you want most.

Vandana Preethi

Absolutely worth doing

I was searching for an experience where I could learn something while i'm travelling and then I found Global experiences. They were very supportive right from the start. I got an internship in the field I wanted and learnt many new things about business and machine learning. I would love to do it again (if I were rich :P) The GE social events gave us a chance to interact with all the other interns and know about them and their experiences. The program advisors were very supportive and friendly. They made sure we were comfortable from the day we stepped in Dublin till the day we left. Carolina, our location coordinator planned small trips on weekends so that we don't have to be stressed about where to go and how. I would definitely recommend this to someone who is more interested in exploring their knowledge in their fields while travelling and want to know about different cultures. It's definitely a great opportunity. Yes, I had a wonderful experience and also lifetime friends.

Frankly, I could not think of anything. I loved everything.
Fiona

Film and Video Intern in Dublin

The internship allowed me to make great connections, build confidence in my skill set and expand my knowledge of the global film market. I used all of my technical skills (shooting and editing) and was able to attend film festivals in Cork, Ireland and Sitges, Spain. Global Experiences set up awesome social events and day tours for the interns. I took the opportunity to travel to multiple cities in Spain, England and Ireland while living in Dublin. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything!

Better housing options - although this is more a Dublin thing than something GE can really control
Reham

Take advantage of this opportunity!!

You will learn a lot about yourself in the internship you're assigned to and GE will help you A LOT along the way. You will be provided with two people to contact, check-ins, on-site visits, and if you ever have any questions or complaints, they are more than happy to listen. Also, Ireland has a very down-to-earth vibe so the people here are super friendly and your homesickness will be easily remedied here.

I think internship start dates should begin when it is most convenient for the company. For example, I started mid-September when the roster and intake list was full so I could not do much but to wait another month before I had any clients.
Taylor

Law Internship in Dublin

I went to Dublin with Global Experiences for a legal internship this past summer 2017. I could not speak more highly of my experience! My housing was a bit further out, but GE does an amazing job with roommate matching which I feel can make or break an experience. I got along really well with many of my roommates and frequently stay in touch with both them and others from the program. My placement was with a law firm and very hands-on. I had previously worked at a different office in the states and got nowhere near the level of experience. One of my really good friends was with a magazine and she got to review a band from the states that she loved when they performed at a music festival. While most internships involve doing sort of busy work, the companies GE pairs you with for internships are ready to fully immerse you in the job.

The only improvement I would have for the program would be to make internship-related evaluations more specific. With my internship, I was in court every day or consulting with clients which is vastly different. While most internships can have measurable goals, it's not applicable to all. However, when I gave this feedback I really felt like they listened and took it to heart and further gave me the opportunity to evaluate my placement in my own words -- which was obviously, that I really loved it.
Mycayla

Global Experience in Dublin

This past summer I interned abroad in Dublin Ireland. I had an amazing experience and I would recommend going though global experiences. They were not only helpful but they truly care about each an every intern making sure that they are having the best experience possible. They check up on you twice throughout the summer that I interned. They even took us on weekend adventures throughout Ireland and Northern Ireland. You also get an advisor who you can always go to. The housing was great with maid service every single day! They teach you your strengths and help guid you to your perfect internship. I love this program and couldn't have asked for a better internship.

Chelsea

Discovering Dublin

Interning in Dublin allowed me to gain not only valuable work experience, but enjoy of a colorful and caring culture of Ireland itself. Working as a marketing intern at the Irish Whiskey Museum was unforgettable. From the energetic and friendly tour guides to the supportive and inspiring staff. Dublin welcomed me as one of its own as I explored, stayed, and lived. Apart from the fantastic internship placement, working on the famous Grafton Street allowed me to discover Dublin in a whole new light. Music, shopping, and fabulous shopping surround countless blocks in this walk-able city. I could easily find myself relaxing in one of the many parks and then visiting a lively pub on the same street. On the weekends it was easy to travel to farther parts of Ireland and enjoy the breathtaking scenery over the many hills and castle tops. Discover Dublin and Ireland at your own risk. A place this great is hardest to leave.

Allison

Ireland: The Hidden Gem of Europe

If it wasn’t for Global Experiences, I would never have had the two of the most life-changing and fulfilling months of my life. This summer was my first time going abroad and I couldn’t have asked for a more charming city to live in or a better equipped team to help me prepare and transition into another culture. Due to the Global Experiences team, I felt fully disclosed and prepared before my arrival to Dublin and while there, felt nothing but support and encouragement.

Global Experiences really made it easy to adjust to life abroad. The staff in Dublin showed us around the city, offered countless dining recommendations, and even took us to get Irish SIM cards the first day. Their efficiency in dealing with the logistics of living abroad helped to alleviate many of my nerves and fears of being across the ocean for the first time. Additionally, the scheduled events throughout the program were always enjoyable and helped all of us in the program get to know each other and the city of Dublin even better. It was evident that Global Experiences wanted every intern to have the best experience possible, and that they did everything in their power to ensure that this happened.

I was first interested in this program after learning about the guaranteed internship, and I was not disappointed as I was placed at an incredible office. My goal for this summer was to learn as much as I possibly could and I can confidently say that I have learned more than I ever thought possible. My boss was so generous and kind and immediately put me to work in the office. I gained invaluable experience as I was entrusted with producing payslips, preparing and filing tax returns with the Office of Revenue Commissioners, and with producing, analyzing, and auditing full company accounts for both Umbrella and Limited Companies. Due to this internship, I am returning to America with a greater understanding of Irish tax and accounting, and with a better understanding of who I am as a businesswoman and person.

Ultimately, eight weeks flew by too quickly; yet, I know that the memories and friends that I have made will last a lifetime. Words cannot even express how grateful I am for Global Experiences for making my first abroad experience so memorable as I could not have asked for a better summer.

N/A
Josh

How Living on the Emerald Isle Changed my Life

This has been one of the most life-changing summers of my life. Because of this program, I've been able to live in a fresh, new city all summer, make some of the most amazing friends, and work for a company that care about me and is passionate about propelling my career forward. Dublin has been nothing but sweet to me throughout this experience. Whether it be eating lunch in St. Patrick's Park, Hopping on the DART to one of the many beautiful hiking spots along the coast, traveling to different events throughout the city for work, or simply hanging out with friends at a pub, this program has provided nothing short of life-changing experiences.

I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to learn more about their field, themselves, and the world around them. This program provides what I would consider a once-in-a lifetime experience. Dublin is such a vibrant city, filled with live-music, culture, and tons of passionate people. The landscape is filled with historic castles, mountains, and lush green fields. This is definitely a summer I won't soon forget. And best of all, It's an experience that has helped me grow both as a professional and an individual. I'm so happy to have gone on this trip and hope many other students get to experience this wonderful city like I was able to. Thanks Global Experience, for a wonderful summer and an experience of a lifetime.

Jaclyn

Interning Abroad-- A Life Changing Experience

I am a strong proponent of the phrase "you never know until you go." Interning abroad allows this phrase to ring true to the highest extent, and Global Experiences is a tremendous help in making it all possible. Global Experiences gave me the opportunity to immerse myself in a brand new culture, live as an independent adult and commute in a city, and make friends and memories that will last a lifetime. Through my administrative theatre internship in Dublin, Ireland, I learned more than I could have ever hoped and made connections that I will keep throughout my professional career. I was also able to attend photoshoots, press events, rehearsals for a brand new dance theatre piece, fundraising parties, and so on... I had the time of my life! Words cannot express how grateful I am for this opportunity.

You should absolutely take the opportunity to intern abroad with the help of Global Experiences. The advisors at GE are kind and passionate about sharing the culture of a foreign city. You will be in wonderful hands!! You truly never know until you go, and I would absolutely recommend taking the plunge and going abroad. Your experience will absolutely change your life.

Waseem

Dublin Internship

I really enjoyed my time in Dublin. The program co ordinators were friendly and helpful. my placement was very exciting I was able to gain more skills and my co workers were very accommodating. I will miss Dublin it is an exciting and beautiful place but mostly I will miss my new friends. I would recommend this internship to people as you meet many different people from different cultures. Thank you Global experiences for the wonderful internship.😀

Hannah

GO TO DUBLIN

One of the best experiences. This internship was seriously worth every penny. I could have not picked a better location. Dublin is an amazing city with such rich history as well as modern flair. If you are trying to decide the best location, look into Dublin you will not be sorry. The town is fun and safe. I never once felt uneasy or scared. Global Experiences matched me with my DREAM internship. I learned such vital information and skills that will put me above my competition in the real world. Global Experiences is a great program and I could not recommend it more.

About Global Experiences

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and...