Global Experiences Internships in Dublin, Ireland

Wicklow Mountains
Wicklow Mountains
Dublin Internship
Dublin Internship

Dublin is one of Global Experiences’ most popular destinations. The capital of Ireland is home to an array of internship opportunities ranging from business marketing to non-profit advocacy. Dublin is known for its literary history, fabulous nightlight, and friendly culture.

Global Experiences provides you the chance to immerse yourself in Irish culture, and gain valuable professional experience in your approved career field. We work with you, and all our interns, one-on-one to place you in a tailored internship. During your time abroad, you’ll learn essential career skills from industry professionals.

Please note, there is a tuition fee. All internships are unpaid as it is difficult to be paid in a foreign country.

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences' program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We want this experience to be as fulfilling as possible. From the first phone call, we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Centralized Housing: You’ll be living in accommodations centrally located in Dublin with other Global Experiences' interns. Your housing will have access to public transportation, ensuring it is easy to get to and from your internship.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with potential employers, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in Dublin year-round and provides interns with an insider's glimpse of the city. The LC is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and takes all the interns on a range of social events.

Andrew

Computer Engineering Summer Internship Dublin

I just finished my summer internship in Dublin through global experiences although I was skeptical at the start I found that Global Experiences did an amazing job pairing me up with an internship that fit my preferences. I worked for a tech startup in dublin and had the chance to contribute to the startup in many ways while also learning a ton from all of the employees and other interns. I did not live in the housing provided although I visited a few times and the housing seemed very nice and in central Dublin. The Dublin staff did a great job making sure I was enjoying my internship and providing me many opportunities to meet more of the students in the program through weekly social events. All around it was a great experience and I am very pleased with the experience I gained during my internship and the relationships I made.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would go to more of the events that Global Experiences hosted. I made friends through my internship which took up most of my time but I still wish I had done more with the other students in my program and took part in more of the trips GE offered.
Blake

Global Experiences is the best overseas internship program around

From the second I decided to go abroad for my internship to when I got back from an amazing summer in Dublin, Global Experiences and their staff were extremely helpful, kind, and accommodating. I seriously can't thank them enough for everything they did. I interviewed with Andrew, who went above and beyond and really got to know me as a person and helped me figure out what was best for me. My Program Advisor was Sara, who was very organized and helped me complete everything on the pre-departure checklist with ease. My location coordinators were Lara and Hallie, who were on the ball all the time with any questions the attendees had. They were super approachable and easy to talk to as well. If you're having trouble choosing an internship abroad program, I would urge you to give GE a try. I promise you won't be disappointed with the level of service and attention you receive.

Get ready to say "Yes!" to more invitations. Dublin is a very lively city with so much to do, and you and your friends will likely want to try to check everything off the list.
Nita

Once in a life time!

The GE internship program is a must going into your young adult life. Volunteering abroad was an experience like no other. Meeting new people, getting work experience, discovering your likes and dislikes in your personal field, experiencing new culture, was priceless. I discovered that I really loved working in a nonprofit company in the field medicine, I am more confident in my goals for my future career because of this GE program. Throughout this experience, not only did I get to meet people in my host city Dublin, however, I made friendships that will last forever with other GE students. As we worked through out the week, we also had the opportunity to travel Europe on the weekends. This GE experience made out to be the best summer ever.

My advice to future travelers would be to branch out! Don’t be afraid of new things, new people, and new norms! This is the opportunity to learn about new cultures and broaden your knowledge about other cultural norms.
Ryan

Global Experiences Internship: Ireland

This was a fantastic experience, both for getting to see the world and for professional and personal development. It was a journey of self-discovery and guidance for my future career and interests for the remainder of schooling. Ireland is a beautiful country, with tons of hidden gems and attractions beyond what is advertised and presented in social media. Discovering these little areas and attractions was the highlight of the journey for me, being able to go around wherever I could feasibly get and finding each and every activity, park, group of people, and corner of Ireland that I could in the time I was not working. Work itself was great, as it not only exposed me to people who had been immersed in the culture for a long while (and provided fun conversation with comparisons between cultures), but also gave a profound look into my own professional career path and where I intend to take my life from here on out.

Shannon

An Unforgettable Journey

Being in Dublin this summer was an amazing experience! I got to travel to many new places in both the Republic of Ireland and in Northern Ireland. I have also had the opportunity to make new connections with the people that I have met through this program, which I am incredibly thankful for. Global experiences has helped to prepare me for what it is like to be abroad, especially within Dublin. Through all the orientations they had online I can say with confidence that I understood what to expect while I was here. Once here, I was able to contact any of our location coordinators if there was an issue and they would respond in a decent amount of time to help. Overall, Dublin is a great city with many sights to see, and Ireland is a beautiful country to explore. If given a second opportunity I would definitely do this program again.

Darius

Much More Than You Think

Global Experiences seems at first like no more than a convenience service, a program that finds an internship for you based on what you're looking for so you don't have to. While it's great at this, having gotten me a job with a senator, it helps you in many more ways than just getting you connected with an employer that will benefit you throughout your career. Global Experiences provides you with one on one resume and cover letter help that is quite insightful, for example. Furthermore, the program lets you take a professional personality test that, while at first seemed a bit like a Buzzfeed quiz, is nonetheless employed by real companies all over the world. So, you'll get it out of the way, be able to provide those results to future employers, and be able to use the test to inform your cover letter because the results reveal your top five strengths as a worker that can help inform what kind of rhetoric to employ. Yeah, the test seems pretty wonky and fake, but trust me when I say it's eerily accurate. Beyond all this, they will always be available for whatever kind of advice you need throughout the process, both before and after you secure the internship and even during. If you're looking for a service that is all about making sure you succeed now and in the future, Global Experiences is the one for you.

I did a lot this summer, and in large part because I started meeting people and traveling in the first week. While I recommend doing the same, don't blow your wallet. It's easy to go crazy in a new city with a bunch of new friends, but at least for me the final two weeks were a bit tricky financially.
Skyllar

The Best Summer!

The Global Experiences staff do everything they can to ensure the transition into a new culture goes as smooth as possible. They provide whatever support is needed, and were very helpful throughout the duration of the internship. Lots of social events were planned to help immerse you into Ireland's unique culture, and I definitely recommend taking advantage of these opportunities! Traveling abroad enables you to broaden your perspectives and grow as an individual, both personally and professionally. My internship itself was in the government, and definitely helped me gain a clearer understanding of what I want to do in the future. Working as an intern as provides valuable professional experience to prepare you for the work force while also building your resume. This was an experience like no other, and I guarantee you would not regret it!

Invest in experiences while you are here! This is a once and a lifetime opportunity, and I know indulging in city and night life can be tempting, but save time and money to experience things you'll never have an opportunity to do again. Ireland is full of things to see, learn, and do, and truly has something for everyone to enjoy.
Hannah

Amazing staff!

I had the best summer ever in the Dublin, Ireland global experiences program. The staff was amazing! They helped me with my internship by improving my resume and cover letter, giving me a Clinton strengths assessment, and interview prep. They also prepared me for my time abroad by having a pre departure phone call that went over everything I should expect, internship tips, how to get a phone there, how to figure out transportations, then set me up with insurance, and showed me how to cope with a new cultural environment. The staff helped me meet people in the program too by coordinating tons of social events, so don’t be nervous if you don’t know anyone before you get there, I didn’t and made a lot of friends. The staff is constantly making sure everything is going well with your internship and that your satisfied with the program. After two weeks into my internship I had a phone call with a staff member that made sure I was happy with my internship. Halfway into my internship I had another staff member meet with me and my supervisor to talk about all that I had learned and what my internship responsibilities were. Overall I had such a great time this summer and highly recommend the global experiences program.

Take advantage of your time abroad by traveling to other countries as much as you can on weekends. Try to also really immerse yourself in these new cultural environments so you can expand your perspective by talking to people and studying local history.
Bo

Awesome Time in Dublin

GE provided me with such an amazing opportunity to intern abroad but even more than that, their on site staff were terrific. They only had two weekend excursions, which was really nice because it wasn't so many scheduled trips that it felt like we had no freedom on the weekends but the two we had were totally awesome. This summer has not just taught me so much about the world, immersing myself in a different culture, but it has also taught me a lot about myself. I was terrified to enter the real world after I graduate next year, but now, although I am still nervous, I feel so much more prepared to be on my own and living and working independently. I cannot recommend this organization highly enough, they gave me a summer I only ever dreamed about.

Serena

My Amazing 10 Weeks in Dublin with Global Experiences

The location coordinators in Dublin were amazing. Any time I had a question or a concern they were always so willing to help out. There were multiple ways to get into contact with them at any time of the day and they usually answered in less than 24 hours. They were very personable and easy to talk to. I was never nervous to ask them any questions I had. Because they were so open and personable it made the things we did as a group more enjoyable. We did a few things as a group, such as Galway City, the Cliffs of Moher, Belfast, the National Museum of Ireland and even a scavenger hunt to get know the city of Dublin better. With each of these we would get a dinner and a drink. It was a great way to get to know everyone in my program and create friendships with people. I would most definitely recommend Global Experiences especially in Dublin.

Don't hold yourself back from something you want to do. You may not find someone who has the same interest as you, but that shouldn't keep you from going. It's OK to do some things alone.
Jamie

Dublin, Ireland

I loved my experience here, the job I was placed with was amazing and the people were extremely supportive. GE did an amazing job being there for me and helping me settle into everything really easily. The coordinators are also great at just making sure you are doing alright and always open to talk to you about anything you may be having trouble with.
The housing was the most difficult part, we did have a mix up with departure dates, however, it was not on GE but rather the place we were staying. With that said, GE did an awesome job handling it promptly. The rooms are small but nice, and the custodial staff does come in the mornings on the weekend so be prepared for that! But they take out the rubbish as well as change your sheets every week!
Overall a great experience, would highly recommend.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I had the chance to do it all over again, I would travel around Ireland more!
Malik

Dublin: The Place to Be

I came to Dublin with Global Experiences to take part in a political based International internship. I was able to do so with the Irish Labour party under senator Kevin Humphreys. On top of that the GE crew did an amazing job at selecting my roommates, because they made this experience enjoyable, exciting, and full of life. We were able to travel, eat together, watch 'family' movies, watch Love Island, and we even explored the night life of the town. I won tickets to see Hamilton in London, my mates and I explored Dublin and Ireland, we spent a majority of our time together. I wish the time was longer, but cherish every moment that I spent here working with Kevin and my friends. I would recommend to everyone that has the opportunity to go abroad to do it! This will forever be an experience that I will reflect upon.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I won 2 Hamilton tickets in London and decided to be daring so I took the trip. It was a difficult choice to make because I prioritized work over traveling, but I knew if I wasn't going to take the risk now then when would I. Going against every mental reservation that my mind and body was cautioning to me, I quickly purchased a hostel, accepted the tickets, and acquired my plane ticket. I love every moment of London and of Hamilton.
Justin

A Global Experience

This experience was awesome!

The social events we went to were: Cliffs of Moher, Art Gallery, Belfast and some other surprise trips. All of them really showed us the different parts of Dublin.

If you are thinking about this trip, do it! You're so young and you deserve to have an experience like this. When you do arrive in Dublin, there were some things I would recommend that you do.

For starters if you are a vegan, I highly recommend going to "Token". Order the vegan big mac (yes its a thing) and a vegan spice bag. I also recommend going to a hurling match and the Ghost tour. When you take the trip to Belfast, stay overnight and go on the Game of Thrones tour.

Keep in mind that Dublin does indeed have a gigantic drinking culture. Most of your budget will be spent on alcohol after work with co-workers.

I would have liked to go out with the staff for a drink. They promised me they would but never did.
Victoria

Professional Growth and Cultural Experience

Being in the Global Experiences program in Dublin has given me professional growth, lifelong friends and a chance to travel Ireland and the world. My placement was at a top company in my industry in Ireland, and I was able to work with some of the nicest and most supportive people I've ever met. Our accommodation was set up for us in a nice spot just outside the city and had top notch amenities. Global Experiences also provided us with social events that were a combination of eating out, cultural experiences and day trips around Ireland including Cliffs of Moher, Galway and Belfast. Living and working abroad is more immersive than traveling, and opens your mind to new cultures and experiences. This was a rare opportunity to live abroad, and Global Experiences helped make my time here unforgettable.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The Irish classic: blood sausage. It tastes better than it sounds!
Matthew

Amazing Experience!

In order for me to complete my international business minor I had to complete an internship abroad. I worked with GE, and I have to say I was incredibly impressed, they helped set up multiple sessions for me to improve my resume, do personal strengths, and interview prep. They also did a phenomenal job in the placement. I worked at IT.ie an up and coming IT company that provides services to hundreds of different clients. I worked with and alongside senior engineers as they helped sort out various clients technology issues. I also learned how to encrypt computers, set up secure endpoints, and how to build servers. There were even a few days where I got to go on site and hone my skills, doing this allowed me to see much more of the city and country than I had ever thought.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would stay in different accommodations, not because UCD was bad, but because my commute to and from work was around an hour and a half either way. It was exhausting but that was the only bad part for me

Location:
57 F / 37 F
Airports:
Dublin
( DUB )

Dublin is the capital of the Republic of Ireland and is the largest city in the country teeming with pubs, castles, museums and Irish step dancing.

About Global Experiences

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and...