View Other Details
Intern in the economic, fashion and financial hub of Italy. You can practically feel Italy's pulse in fast-paced Milan. Getting to work is affordable with the tram, subway and bus systems. For lunch, grab a quick bowl of minestrone with your coworkers, or fill up on risotto alla Milanese or the regions's famed ossobuco.
An IES internship develops your professional skills, your ability to communicate across cultures, and provides substantive work experience to jump-start your career in today’s competitive job market. The optional language class increases your Italian language proficiency and fluency.
- Before you go, we work with you to fine-tune your resume, perfect your cover letter, and hone your communication and interview skills as we prepare you for working in a new cultural environment.
- You'll be guaranteed a placement at a local business or organization where you will work up to 40 hours a week.
- Develop your professional skills and gain substantive work experience to jump-start your career in today's competitive job market.
- Share a furnished apartment with a fully-equipped kitchen with three to five IES Interns.
- Get to know Milan through extracurricular activities and cultural events.
IES Abroad Scholarships and Financial Aid
As far as we're concerned, financial limitations shouldn't prevent you from studying abroad with us. That's why we offer more than $5 million in scholarships and aid.
You’ll be guaranteed an internship placement at a local business or organization, where you’ll work for at least 25 hours a week. We will work with you to help find the closest match between your expressed preferences and professional goals with what’s available via IES Internships in Milan. Build an international résumé, develop cross-cultural competence and vital professional skills, and prepare yourself for the global workplace with an internship in Milan this summer.
You’ll be guaranteed a semester-length internship placement at a local business or organization, where you’ll work at least 25 hours a week. Upon arrival, our Milan Center staff will welcome you for orientation and give you an introduction to the city, housing, commuting, and professional and cultural expectations. You'll also enroll in a 3-credit internship seminar with other IES interns, where you’ll learn about local business settings and opportunities, as well as an Italian Language course.