View Other Details
Atlantis is the largest and most reputable pre-health study abroad organization for US undergraduates. With shadowing experiences in Pavia, Milan, Genoa, Venice and more, our Italy programs are for those who want adventure. What better way to gain 60+ clinical hours than in the country with pasta and gelato galore! Students will shadow in top European hospitals with well-esteemed physicians and have the opportunity to explore the rich culture that Italy has to offer.
Students build lasting relationships with physicians in various specialties and observe patient care from start to finish. Knowing how different healthcare teams operate and communicate is a great way for students to reflect on their own leadership skills. With alumni in 40 of the top 50 MD programs, Atlantis prepares students for a future career in healthcare.
Since summer of 2021, Atlantis has ran many safe and successful programs throughout the continuance of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Programs run during winter and summer breaks so there is no need to take time off during your academic semesters!
- Rotate weekly through different specialties to gain exposure to various medical practices and procedures.
- Immerse yourself in a program abroad to understand healthcare in a global context, and embark on weekly excursions to experience Italian culture, sights, and food.
- You do not need to know Italian to have an amazing and impactful experience!
- Start dates for summer in May, June, July and August, and for winter in December and January.