View Other Details
Atlantis is the largest and most reputable pre-health study abroad organization for US undergraduates. With shadowing experiences in Athens and more to come, our Greece programs are for those who love all things ABBA. What better way to gain 60+ clinical hours than in the country full of myths and legends! Students will shadow in top European hospitals with well-esteemed physicians and have the opportunity to explore the rich culture that their host city has to offer.
Finding different physicians to shadow can be difficult to find in the US, especially throughout the pandemic. Specialties such as surgery, cardiology, and OB/GYN can be even harder, especially if you don't live in big cities! With alumni in 40 of the top 50 MD programs, Atlantis prepares students for a future career in healthcare.
Since summer of 2021, Atlantis has ran many safe and successful programs throughout the continuance of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Programs run during winter and summer breaks so there is no need to take time off during your academic semesters!
- Rotate weekly through different specialties to gain exposure to various medical practices and procedures.
- Immerse yourself in a fellowship abroad to understand healthcare in a global context, and embark on weekly excursions to experience Greek culture, sights, and food.
- You do not need to know Greek to have an amazing and impactful experience!
- Start dates for summer in May, June, July and August.