Multiple Locations +2

Compensation
Unpaid
Year Round
Qualifications
  • A desire to change the world, promote human rights and care about inclusion and diversity challenges
  • Are currently pursuing a degree in digital storytelling, communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, media or broadcasting, or other related field
  • Are passionate about and experienced in social media and digital marketing. We welcome a clear vision on social media conversation management, engagement and on social media in general
  • Experience social media as your ‘second skin’, and you are proactive and reactive in the social media universe
  • Experience with various digital platforms including WordPress and Mailchimp
  • Strong organizational and analytical skills
  • Excellent communication skills
  • Strong interest in learning about human rights, humanitarian aid and international drug policies
  • Fluent English – both verbal and written communication

Pricing

$899 USD
Jul 26, 2021
Aug 18, 2021

This non-profit organization was established to address the specific dimensions of drug problems based on the existing knowledge and best practices of the past 40 years. The aim was to promote, within the International Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies a health-based approach to drug related suffering, and to prompt humanitarian action in this area.

• Support the organization’s team on campaign conceptualization and implementation
• Produce and write organic content for Social Media and newsletters under the supervision of the RC2 coordinator
• Build reports with data from social media pages and web sites
• Work with our coordinator to increase leads (signatories) and test new ideas
• Monitor social networks
• Analyze analytics to gauge the success of campaigns
• Collaborate with RC2 partners, when needed
• Develop news ideas for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin
• Ensure day-to-day conversation management on our social media channels

Program Highlights

• Position: Social Media & Digital Content Intern
  • Duration: 12 weeks (minimum) – 10-15 hours per week
  • Location: Virtual

Camryn

Rome Consensus Internship

My time working with Romina and the Rome Consensus team was amazing. Humanitarian drug policy, and the world of drugs in general, was something that I had little to no knowledge on prior to this internship. However, after working with them over the last several months, I have learned so much. Knowledge and skills included. Romina was an amazing mentor! She was attentive, answered any questions that I may have had, and although our time zones were very different, she was always willing to work with me and make sure I had the tools and information that I needed to complete my tasks. My major is in Global Communication, and dealing with what I learned to be such a globally connected issue was very eye opening. Although I worked virtually the entire time, I was still able to meet and connect with people all around the world as we came together on this work. I recommend this program to people who are looking to expand their knowledge on humanitarian work and NGO's, as well as those looking to expand their international social media skills, and increase their global network / communication capabilities. I learned so much about myself throughout the entire process as well, I had such a great time with this team, and I am very grateful for this opportunity!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I was asked by the Rome Consensus team to present a question during their panel at the United Nations Commission on Narcotic Drugs 2021, their panel had hundreds of attendees from around the world, and many of them were incredibly influential and important figures in this field. I was so nervous! However, Romina and the RC2 gave me the prep and tools to ask a great question that I felt proud of. And the teams support made me feel confident the entire time!
1 person found this review helpful.