International Internships in Dublin with The Intern Group

Final Places Available for Spring Internships

There are only a couple of places remaining for The Intern Group's Spring internship programs. Apply now to secure a space!

Coined “the Silicon Valley of Europe”, Dublin is the proud home of the European headquarters of many global technology giants such as Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook and eBay, to name a few. We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable professional experience in one of the world's most dynamic cities.

Partnering with a range of companies, organizations and NGOs, our Dublin program will boost your professional development. We offer programs for people of all backgrounds and experience levels. Your program includes accommodation, airport pick up and drop off, regular social and cultural events, professional development tools and workshop, 24/7 emergency assistance, a one on one career coaching session for alumni and many other great benefits. Apply now to our award-winning program featured in CNN, TIME and Forbes.

Bianca

Opportunity of a life time!

I graduated from Uni in May and wanted to travel, but also build my resume. I found The Intern Group and it turned out to be the best thing I could have done for myself.
My internship was amazing, they gave me real work, assignments and projects. My coworkers were friendly and welcoming- on my first day they decorated my desk and on my computer screen there was a meme that said “you’re on of us meow!”. It was the best office expirence I could have asked for.
Paul, the program coordinator was the best. He would organize weekly meet ups and weekend activities. He really provided a true Irish expirence!
In short, I loved my time in Ireland, I met some of the coolest people in my life all while being abroad and building my professional resume. If I could have improved anything, it would have been extending my time!

Rach

The best 8 weeks of my life!

Doing an 8 week internship in Dublin was the best decision I’ve ever made - it helped me grow as a person, and provided invaluable experience in my field of study (Computer Science). The events organised by the Intern Group were always incredibly enjoyable and worth every cent that I payed for this opportunity. I’ve made lifelong friends with people from all over the world, as well as important industry connections including mentors who have passed on valuable information on to me.
For anyone thinking of applying for this internship experience, I cannot recommend it highly enough. Being given the chance to live and work halfway around the world, and being completely independent but still supported by your fellow interns and the staff at the Intern Group - it’s a once in a lifetime experience and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Paul

The Dublin Experience

The time I spent in Dublin blew my expectations out of the water in every aspect. My internship itself gave me great hands experience and helped me learn a lot in my field. I did the didgital marketing for a The Church bar, restaraunt, nightclub and tourist attraction. They took me on a corporate event and because it was a tourist spot as well as bar and restaurant, I had plenty of perks when it came to food and bringing groups of people there for a night out.

The instructors were amazing, they were all very lively and outgoing and did an excellent job making everyone feel comfortable upon their arrival and the duration of your trip. They set up a variety of events and trips that I advise everyone to take advantage of. It’s a great opportunity to go out with the other interns and get to know them as well as taking part in something fun. There’s events that range from something as simple as a literary bar crawl to something as adventurous as a day trip to Cliffs of Moher and Galway.

Because I did the Summer program, My accommodation was located in UCD (University College Dublin). Where I shared an apartment with 3 other people. From my personal experience, the summer program offers a better living accomodation then the middle of the year. The group size of interns that come in the summer are drastically larger as well and everyone in the summer program are all placed together at UCD. Where in traditional housing you are placed in a house that is in supposed to be a convienient location from your Internship, however, your housemates are typically not from the Interngroup. I guess that can give it a real authentic experience. It would just depend on your personal preference at the end of the day.
-However, if you’re not a fan of the rain and cold weather, I would definitely advise going in the Summer.

The people you find throughout Ireland, particularly In Dublin, are very diverse and welcoming, of course with an exception of the occasion drunk. You’ll find that there’s actually a large amount of people that aren’t even from Ireland but are living, working or traveling there as well.

J.w.

Intern group review

This is the most exciting opportunity I have ever been given and I enjoyed it tremendously. Prepare to have a professional experience you will never forget while making memories that will last you a lifetime. The interngroup in Dublin is top notch, and I was blessed to have worked with their team. The friends I have made, both local and and fellow interns, have had a great influence on my life, and I can’t wait to come back one day. The professionalism I gained in my workplace has already began helping me reach my individual goals in the field of psychology. The cultural events I was exposed to created an interest in within me for the Irish culture that is hard to put into words. Overall, it is one of my greatest decisions to date and I’m truly blessed to have had this experience with the Interngroup in Dublin. It was amazing!

Kaitlyn

InternGroup Dublin Review

Where I'm from, internships are everything and it's near impossible getting a job in your degree field without one. Even ones that require 0-1 years of experience can be difficult to get as they'll go with people who have that 1 year. This was a great way for me to spread my wings and return to a city I love! I had been in Dublin before and had been itching to go back so this provided a great opportunity for me! The internship I was a part of was amazing. It let me get a real feel for what a job in my career field would be like and I got to see my projects applied and displayed for everyone to see, which was incredible! The outings and the people were probably my favorite. The group provided so many different things to do nearly every week which really helped me make the most of my trip, and if there wasn't an outing, being able to take a day trip by taking the DART or bus with others really made it worthwhile. The only downside (slightly) was the housing. I had a few issues with a few small things, but they were really nothing I couldn't handle and deal with for the time I was there. In this day and age, it's all about connections and experiences, and this group provided just that in a fun and safe environment I will always be grateful for.

Munirah Sulaiman
Munirah

Internship experience

I went on this journey with a goal and that is to get more comfortable with European culture in general. But not only did i achieve that goal, Dublin is a beautiful city on its own. The Irish are great folks and the streets are really clean and flowers growing on the side of the road. The Intern Group is a grand company since they really care for us. They’ll ensure that we’re always enjoying our internship and we can speak to them if we’re having a hard time adjusing (for those not used to being away from home). They have booked a few attractions for us too just so we can enjoy Ireland more. I would strongly recommend The Intern Group to anyone who is planning to do overseas internship.

Taylor

Extremely fulfilling AND fun.

My internship in Dublin, Ireland with the Intern Group was truly incredible. I was paired with a job that gave me an immense amount of useful and helpful experience for my future career-path, and even though it's over, I'm still in touch with my co-workers and boss who are helping me to get jobs over here in the States, and have even discussed coming back over there to continue working for them abroad. As for the program itself, it was extremely well organized, and the three on-site program coordinators were some of the coolest people I've ever met. We loved spending time with them! I lived in a house with people who would come and go every few weeks, but they were also some of the most interesting people I've ever met. It was quite an experience, living and working abroad with students of about the same age doing the same thing. But I think it wouldn't have been as great an experience if it wasn't for the great effort of the Intern Group staff. I definitely recommend participating in an internship with the Intern Group if you want a quality experience working abroad. Who knows where it will lead!

The ONLY thing that I think could have been improved was the housing. Personally, I had a great housing experience (great location, housemates, etc.) but I know many people on the program felt they were too far from their jobs/their friends or that their house wasn't as clean as they'd like it. But when you did bring these issues up to the Intern Group staff, they always did everything in their power to fix the problem.
Sophie

Trip of a lifetime!

I cannot think of a better way to have spent my summer. This program was incredible, every detail was thought out to make it the best possible experience. When choosing what to do with my summer I knew I wanted to travel, but also felt pressure to get an internship. The Intern Group was the perfect mix of the two.

I worked for a startup company where I got to make a real impact on the direction of the company. I got experience in the field I am hoping to work in and my boss was always sure to check in with me to make sure I was doing meaningful work.

In addition to work, I met some of the coolest people. It was so refreshing to be surrounded by outgoing people who are curious about the world and driven to be successful. There was no shortage of fun things to do either! The Intern Group had so many cool events of things you may not think to do on your own, or that would be more fun as a group. I also had the opportunity to travel a bit while I was there. A few friends and I went to Edinburgh and just by chance got to see the Queen of England!

Overall, this experience allowed me to grow as a person, have an amazing 6 weeks, and even add some high-quality experience to my resume!

I just wish I had stayed longer.
Emma

Personal Growth

This experience was not only excellent in terms of preparing me for future success in my career field but also helped me grow as a person. This placement taught me to be independent in a way that I could not have learned anywhere else. Being in a foreign city and having the confidence to go out and experience the world is a truly invaluable experience. I would recommend this program to anyone looking to grow both their professional and life skills.

Mackenzie

Dublin Experience

This program was awesome. They provide you with a great deal of guidance as well as independence at the same time. If I could do it all over again I would do it exactly the same. My advice to future participants would be to take advantage of all of the opportunities at your internship and be proactive. Attend as many meet-ups and events with the other interns and group leaders, make the most of your time in Dublin because it flies by.

The internships need to properly communicate what you will be doing or what they expect from you.
Mackenzie

International Internships in Dublin with The Intern Group

My experience with The Intern Group in Dublin was outstanding. The coordinators were so helpful and genuinely concerned with any questions or concerns I had. The Irish are so much fun to be around and the coordinators were no exception. The company I was placed with for my internship was a perfect fit and I had an amazing 6-weeks working for them. The summer housing all the interns in my group were placed in was very clean and well maintained. I felt very safe in my location and the city bus I took to-and-from work was easily accessible.

I would highly recommend an internship in Dublin with TIG over the summer. There is never a dull moment in the city and I was never at loss for something fun to do. There are so many amazing restaurants to try, people to meet, and places to explore in Dublin. Public transportation is fantastic within the city and to the surrounding cities and towns meaning travel is definitely an option. If you want a fun city, with a diverse and inclusive cultural feel that still has strong traditional roots, there is no better place than Dublin.

Brennan

Awesome Experience

The Intern Group facilitated an awesome internship experience. Dublin was, of course, incredible and the internship itself was really interesting and provided me with a lot of useful skills and introduced me to a different working culture. The other people on the program were interesting and fun, and I made some good friends. But the part of the program that blew me away the most was how helpful, nice, and engaged the program coordinators were. I think what really sets this program apart from other ones is that the coordinators make you feel like they actually care about you. My group was about 40 people, with two more groups arriving while I was there, so without a doubt they certainly had their hands full. But if I had any questions (ranging from what to do if I burned my hand to where to buy Jello), I could just ask my coordinators and they would be back within minutes with an answer. They're also just legitimately fun people, exactly the kind you'd want to grab a pint and chat with.
Overall, it was an awesome experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Ajit

Review

It was great! Got a great musical tour of the city and met so many cool people! Huge shoutout to the Dublin team for being amazing and friendly!
Everyone pointed out the historical landmarks and talked about how Dublin evolved. The walking tour of the city especially was incredible. EPIC Ireland might be the greatest museum in the world. Temple Bar is practically daylight robbery. End of review.

Iris

A unique, transformative experience!

My three months doing policy research and analysis at an Irish nonprofit were an unparalleled experience! I had been worried about whether or not I'd be getting meaningful experience, since I was a high school graduate on a gap year. The Intern Group did an amazing job matching me with an organisation that made use of / improved the skills I'd learned from my previous internships. The Intern Group spent a tremendous amount of care on making sure that I benefitted from the experience as much as my employers did, which is something I appreciate more than I can say. Living in a house with other interns has more than prepared me for dorm life this fall, and the program staff were always on hand to help with any concerns I had. I will never forget the community that I had the privilege to be a part of during my time in Dublin. I never expected this level of personal or professional development, and I will always remember my three months in Dublin with TIG as three of the best months of my life!

I really cannot think of any ways that this program can be improved.
Caroline

Dublin Intern Group

After accepting my position in the Dublin programme I didn't think much of it until Christmas crept around the corner. My programme began in the first week of 2018 and ended in March. I had never been to the northern hemisphere nor had I ever imagined living in Dublin for 8 weeks. At first, the prospect of working as a legal intern was exciting and enticing, I'd have the chance to not only learn from professionals in my field of interest but I will also get a taste of what I will hopefully be doing for the rest of my life after completing my law degree. This excitement was, however, shortlived as my nerves soon got the better of me. I had never travelled farther than the Pacific sunshine and warm beaches were the norm for me so life on the other side of the world in a city and country I knew little about was going to be a new challenge and adventure. After my 30-hour journey from New Zealand, I was warmly welcomed into the city of Dublin. My first steps out of the airport were memorable. I was prepared for the winter and assumed it would be like winter back home. We've had really cold winters with some freezing mornings and nights as cold as -11°C but stepping outside the airport the cold air hit me unexpectedly and taught me a harsh lesson. A wooly jumper will not suffice. Granted it was summer in New Zealand and I had just left behind 30°C weather but this was a different kind of cold, it was icy and it cut right through my skin. My first impression, Ireland is bloody cold.
The people, on the other hand, are friendly and warm but this too brought another challenge, communication. Not only did I have trouble understanding the locals they were also struggling to understand me. Nevertheless, after shouting what they were trying to say and speaking more slowly they always tried their best to help you out. The struggle of attempting to understand the accent and the vernacular made simple tasks unnecessarily difficult but I soon got into the groove of how the locals speak.
To ease us into life as a Dubliner the programme staff ensured we were well prepared sending us an abundance of information well before our arrival and were always available to answer our numerous questions. On my day of arrival, a programme staff met me at my accommodation which I really appreciated. She really made me feel welcomed making me feel less home-sick and anxious. Our first group meeting was that same night at the Porterhouse pub in central Dublin. It wasn't too difficult to find even while jetlagged. The place was lively and was a great choice to break the ice with the other interns and the staff. I didn't stay long as my eyes were threatening to close every few minutes but the ambiance was pleasant and it seemed like a real Irish pub. We have pubs in New Zealand but from those that I've visited, they weren't as lively or popular with the younger patrons. The programme team always kept us informed of what was happening around town and constantly updated us on popular events through the group facebook page where they posted events and places of interest like where to get the best falafel in Dublin. They also had other methods of keeping in contact with us and always made sure we were comfortable and happy.
At beginning of the programme we had orientation where we learned about the working culture in Ireland such as how to interact with colleagues and workplace etiquette. I learned that the workplace culture wasn't universal and learned from other interns what work life was like for them from their part of the world. After orientation, we went on a city tour which I found extremely helpful. It mostly taught me to look for the Spire (the pointy statue in the middle of O'Connell street) when I got lost and that Dublin's city centre wasn't as big as I thought it would be. It was only a 15-minute walk from where I was living or for when I was feeling lazy a 5-minute bus ride. As an aside, I'd recommend having a street map with you or the name of a street you're looking for written down. I struggled many times trying to pronounce place names so having something to point at when asking for directions would ease your struggle.
The programme staff organised many events for us and provided a monthly and weekly schedule of events. I found this helpful as it allowed me to plan out my own trips. Our first major group event was a bus tour to the Cliffs of Moher. It was relaxing and had some nice scenic views. I had gone out drinking the night before to better acquaint myself with my new flatmates so the early rise of the trip wasn't ideal though seeing the countryside of Ireland and appreciating the natural scenery was refreshing and calming and it also reminded me of home. What captivated me the most was the colour of the grass. It may not seem impressive but it was so green and lush and I knew then why Ireland was known as the Emerald Isle.
The programme staff also kept us busy during the week with smaller events peppered throughout the week ranging from dinners, to pub crawls, to seminars. As one of the older interns I preferred relaxing at home after work but during the weekend I made the most of my free time to explore. There are many historic jewels in the city all within walking distance of each other. You'd be spending most of your day walking so a good pair of shoes is highly recommended. Travel out of the city is just as simple with their Dart and Intercity Rail lines. I took the train one weekend to a small sea town called Howth which was only a 15-minute journey. The programme staff organised a trip there one weekend as the town is known for its Saturday markets. It's a quaint little town and could be easily explored in an hour. The salty air is refreshing and there are plenty of spots for pretty pictures. Or if you'd like to get a feel for the UK vibe without breaking the bank a 2-hour train ride to Belfast is an inexpensive way of seeing a bit of British culture. Travel around the country wasn't too difficult either. I'd recommend bus tours as a good way of seeing other parts of Ireland it's an easy alternative to organising a rental. Working during the week doesn't leave much time for exploring so I always planned a trip for the weekend though I was fortunate enough to have most Fridays off. The programme staff planned events for the weekend but as a bit of a loner and the only intern in her thirties, I preferred a more quiet way of exploring and bus tours was an ideal option for me. I went on a bus tour to Blarney Castle and during the trip, we stopped at Cork and other small towns in between. I found tours were also a nice way of learning about the history of Ireland. Living in Dublin also means cheap fares to other parts of Europe or the UK. For a cheaper alternative to taxis there are a number of buses that travelled to and from the airport though where I was living was only 20 minutes away so the taxi fare wasn't too expensive.

If you're into the nightlife then Dublin has you covered. The Temple Bar district is the liveliest part of the city and is rampant with tourists though if you prefer a more quiet scene there are plenty of other pubs around and probably a better way of getting to know the locals.
My internship was my favourite part of the programme. I learned a lot from my supervising lawyer. Seeing firsthand the amount of time and work that goes into a case was eye-opening. I knew going in that lawyers work a ridiculous amount of hours but witnessing the dedication and drive these professionals have really emphasised why I chose to pursue this career. I was fortunate enough to visit the Four Courts and sit in on a couple of High Court and Supreme Court cases. Like New Zealand Ireland follows the Common Law system so it was interesting to see how things run there.
Overall, my time in Dublin was enjoyable and a once in a lifetime experience. I learned a lot from my internship which has helped me strive for my goals after university. I also made many friends across the globe. I became good friends with my flatmates and even spent a weekend in London with one of them. But I don't think I would have enjoyed myself as much if I didn't have the support of the Intern team. Being a long way away from family was difficult enough but being in different time zones as well meant regular contact was scarce so having people there I knew I could rely on really helped. Lastly, had I not taken the opportunity to complete my programme in Dublin I wouldn't have ever thought to visit such a wonderful place as Ireland. The main lesson I learned is that being pushed out of your comfort zone can do you some good and I definitely achieved that with my time in Dublin.

About The Intern Group

The Intern Group is one of the leading providers of international internships. Our programs are located in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia & Latin America. We place participants from all over the world in international internships that propel...