International Internships in Dublin with The Intern Group

Final Places Available for Summer Internships

There are only a couple of places remaining for The Intern Group's summer internship programs. Apply now to intern abroad this summer!

Coined “the Silicon Valley of Europe”, Dublin is the proud home of the European headquarters of many global technology giants such as Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook and eBay, to name a few. We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable professional experience in one of the world's most dynamic cities.

Partnering with a range of companies, organizations and NGOs, our Dublin program will boost your professional development. We offer programs for people of all backgrounds and experience levels. Current student or recent graduate? Take this chance to gain experience that will make your resume stand out. Not sure what you want to study yet? Take a gap year to test-drive your career. Professional in transition? Gain experience in your new field.

Munirah Sulaiman
Munirah

Internship experience

I went on this journey with a goal and that is to get more comfortable with European culture in general. But not only did i achieve that goal, Dublin is a beautiful city on its own. The Irish are great folks and the streets are really clean and flowers growing on the side of the road. The Intern Group is a grand company since they really care for us. They’ll ensure that we’re always enjoying our internship and we can speak to them if we’re having a hard time adjusing (for those not used to being away from home). They have booked a few attractions for us too just so we can enjoy Ireland more. I would strongly recommend The Intern Group to anyone who is planning to do overseas internship.

Taylor

Extremely fulfilling AND fun.

My internship in Dublin, Ireland with the Intern Group was truly incredible. I was paired with a job that gave me an immense amount of useful and helpful experience for my future career-path, and even though it's over, I'm still in touch with my co-workers and boss who are helping me to get jobs over here in the States, and have even discussed coming back over there to continue working for them abroad. As for the program itself, it was extremely well organized, and the three on-site program coordinators were some of the coolest people I've ever met. We loved spending time with them! I lived in a house with people who would come and go every few weeks, but they were also some of the most interesting people I've ever met. It was quite an experience, living and working abroad with students of about the same age doing the same thing. But I think it wouldn't have been as great an experience if it wasn't for the great effort of the Intern Group staff. I definitely recommend participating in an internship with the Intern Group if you want a quality experience working abroad. Who knows where it will lead!

The ONLY thing that I think could have been improved was the housing. Personally, I had a great housing experience (great location, housemates, etc.) but I know many people on the program felt they were too far from their jobs/their friends or that their house wasn't as clean as they'd like it. But when you did bring these issues up to the Intern Group staff, they always did everything in their power to fix the problem.
Sophie

Trip of a lifetime!

I cannot think of a better way to have spent my summer. This program was incredible, every detail was thought out to make it the best possible experience. When choosing what to do with my summer I knew I wanted to travel, but also felt pressure to get an internship. The Intern Group was the perfect mix of the two.

I worked for a startup company where I got to make a real impact on the direction of the company. I got experience in the field I am hoping to work in and my boss was always sure to check in with me to make sure I was doing meaningful work.

In addition to work, I met some of the coolest people. It was so refreshing to be surrounded by outgoing people who are curious about the world and driven to be successful. There was no shortage of fun things to do either! The Intern Group had so many cool events of things you may not think to do on your own, or that would be more fun as a group. I also had the opportunity to travel a bit while I was there. A few friends and I went to Edinburgh and just by chance got to see the Queen of England!

Overall, this experience allowed me to grow as a person, have an amazing 6 weeks, and even add some high-quality experience to my resume!

I just wish I had stayed longer.
Emma

Personal Growth

This experience was not only excellent in terms of preparing me for future success in my career field but also helped me grow as a person. This placement taught me to be independent in a way that I could not have learned anywhere else. Being in a foreign city and having the confidence to go out and experience the world is a truly invaluable experience. I would recommend this program to anyone looking to grow both their professional and life skills.

Mackenzie

Dublin Experience

This program was awesome. They provide you with a great deal of guidance as well as independence at the same time. If I could do it all over again I would do it exactly the same. My advice to future participants would be to take advantage of all of the opportunities at your internship and be proactive. Attend as many meet-ups and events with the other interns and group leaders, make the most of your time in Dublin because it flies by.

The internships need to properly communicate what you will be doing or what they expect from you.
Mackenzie

International Internships in Dublin with The Intern Group

My experience with The Intern Group in Dublin was outstanding. The coordinators were so helpful and genuinely concerned with any questions or concerns I had. The Irish are so much fun to be around and the coordinators were no exception. The company I was placed with for my internship was a perfect fit and I had an amazing 6-weeks working for them. The summer housing all the interns in my group were placed in was very clean and well maintained. I felt very safe in my location and the city bus I took to-and-from work was easily accessible.

I would highly recommend an internship in Dublin with TIG over the summer. There is never a dull moment in the city and I was never at loss for something fun to do. There are so many amazing restaurants to try, people to meet, and places to explore in Dublin. Public transportation is fantastic within the city and to the surrounding cities and towns meaning travel is definitely an option. If you want a fun city, with a diverse and inclusive cultural feel that still has strong traditional roots, there is no better place than Dublin.

Brennan

Awesome Experience

The Intern Group facilitated an awesome internship experience. Dublin was, of course, incredible and the internship itself was really interesting and provided me with a lot of useful skills and introduced me to a different working culture. The other people on the program were interesting and fun, and I made some good friends. But the part of the program that blew me away the most was how helpful, nice, and engaged the program coordinators were. I think what really sets this program apart from other ones is that the coordinators make you feel like they actually care about you. My group was about 40 people, with two more groups arriving while I was there, so without a doubt they certainly had their hands full. But if I had any questions (ranging from what to do if I burned my hand to where to buy Jello), I could just ask my coordinators and they would be back within minutes with an answer. They're also just legitimately fun people, exactly the kind you'd want to grab a pint and chat with.
Overall, it was an awesome experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Ajit

Review

It was great! Got a great musical tour of the city and met so many cool people! Huge shoutout to the Dublin team for being amazing and friendly!
Everyone pointed out the historical landmarks and talked about how Dublin evolved. The walking tour of the city especially was incredible. EPIC Ireland might be the greatest museum in the world. Temple Bar is practically daylight robbery. End of review.

Iris

A unique, transformative experience!

My three months doing policy research and analysis at an Irish nonprofit were an unparalleled experience! I had been worried about whether or not I'd be getting meaningful experience, since I was a high school graduate on a gap year. The Intern Group did an amazing job matching me with an organisation that made use of / improved the skills I'd learned from my previous internships. The Intern Group spent a tremendous amount of care on making sure that I benefitted from the experience as much as my employers did, which is something I appreciate more than I can say. Living in a house with other interns has more than prepared me for dorm life this fall, and the program staff were always on hand to help with any concerns I had. I will never forget the community that I had the privilege to be a part of during my time in Dublin. I never expected this level of personal or professional development, and I will always remember my three months in Dublin with TIG as three of the best months of my life!

I really cannot think of any ways that this program can be improved.
Caroline

Dublin Intern Group

After accepting my position in the Dublin programme I didn't think much of it until Christmas crept around the corner. My programme began in the first week of 2018 and ended in March. I had never been to the northern hemisphere nor had I ever imagined living in Dublin for 8 weeks. At first, the prospect of working as a legal intern was exciting and enticing, I'd have the chance to not only learn from professionals in my field of interest but I will also get a taste of what I will hopefully be doing for the rest of my life after completing my law degree. This excitement was, however, shortlived as my nerves soon got the better of me. I had never travelled farther than the Pacific sunshine and warm beaches were the norm for me so life on the other side of the world in a city and country I knew little about was going to be a new challenge and adventure. After my 30-hour journey from New Zealand, I was warmly welcomed into the city of Dublin. My first steps out of the airport were memorable. I was prepared for the winter and assumed it would be like winter back home. We've had really cold winters with some freezing mornings and nights as cold as -11°C but stepping outside the airport the cold air hit me unexpectedly and taught me a harsh lesson. A wooly jumper will not suffice. Granted it was summer in New Zealand and I had just left behind 30°C weather but this was a different kind of cold, it was icy and it cut right through my skin. My first impression, Ireland is bloody cold.
The people, on the other hand, are friendly and warm but this too brought another challenge, communication. Not only did I have trouble understanding the locals they were also struggling to understand me. Nevertheless, after shouting what they were trying to say and speaking more slowly they always tried their best to help you out. The struggle of attempting to understand the accent and the vernacular made simple tasks unnecessarily difficult but I soon got into the groove of how the locals speak.
To ease us into life as a Dubliner the programme staff ensured we were well prepared sending us an abundance of information well before our arrival and were always available to answer our numerous questions. On my day of arrival, a programme staff met me at my accommodation which I really appreciated. She really made me feel welcomed making me feel less home-sick and anxious. Our first group meeting was that same night at the Porterhouse pub in central Dublin. It wasn't too difficult to find even while jetlagged. The place was lively and was a great choice to break the ice with the other interns and the staff. I didn't stay long as my eyes were threatening to close every few minutes but the ambiance was pleasant and it seemed like a real Irish pub. We have pubs in New Zealand but from those that I've visited, they weren't as lively or popular with the younger patrons. The programme team always kept us informed of what was happening around town and constantly updated us on popular events through the group facebook page where they posted events and places of interest like where to get the best falafel in Dublin. They also had other methods of keeping in contact with us and always made sure we were comfortable and happy.
At beginning of the programme we had orientation where we learned about the working culture in Ireland such as how to interact with colleagues and workplace etiquette. I learned that the workplace culture wasn't universal and learned from other interns what work life was like for them from their part of the world. After orientation, we went on a city tour which I found extremely helpful. It mostly taught me to look for the Spire (the pointy statue in the middle of O'Connell street) when I got lost and that Dublin's city centre wasn't as big as I thought it would be. It was only a 15-minute walk from where I was living or for when I was feeling lazy a 5-minute bus ride. As an aside, I'd recommend having a street map with you or the name of a street you're looking for written down. I struggled many times trying to pronounce place names so having something to point at when asking for directions would ease your struggle.
The programme staff organised many events for us and provided a monthly and weekly schedule of events. I found this helpful as it allowed me to plan out my own trips. Our first major group event was a bus tour to the Cliffs of Moher. It was relaxing and had some nice scenic views. I had gone out drinking the night before to better acquaint myself with my new flatmates so the early rise of the trip wasn't ideal though seeing the countryside of Ireland and appreciating the natural scenery was refreshing and calming and it also reminded me of home. What captivated me the most was the colour of the grass. It may not seem impressive but it was so green and lush and I knew then why Ireland was known as the Emerald Isle.
The programme staff also kept us busy during the week with smaller events peppered throughout the week ranging from dinners, to pub crawls, to seminars. As one of the older interns I preferred relaxing at home after work but during the weekend I made the most of my free time to explore. There are many historic jewels in the city all within walking distance of each other. You'd be spending most of your day walking so a good pair of shoes is highly recommended. Travel out of the city is just as simple with their Dart and Intercity Rail lines. I took the train one weekend to a small sea town called Howth which was only a 15-minute journey. The programme staff organised a trip there one weekend as the town is known for its Saturday markets. It's a quaint little town and could be easily explored in an hour. The salty air is refreshing and there are plenty of spots for pretty pictures. Or if you'd like to get a feel for the UK vibe without breaking the bank a 2-hour train ride to Belfast is an inexpensive way of seeing a bit of British culture. Travel around the country wasn't too difficult either. I'd recommend bus tours as a good way of seeing other parts of Ireland it's an easy alternative to organising a rental. Working during the week doesn't leave much time for exploring so I always planned a trip for the weekend though I was fortunate enough to have most Fridays off. The programme staff planned events for the weekend but as a bit of a loner and the only intern in her thirties, I preferred a more quiet way of exploring and bus tours was an ideal option for me. I went on a bus tour to Blarney Castle and during the trip, we stopped at Cork and other small towns in between. I found tours were also a nice way of learning about the history of Ireland. Living in Dublin also means cheap fares to other parts of Europe or the UK. For a cheaper alternative to taxis there are a number of buses that travelled to and from the airport though where I was living was only 20 minutes away so the taxi fare wasn't too expensive.

If you're into the nightlife then Dublin has you covered. The Temple Bar district is the liveliest part of the city and is rampant with tourists though if you prefer a more quiet scene there are plenty of other pubs around and probably a better way of getting to know the locals.
My internship was my favourite part of the programme. I learned a lot from my supervising lawyer. Seeing firsthand the amount of time and work that goes into a case was eye-opening. I knew going in that lawyers work a ridiculous amount of hours but witnessing the dedication and drive these professionals have really emphasised why I chose to pursue this career. I was fortunate enough to visit the Four Courts and sit in on a couple of High Court and Supreme Court cases. Like New Zealand Ireland follows the Common Law system so it was interesting to see how things run there.
Overall, my time in Dublin was enjoyable and a once in a lifetime experience. I learned a lot from my internship which has helped me strive for my goals after university. I also made many friends across the globe. I became good friends with my flatmates and even spent a weekend in London with one of them. But I don't think I would have enjoyed myself as much if I didn't have the support of the Intern team. Being a long way away from family was difficult enough but being in different time zones as well meant regular contact was scarce so having people there I knew I could rely on really helped. Lastly, had I not taken the opportunity to complete my programme in Dublin I wouldn't have ever thought to visit such a wonderful place as Ireland. The main lesson I learned is that being pushed out of your comfort zone can do you some good and I definitely achieved that with my time in Dublin.

George

George’s Exprience

I rate would this as well done, Great service and definitely to other interns who are securing or undertaking an internship in their future no matter the field they study at University. This intern group will always definitely provide you with something that will change their life forever. The intern group staff are great and friendly people to be around. They are friendly caring and kind and we will always make you feel apart the intern group network, no matter what.

Schedule events at a later time
Jessica

Dublin was Amazing!

I Interned overseas in Dublin for 2 months and honestly had the best time a girl could imagine. The company I interned with was really accommodating trusting and I learnt a lot. The events that the Intern Group put on allowed me to see all the "must see" sights, pubs and events that you should see in Dublin. One of the best things about interning abroad is the people I have met; I have created long-term (global) friendships and networks. If you are financially able to support an internship abroad I could not recommend the Dublin Intern Group enough.

More financial accountability and included events and more research done on events.
Lena

Great Experience

This experience was great both professionally and personally. I learned so much about myself and how many things I can accomplish in work and outside work, things I thought I was never capable of doing because I was never this independent in my life. The best part of this journey was all the wonderful people I met, from coworkers to friends outside work. The working atmosphere in my company was amazing, so relaxed but yet very professional and productive. Everyone was super supportive and they guided and mentored me through this whole process. I think I learned a lot about the job itself which will definitely be very useful in my future career. The Intern Group Dublin was very supportive as well, from being there for me when I needed any kind of help to organizing social events which made everyone feel very included. All in all it was a great experience and would definitely recommend it to everyone!

Claudia

Review

This internship program helped me to learn a lot about my possible career path, while also allowing me to explore a different culture that I was always curious about. I was able to meet many different people that came from completely different backgrounds than me as well as people that had similar lives as mine. I think that overall this program really helped me grow as a student and expanded my knowledge of the working world.

My accommodation was not the best.
Milana

Unforgettable experience

I had an amazing experience overall with this program. I have been able to travel to London and Italy from Dublin, of course with my bosses consent. I have made lifetime friends. This has really been a highlight in my life. I’m happy I made the decision to go forward with it. It has become about way more then just professional development and has translated into personal development as well. I learned to cook and become completely independent, in addition to the other ways I have grown. My perspective on life has expanded as the world has become a bit smaller.

About The Intern Group

The Intern Group is one of the leading providers of international internships. Our programs are located in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia & Latin America. We place participants from all over the world in international internships that propel...