International Internships in Dublin with The Intern Group

London eye
Some of the ol' black stuff!
Some of the ol' black stuff!
Guinness
Guinness
River Liffey
River Liffey
Interns in Howth
Interns in Howth
Interns at the cliffs
Interns at the cliffs

Coined “the Silicon Valley of Europe”, Dublin is the proud home of the European headquarters of many global technology giants such as Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook and eBay, to name a few. We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable professional experience in one of the world's most dynamic cities.

Partnering with a range of companies, organizations and NGOs, our Dublin program will boost your professional development. We offer programs for people of all backgrounds and experience levels. Your program includes accommodation, airport pick up and drop off, regular social and cultural events, professional development tools and workshop, 24/7 emergency assistance, a one on one career coaching session for alumni and many other great benefits. Apply now to our award-winning program featured in CNN, TIME and Forbes.

Final Places Available for Summer Internships

There are only a couple of places remaining on The Intern Group's summer internship programs in the USA, Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia and Latin America. Apply now to secure a space!

Hi Rachel, great question! Due to the competitive nature of finding an internship placement abroad in your field and due to some visa restrictions, we can't guarantee that the internships will be paid. This is mainly decided upon by the host organization and the local laws. However, gaining experience abroad in your field will really set you apart in the job pool when applying for roles later. 88%...

Jeni

Best Decision I’ve Ever Made!

This program was worth every cent. My 6 weeks in Dublin was perfect in every way! The Intern Group coordinators Paul, Caragh, and Isis made sure everything ran smoothly. It was so nice having a built in group of friends with the other interns and to have activities planned every week. I was really happy with my placement at a solicitors office! It was right on the Liffey and next to the Four Courts! I couldn’t believe the opportunities I got from this experience! I was able to go to court and participate. I was also tasked with writing some portions of legal documents for the solicitors I interned for. It was such a good learning experience and I was able to establish great connections with my coworkers. This internship has only made me want to move to Ireland after graduation! It was that good of an experience!

What was your funniest moment?
I had so many funny moments! I remember laughing most every night with the other interns. We were always getting into funny situations!
Allison

Changed my outlook

I had the best time with my internship abroad in Dublin. I originally had planned on going elsewhere, with Dublin as my “back-up.” Everything happens for a reason, and I am so happy I ended up in Dublin. I met the most amazing people, made friends with people I never thought I would have, and had the work experience of a lifetime.
I have never lived away from home or traveled by myself, and I was so welcomed when I went to Ireland. There were people like me from all over the world coming to have the same experience as myself. There is something so magical in that! The community created and nurtured by The Intern Group was so safe and comforting.
My internship was nothing short of amazing. I learned so much about an industry I was interested in but didn’t know much about. I felt like everyone involved was really caring about how I did, what I was learning, and where I would take this opportunity beyond Dublin.

What was your funniest moment?
On one of our outings, we were meant to go to the cliffs of moher. We’d all woken up very early to make the bus. We go on, all fell asleep, and woke a few hours later to an Irishman singing tunes and talking about the blarney castle and the tour we were going on! We were all so confused but ended up having such “craic” on the impromptu trip to the blarney castle.
Emmy

The Importance of Networking

The Intern Group gave me the opportunity to work with a publishing house that got my foot in the door for the career path I want; but it also introduced me to people in my program across the world. I now have connections in Germany, America, Canada, New Zealand, and, of course, Ireland where I interned. I can utilize those connections for professional and travel purposes whether I'm trying to scope out a job in their area or crash on a couch because we're good friends. Getting the experience of working in a different country will give you the extra leg on the competition for a job because it shows your flexibility, courage, and, most of all, your ability to network. I'm so thankful that I got to work with The Intern Group and Columba Books.

Plan your weekends. You can sleep when you're home
Michael

Dublin Summer Internship, Michael Neeson

The internship was just what I needed, exactly when I needed it.
-Meaningful experience in the field I wanted
-A way to explore a city and country in more detail
-Networking through TIG
-Making great friends from all over the world

It has been a highlight of my year, and invaluable to me personally. The staff at TIG Dublin bring so much fun, personality and experience to the group. All the little things, like the detail of planning for the day trips, to keeping up with everyone day to day. They make an effort to get to know you, and share themselves in return.

The accomodation was excellent, and being in close proximity witg the other who are interning across the city make it easy to make connections.

I cannot recommend this highly enough.

Do as much as possible during your free time, with the interns you meet.
Evening trips out to a beach, day trips out to the mountains, weekend trips to the opposite coast or overseas. These are the memories you treasure most.
Dave

Dave Pouncey

The intern group is a wonderful company that I would recommend to anyone who is looking to complete an internship abroad. I did my internship in Dublin, Ireland and it was the experience of a lifetime. From the moment I got to Dublin I felt welcomed by The Intern Group. I worked at a very interesting company that taught me a lot about the industry I wanted to work in. The Intern Group also did a very good job of setting up trips and fun experiences around Dublin and Ireland. The cliffs of moher were one of the most beautiful things I have ever experienced in my entire life, and visit the Guinness Storehouse was also one of the coolest things I’ve done. Overall I would rate this program and my experience in Dublin as am A+ and the reason for that is because of The Intern Group and the team they have in Dublin.

I would recommend that you go in with an open mind and willingness to try new things
Charisse

Life-changing

Coined “the Silicon Valley of Europe”, Dublin is the proud home of the European headquarters of many global technology giants such as Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook and eBay, to name a few. This past summer, I had the opportunity to go to Dublin, Ireland and do a 6-week internship through The Intern Group. Getting work experience was beneficial for my future. I was able to do a lot of cool digital marketing and content creation. The event excursions we went to were really enjoyable. The Intern Group was wonderful in making sure all of the interns felt at home. I learned a lot and gained so much experience in a short amount of 6 weeks. The experience was rewarding both personally and professionally. I honestly had a great time and would recommend everyone to do an internship abroad.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would definitely choose the 8 weeks programme instead of 6 weeks!
Gabrielle

Internship in Dublin Summer 2019

My experience at Dublin was amazing and extremely valuable. I did a 6 weeks internship with an architecture firm where I got to learn meaningful skills set for the pursuing of my studies and my professional career. TIG was supportive throughout the entire interview process and also provided us with a pertinent workshop at our arrival to help us better navigate as interns in a new city.

The TIG team is amazing, extremely supportive and makes the experience a whole lot better, easy and amusing. Ireland is a charming country with an wonderful culture and extremely nice people!

I highly recommend doing an internship abroad with The Intern Group, it is the greatest experience you could get! Although it might seems scary and intimidating at first, jumping head first into the plan towards greener grace, fish and chips and Guinness will be your best decision ever!

Gabrielle

Brendan

Great Experience in Dublin

This program provides the opportunity for a perfect balance of building valuable career experience, being exposed to a new culture, and making friends. I was quickly placed into an internship in which I was able to work directly with my boss on a variety of tasks. I had a lot of flexibility, but still felt that I was doing meaningful work.

My housing accommodation easily exceeded my expectations and allowed me to become friends with other interns. I was then able to travel around the country with these friends on many amazing weekend trips.

The Intern Group was very involved with everyone during the course of the internship, hosting events and checking up on all the interns. The office in Dublin is always open to the group, and is a nice place to stop by after work.

I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Your time in Dublin will be over before you know it, so take advantage of every opportunity and every minute of free time you have.
Haleigh

Experience of a Lifetime

I absolutely loved my time in Dublin and would 100% do it again. The Intern Group made the entire process very smooth, from interviewing for the position to ending on a good note. The staff from the program were incredible and helped me adjust to life in Ireland. Living with other interns from different counties was an incredible experience. I made friends for a lifetime and now feel like I have people to visit around the world. I gained invaluable professional experience in my field and now have a clearer idea of the career path I want to take. The culture events the program provided helped immerse us in the culture and learn more about the country we were staying in for the summer. I especially loved going to the Cliffs of Moher and Galway for the weekend with everyone in the program.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Going overseas without knowing a single person is scary. I remember getting on the plane, not knowing anything that was about to happen. From the moment I arrived in Ireland, The Intern Group Staff helped me get settled in and oriented with the culture. I would not have made it without their help and support. They were very personal and even went to a Mumford and Sons concert with a few of the interns!
Nikolas

The Intern Group - Dublin

Had such an amazing time with the best group of people you could ask for. Dublin is great place to live for 6 weeks (wish I could stay for longer), and the people I worked with made the internship really enjoyable. I learnt so much about entrepreneurship and the buzzing start-up environment within Ireland - it is a great chance to gain hands on experience with a fast-growing company, and it looks great on a resume!
Loads of organised events that are always good fun, especially Cliffs of Moher, but there's plenty to do just with people that you meet along the way. I definitely recommend fitting a weekend to Dingle and another Galway in your itinerary. Trust me, they're the places to see. Finally, feel free to get in contact with the Intern Group coordinators, they're always happy to help and are a great bunch to be around.

Do something everyday after work or you'll regret it!
Wyatt

A Truly Maturing Experience

Going into the program I had just turned 19 and had no experience living on my own, let alone working in a foreign country. The Intern Group's program gave both support and a social network while also letting you be independent and giving you the tools to succeed. I can't stress enough how great the program was; the staff was amazing and they were always willing to help you out. The experience itself was truly enriching, I made life-long friends and developed both work and home skills while also growing as a person. I have come back more confident and mature while also knowing more about the career I want to pursue after I get my degree. I highly recommend this program especially if you are on the fence or nervous as I was, you will not regret it.

Take advantage of all the cultural events that are offered!
Aimée

Dublin Music Internship 2019

I always wanted to go abroad and get some sort of music experience and when I came across The Intern Group, I thought why not give it a go. After many Skype and Whatsapp calls and emails, I was set to go to Dublin in April. Dublin was not my first choice for location, however, after having completed my internship there, I have no regrets on this decision and hope to return someday. The idea of me going to Ireland never really sunk in until I set foot on the plane, even though I had spent months preparing beforehand and purchased my plane tickets, so after 28 hours of travelling, I was in shock that I had arrived! With a house tour and meeting new interns on the agenda for my first day, I was still in complete shock that I had arrived in little ol’ Dublin. I was fortunate enough to have several days to explore Dublin before my first day on the internship as it helped me have time to settle down and figure out how to get to my internship, where to do my groceries, plan places I wanted to go and explore the city.

For my internship I was fortunate enough to work at a local community radio station. It was a great place to learn everything about radio, and it also was a great platform to do my own projects. For me two months was enough time to gorge out how a radio station works, and figure out which areas of work I preferred or thought of doing next. There were plenty of other interns and volunteers there too, and everyone there was great to work with.

I arrived as a lone intern both in terms of my program and accomodation, however the TIG staff always had my back and there were interns already in Dublin so I was able to settle in quickly. This was also unique in that I was able to meet two different groups of interns that arrived at different times, so I was able to meet so many interesting people from across the globe in a short period of time.

TIG organised weekly events which were not compulsory but they were always a tonne of fun. Whether it was in Dublin or a day tour away from the city, it was a great way to explore the beautiful country, learn more about Irish culture and get to know the interns. There was some events that I missed later on during the program because there were some sites that I wanted to visit in Ireland, which was a bummer, so I would highly recommend planning on things to do in your short time there.

In terms of accomodation, I was only 30 minutes walking distance to the city centre which was great and was only minutes away from the local shopping centre. Most of my flat mates were there for one or two weeks and then disappeared because the rent was so high, so almost every week I would arrive in the kitchen and see someone new, so in terms of housing I think perhaps there could be a notification for a new housemate moving in. For example, I made friends with a housemate who I only talked with on the day she was moving out! Whilst this wasn’t a huge problem, I think it would have been nice to know who was living in the house at the time as it got a bit confusing.

Even though Dublin was not my preferred location, it is a wonderful city and I’m sad that I never thought of going there until the opportunity presented itself to me. The culture is amazing with the plethora of pubs and live music, the people are friendly and fun to be around with. Ireland has rich history too and I miss not having Irish people around in my everyday life.

It went by so fast at times it felt like a dream. I know I’ve rated it overall 10/10 but it’s more like a 12/10.

Whilst I thought the program was worth the money, it was quite expensive so I think having sholarships and financial aid would be beneficial for future intakes.

Clare

My intern group experience

My time in Dublin was the best experience I have ever had. I had done a gap semester when I was 18 similar to The Intern Group, but this trip was by far my favorite. While I was preparing to come over to Ireland, I mostly communicated with Caragh Keane, who was the sweetest and was always there to answer any of my questions. She responded so quickly and I knew she was only a phone call away if I needed to talk. When I arrived in Dublin I got a warm greeting from Isis, Caragh, and Paul. I immediately felt at home. They were great with organizing fun day trips and experiences for us and helping us bond with the other interns. My internship was also something I’ll never forget. I learned so much and made so many friends that I’ll have for life. It helped me step even more out of my comfort zone and I came home feeling so independent. I wish I could do this trip all over again, and maybe I will :) I highly recommend The Intern Group in Dublin to anyone out there looking for a home away from home and a great new adventure. I am even thinking of applying to jobs in Ireland. I had the best time in Dublin and I can’t thank Caragh, Isis, and Paul enough for my amazing trip! :)

What was your funniest moment?
My funniest moment was doing karaoke with my TIG family at Ukiyo. I had the best time singing, dancing, and laughing with some awesome people!
Rachel

Intern Group - International Dublin Internship

I had such an incredible experience during my 10-week internship with the Intern Group! Dublin is one of my new favourite cities, and it was amazing to be able to explore more of Europe so easily while I was there.
The weekly get together's with the other interns ensured I never felt alone while I was there, and I met so many amazing people through them! Our Community Manager was exceptional at ensuring everyone was included, felt comfortable, and always had fun.
The internship itself allowed me to feel challenged and valued, and the coworkers I met were all so intelligent and kind. Everyday I felt appreciated and included there, while learning so much from each of them!
Once in a lifetime experience for sure. Missing it like crazy already!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
To live in the moment more, and embrace every experience that came my way - without doubting anything.
Sam

The most rewarding experience of my life

Originally, I applied for a two month internship in Dublin without thinking much of it, I just wanted a reason to justify going abroad for a few months, and doing an internship seemed like the perfect way to do it. Little did I know I was about to partake in the most incredible, rewarding experience of a lifetime. From the moment I stepped foot in Dublin I was welcomed with warm, open arms, everyone I encountered was so lovely and helped me feel at home almost instantly. Over the next two months I engaged in what I believe was the perfect work-life balance, feeling rewarded with both the experience and opportunities I was gaining in my professional life, as well as the cultural and social experience that took place outside of the office. Despite only being in Dublin for a short period of time, I made friend and connections that I truly believe will last a lifetime, and got to witness so much of the beautiful cities, country towns and scenery that Ireland has to offer...I was constantly in awe. I am so thankful for my experience with The Intern Group and would highly recommend this program to anyone who is looking to gain both professional and cultural experience in a fun, laid-back environment, and can proudly say that thanks to this program I am already now growing in my career and building a strong path toward my future. If I could relive my time in Dublin all over again, I would do it in a heartbeat.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Perhaps it’s not that unfamiliar depending on where you come from, but we don’t eat Black Pudding in Australia...and I ate it in Ireland. For breakfast. That’s one thing I definitely don’t recommend. It’s pigs blood.

Location:
57 F / 37 F
Airports:
Dublin
( DUB )

Dublin is the capital of the Republic of Ireland and is the largest city in the country teeming with pubs, castles, museums and Irish step dancing.

Alumni Interviews

About The Intern Group

The Intern Group is one of the leading providers of international internships. Our programs are located in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia & Latin America. We place participants from all over the world in international internships that propel...