As the capital of Japan, Tokyo offers strong internship placements and students are never at a loss for things to do. While you’re there, you can enjoy fresh seafood, explore the art and history of the city, and go shopping in one of its many malls. The city is easy to navigate with its extensive metro which has signs in Japanese and English. The city is incredibly clean and safe, too.
An internship in Tokyo will give you experience in one of the world’s fastest-moving economies with placements available in a wide range of industries such as Business and Marketing, Education, and Information Technology and Computer Science. Being a global economic hub, supervisors' expectations of interns tend to be higher than in other ISA Internships locations, and knowing some Japanese could be helpful in a country where most people don't speak English.
- Receive personalized advising on career opportunities, resume and cover letter revision, interview coaching and receive academic credit.
- Begin your transition to daily life in your new country and culture on the Bridging Cultures Program, our in-country orientation. Highlights include exploring the sushi cars on the waterfront shops of Odaiba.
- Get matched with an international internship that suits your specific experiences, skills, and professional goals. Your internship placement will be confirmed BEFORE departure.
- Benefit from the ISA office, enjoy the company of your fellow ISA interns and ISA students and use the Wi-Fi Internet provided at the ISA office.
- Gain access to the Professional Development Toolbox, which includes resources to identify the skills and knowledge you have acquired through your international, academic, and personal experiences.
ISA Scholarships and Financial Aid
ISA is committed to increasing all students’ access to study abroad’s many benefits. We don't let financial hardships to get in the way of a life changing educational experience.