- Our two sites in Kenya (Mombasa and Kakamega) are home to some of the world's most mesmerizing natural wonders and people. Kenya has a wealth of biological and cultural diversity. Between Mombasa's white sandy beaches and Kakamega's proximity to Lake Vict
- Receive intensive training in skills essential to sustainable development, such as: community asset mapping, needs assessments, collaborative project design, grant writing, and project monitoring and evaluation. Your 9 week+ internship will begin with a w
- Develop and support educational and vocational programs that include training, resources and psychosocial support for orphans, vulnerable children, and marginalized women. These are all high-need groups in Kenya and we partner with some of the most innova
- Create informational material for ecotourists and provide marketing and business development consulting to further develop programs like an elephant sanctuary, which generates revenue for contributing farmers and protects plant species. A keystone of the
- Access the FSD Alumni Network upon your return home. You'll be forever connected with like-minded individuals who help one another reach their academic and professional goals through networking and regional events. Regular Alumni Newsletters and our vibra
FSD and its partner organizations in Kakamega, Kenya work to supply training, education, micro-finance, healthcare, and other resources for women and their families. One of the largest obstructions to development in Kenya is the suffocation of information systems. FSD works with community-based organizations to address the environmental, economic, and social issues that affect them the most.