Sustainability Internship in Nepal

During this program the participants work with projects at grass root level and experience how sustainability and the UN's Agenda 2030 is integrated in both community driven and issue focused projects.
Together with youth and the local community, students get a chance to participate in all aspects of the projects, from development to action, communication to reflection. This students will also get the opportunity to lead and managing a project of their own.

Based at our eco-adventure camp and training center in rural Nepal the participants also gain experience in working with a social enterprise, setting values before profit. Beyond gaining work experience in the field, this program also focus on personal development, team work, communication, problem solving skills and knowledge exchange.

• Make a difference in yours and others people´s life.
  • Gain knowladge and experience to use in your professional life.
  • Be part of a different culture and adventures.
  • Work with enviromental grass roots projects.
  • Opportunities to learn project management.

Saga

Experience of a lifetime

My experience from this programme is very positive. The work we did and the people I met truly gave me the experience of a lifetime. I use my learnings from the projects in my everyday work- and personal life to this very day.

This programme is, as with all the best sustainable projects/educations/operations, improving all the time by keeping up to date with what's happening in the world. The contemporary social and environmental analysis is always considered when developing this programme and its projects, making it truly sustainable in itself.

I would recommend anyone who is curious about sustainable development to participate in this programme. Personally I find it wonderful to be able to follow the projects years later and see how they continuously develop and how the work I did still provides a positive result to the bigger picture.

About SUMMIT Adventure Academy

We are an outdoor leadership academy, educating students in leadership, sustainability and cross cultural studies in the Himalayas for the last 10 years. The outdoors is our classroom and we use challenges based learning to develop students' skills,...