Virtual Global Health Experiential Education

As a United Nations-recognized, award-winning leader in global health education, CFHI offers a variety of virtual global health programs and opportunities for students and universities, with new offerings launching regularly. In collaboration with our global partners in 12 countries, we offer webinars, virtual internships, practica, online courses, and much more. All programs are grounded in Fair-Trade Learning Principles and rooted in ethical, sustainable best practices.

CFHI Virtual Global Health Internships are enriched with cross-cultural assessment and interaction tools, and with carefully planned cultural activities that allow participants to experience the rich diversity of CFHI’s global partner communities.
 The CFHI Virtual Global Health Practicum is a structured, supervised, and evaluated professional experience for Graduate and Professional level students to apply their relevant skills, knowledge, and values in a real-world setting.

Program Highlights
  • Virtual Internships & Courses
  • Virtual Practica
  • Explore global and public health issues and how health systems around the world deliver healthcare in a variety of diverse environments.
  • Learn about the cultural interplays in urban and rural areas and process of incorporating indigenous healing practices.
  • Participate in real-world projects and receive mentorship from CFHI's global partners.

Program Dates

Application Deadline
Program Dates

• Content 10
  • Engagement 10
  • Platform 10
Nayana

CFHI Global and Public Health Internship

The Child Family Health International (CFHI) Virtual Global and Public Health Internship was an enriching and valuable learning experience for me. The sessions were very well organised, and it enabled me to gain a better understanding of the public healthcare system in India and the local and national public health programs. The sessions on personal and professional development, as well as cultural sensitivity, were very insightful. Thank you CFHI for this amazing and excellent internship experience and I highly recommend the CFHI Internships to students interested in Global Health and Public Health.

Maryam

Virtual Internship - Ghana

As an adult graduate student with school-aged children, I was always looking for internship and practicum opportunities to participate. The internships that I came across were good but the timing was always an issue. I was looking for a specific internship that will give me the flexibility to work around my family's schedule.

So, when CFHI announced last May that it was opening the doors of virtual internship opportunities, I was all over the place! It was a dream come true for me. Even though it was a virtual one, as far as I am concerned, an internship is an internship. Of course, the face-to-face, in-person internship in a global setting has its perks and advantages. No doubt about that. Without the COVID-19 pandemic, I would have opted for an in-person internship abroad as well. However, due to the pandemic, the CFHI staff was strategic enough to think beyond the traditional internship format and bring forth an innovative virtual one that will suit many adult students like me, including much younger students. It is a matter of opportunity and such opportunities never last. So, if one appears, just grab it!

And that is exactly what I did. I grabbed the opportunity and participated in my first-ever (virtual) internship with CFHI.

It was an amazing, eye-opening experience. From our Ghana preceptor to my cohort colleagues, and all the lessons learned and videos shared with us about the healthcare systems, food, history, and cultural traditions in Ghana, everything in between was enriching, enlightening, and exciting.

I concluded my one-month CFHI'S global public health internship (Ghana) just last week and I am already thinking of when to enroll for another CFHI internship in another part of the world. This is how fulfilled I am with my CFHI experience!

Anjali

A great Internship

I did my first virtual internship with CFHI in August 2020. As a Master of Public Health student from India, it was a great learning opportunity for Public Health management in low resource settings of Uganda. Though it was completely online, Dr. Geoffrey literally walked me through the health burdens, health systems, pandemic management, and cultural aspects of Uganda. I developed a well informed critical thinking mindset to approach Global Health and Public Health from the grassroots/community level.
The entire CFHI team immensely helped to bridge the possible gap of cross-cultural differences. The quality of the internship teaching materials is so superior that I delved into multiple features of Public Health. Thankyou CFHI and the partner organization KIHEFO, Uganda, for that awesome Internship experience.

This is a great opportunity to learn in a cross-cultural arena and use it for developing a more integrated world view.
Rachel

CFHI Uganda

I interned with CFHI this summer, and although it was virtual, I learned a lot about global health, cultural competencies, and Ugandan culture. A great experience with Dr. G! It was great to learn more about other cultures and delve into that aspect. Dr. G was very peaceful and created a welcoming and happy environment which was great since the entire internship experience was done online. Child Family Health International is a great organization that cares a lot about teaching the interns! Great!