• Online

Unpaid
Year Round
Qualifications
  • Any major or minor
  • Enrollment is generally reserved for juniors, seniors and graduate students, or by consent of the faculty sponsor

Pricing

Regular Internship:
– Start dates: June 1, Sep 1, Dec 1, Mar 1

– Duration: 8-12 weeks

– Fees: US $985

Custom Internship:
– Start dates: flexible

– Duration: flexible (min 4 weeks)

– Fees: US $795 + US $75 for each additional week

Academic credits through School of Record
- Internship (4 weeks), 4 Credits: $500
What's Included
Some Activities
Jan 19, 2022
Dec 17, 2021
5 travelers are looking at this program

Are you seeking an online global experience in your field of study that enables you to develop professional skills and get more familiar with working habits in Asia or Africa? This course enables you to develop and apply their theoretical and practical knowledge in a supervised remote community field experience with the help of digital tools. Qualified students will work with a local host organization in one of GEI’s social impact fields, including Mental Health, Maternal & Newborn Health, Education, and Economic Empowerment. You are matched to a project according to their level of study, existing skills and desired fields. A specific work plan is developed in advance of each placement.

In addition, you benefit from a pre-placement orientation, a weekly classroom with interdisciplinary training, and a weekly formal supervisory meeting.

Remote internship placements are available in: SOUTH AFRICA, RWANDA, KENYA and VIETNAM.

This program is currently not being promoted on Go Overseas by its provider. Check with Global Engagement Institute for the most up-to-date information regarding the status of this program.

Program Highlights

• Identify professional and personal values, strengths and interests
  • Navigate technology essential for remote working
  • Develop an increased level of self-efficacy and competency in a specific career field

• 9-10 rating 91.18%
  • 7-8 rating 8.82%
  • Content 9.6
  • Engagement 9.6
  • Platform 9.6
Nguyen

This is a great experience!

This is a good program for students who want to experience working with foreign students. This program is helpful for students to understand clearly about teamworking, presenting skills. It also help students improve knowlegde about a specific topic. It is a wonderful chance to make friend with foreigner and practice english. My partner is so cute and she supported me too much during working. I had a wonderful time to experience this project because I can update my knowledge about breastfeeding and understand how to make a paper.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I will focus more about breastfeeding practices in Vietnam during Covid-19 pandemic. Because there are currently a few studies on breastfeeding related to Covid-19 in Vietnam and I don't have enough information about it to discuss.
Thao

GEI Virtual Internship experience

I had a wonderful 4-week time working with GEI and my partner. During the working process, I always receive supports and do not have any time constraints because of the flexible time management of the coordinator. Besides, the program is also very meaningful with many activities that contribute to the community. It is also an opportunity to exchange with people from many other countries, as a way to internationalize social issues. Especially after this program, I am happy to have a great partner, great teamwork experience with her. I am so grateful to join in this activity.

Long

The new horizon

This progamme help me a lot to step out the comfort zone. I really appreciate the meeting with friend i work with from others uni. Great time for learning and experiencing the new thing ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

KeiAndra

Great Virtual Experience

This was a wonderful online program. Despite often having meetings with people from up to four countries on the call, we never had to be on zoom at a time that isn’t in the normal work day hours. I was assigned a local intern as my partner which made the experience so much more like an actual study/intern abroad experience because I was able to learn more about the culture and language directly from him. I would highly recommend this program for anyone looking for a suitable substitution for going abroad, or anyone searching for a way to get professional experience in a unique and engaging way.

I wish there were more opportunities to engage with other interns that were not my direct partner.
Sam

GEI Virtual Internship

I had a great time throughout this internship period. The experience is topnotch, I enjoyed working collaboratively with my colleague and learned a lot from her perspectives and viewpoints. Also, I learned a lot from the entire research process, the process is even more practical than I expected since it was virtual. The guidance and support from the preceptors are tremendous and commendable. The skills and knowledge acquired from this internship will help me grow as a global public health leader.

What was your funniest moment?
The Global Cafe moment was fun to me! It was engaging and interactive.
Đao

I have never forgotten the time 4 weeks when I contacted with GEI, Dr. Bao and especially my lovely partner in America - Breanna. I'm just a freshmen in CTUMP and I just start to study many new things in a new environment. The first time when I knew I passed the CV to become a member in Virtual Internship. I felt so happy but I was still a bit worried about whether I could actually complete the program or not. Thanks for everyone supporting me, I was able to do my 4 weeks well. The Virtual Internship has brought me a lot of experience and is an unforgettable turning point in my student life.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Time to run the program is on the same time as I am about to take the IELTS exam. So sometimes I feel quite pressured because I don't know if I can balance the two or not. But it was those pressures that helped me overcome my limits and be able to deal with both deadlines. While doing the program also helped me learn one thing: "Pressure is diamond" and I can do it
Mutoni

My Internship experience

This has been one of the most engaging and practical internship experiences I have ever had.I totally enjoyed every moment and liked how accessible supervisors have been to support during this journey.One of the key things I have enjoyed has been the fact that I have had to work with someone from a different environment.And this has been worth it as I learnt a lot from working and concepts on a topic that might be helpful as well for my ongoing school project.I end by appreciating those who gave me an opportunity to be a part of this experience.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I would have enjoyed having more time to give my best as I believe time was not enough for carrying out some of the key components of the research study.
Breanna

GEI Vietnam

This was a great way to be engaged in global health, virtually! I was unable to do an international rotation in my last year of medical school as I had planned due to the COVID-19 pandemic; however, I learned more than I thought I would about Vietnam in a virtual setting and appreciated the hard work of everyone involved to make this experience as meaningful as possible. It was a once in a lifetime learning experience to collaborate with a student at another university in another country. Would highly recommend!