View Other Details
- Any major or minor
- Enrollment is generally reserved for juniors, seniors and graduate students, or by consent of the faculty sponsor
– Start dates: June 1, Sep 1, Dec 1, Mar 1
– Duration: 8-12 weeks
– Fees: US $985
– Start dates: flexible
– Duration: flexible (min 4 weeks)
– Fees: US $795 + US $75 for each additional week
Academic credits through School of Record
- Internship (4 weeks), 4 Credits: $500
Are you seeking an online global experience in your field of study that enables you to develop professional skills and get more familiar with working habits in Asia or Africa? This course enables you to develop and apply their theoretical and practical knowledge in a supervised remote community field experience with the help of digital tools. Qualified students will work with a local host organization in one of GEI’s social impact fields, including Mental Health, Maternal & Newborn Health, Education, and Economic Empowerment. You are matched to a project according to their level of study, existing skills and desired fields. A specific work plan is developed in advance of each placement.
In addition, you benefit from a pre-placement orientation, a weekly classroom with interdisciplinary training, and a weekly formal supervisory meeting.
Remote internship placements are available in: SOUTH AFRICA, RWANDA, KENYA and VIETNAM.
- Identify professional and personal values, strengths and interests
- Navigate technology essential for remote working
- Develop an increased level of self-efficacy and competency in a specific career field