View Other Details
- No Qualification is required.
- Interns are not obligated to know Arabic in order to participate in the program.
This includes a guide who speaks fluent English, theoretical classes, field visits, accommodation, local visits, 6 hours of Arabic or Hebrew classes, daily Palestinian breakfast, certificate of participation and a recommendation letter.
The Refugees in Palestine Program offers interns the unique opportunity to become acquainted with the situation of refugees living in Palestine and gain a deeper understanding of their lives inside the West Bank camps. You'll have a chance to visit the refuggee camps and meet the families living there.
The purpose of this program is to teach our interns about the challenges the camp residents face on a daily basis, such as the reduced infrastructure, educational and health services that were once provided by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA). Another difficulty participants will get to study in the camps is the burgeoning population (camps don't allow further geographical expansion).
- This program focuses on three aspects Theoretical, Practical, Linguistic and Social.
- Your guide will speak fluent English.
- You will meet camp residents and families, as well as officials from governmental and non-governmental institutions who work there.
- Participants will take two field trips to the two camps in Hebron.
- All participants will receive three hours of Palestinian spoken Arabic language lessons per week.