An internship with Fundación Paraguaya offers an unique opportunity to gain professional experience in the field of microfinance and spend time living and working in Paraguay!
Our Microfinance Program serves small and emerging micro-entrepreneurs who are largely ignored by other microfinance institutions. We focus in small loans, but offer more than just credit. Thanks to our particular business model, we also provide a wide range of educational, business and community development services to our clients, their families and communities. Of our more than 57,000 clients, from rural and urban areas, 86 % are women.
Our work in the world of microfinance through microcredit and training demonstrates how fostering entrepreneurship in people with limited resources and who are financially excluded can strengthen precarious jobs, promote the creation of jobs, and increase gender equity and augment family income.
- Practical work experience in development projects; experience working with an internationally recognized NGO in Paraguay.
- Live, see and experience actual field projects (e.g. live at the Organic Agricultural School, interview the microfinance loan recipients, and much more).
- Learning by Doing: take part in the innovative poverty elimination approach through inclusive microfinance and education that pays for itself.
- Opportunities to establish professional contacts and develop professional skills.
- Pricess experience living abroad, get to know Paraguayan culture, improve Spanish skills, learn Guarani (Paraguays indigenous language).