Are you looking for a place where you can volunteer, intern or conduct your own research? You will find this program the perfect opportunity to pursue your interests. Travel to Peru and contribute to conservation efforts in the Peruvian Amazon in Madre de Dios. The placement will be at a biological station in the middle of the forest, and you will work closely with professionals and local people.
The conservation concession area spans across approximately 200 hectares of land designated for conservation by the Peruvian government. It is situated in the buffer zone of the Tambopata National Reserve, accessible from Puerto Maldonado through a one-hour boat ride. The area boasts of abundant wildlife, which will be the subject of your research or focus of your volunteer/ internship placement.
The program offers you an opportunity to get directly involved in rainforest conservation efforts. Your work will help us gain valuable knowledge and preserve one of the most diverse ecosystem.
- Contribute to efforts in raising awareness of and preserving one of the most diverse ecosystems on the planet.
- Learn about the forest while watching and listening to surrounding wildlife in the day and night.
- Conduct an independent study or hands-on work in the reserve.
- Bask in the relaxing atmosphere while lounging on a hammock in the station.
- Visit the city of Puerto Maldonado during weekends and immerse in the local lifestyle.