View Other Details
- Experience in conservation/ecology/biology/ agroforestry or other related studies or fields
- Capable of undertaking fieldwork and living in a challenging environment
- Capable of working well both as part of a team, and independently
- Responsible, reliable, and will follow strict research and safety protocols at all times
1 week: $750
2 weeks: $1260
3 weeks: $1680
1 month: $1960
2 months: $3360
3 months: $4200
4 months: $4800
5 months: $5200
6 months: $5520
No visa is necessary to enter Peru for more than 6 months at a time, currently. Upon entering you will automatically be given a tourist visa.
Wifi can be purchased hourly or weekly, but is free between the hours of 2am and 8am per our satellite company. Airport transfer is included from the airport to our center. The return to the airport is only included when traveling directly there from our center.
At Hoja Nueva you will gain invaluable field experience that will challenge & prepare you for a future in environmental and species protection.
We are a remote research center & wildlife sanctuary located three hours outside the closest city of Puerto Maldonado. We confront deforestation and defaunation in the Peruvian Amazon by strategically acquiring rainforest & creating corridors; building capacity within remote & indigenous communities through one health & alternative income opportunities; implementing rigorous scientific research; & reintroducing threatened species to the wild after rescue.
Current internships involve animal rescue & husbandry, wildlife research, conservation programs, & sustainable community development projects. Our ongoing wildlife research focuses primarily on mammals & herpetofauna. Many interns prefer our rotating internship to gain a breadth of experience and knowledge in all of these different fields.
- Live and work in a beautiful research center in the remote rainforest of Las Piedras: the last frontier of the Peruvian Amazon
- Contribute to efforts in raising awareness of and preserving one of the most diverse ecosystems on the planet
- Participate in interdisciplinary, innovative projects that break boundaries between local NGOs, communities, and governments
- Gain invaluable field experience that will challenge and prepare you for a future in environmental protection
- Provide care and enrichment for rescued wild animals so they can one day be reintroduced to their rightful home: the jungle