View Other Details
- Experience in conservation/ecology/biology/ agroforestry or other related studies or fields
- Capable of undertaking fieldwork and living in a challenging environment
- Capable of working well both as part of a team, and independently
- Responsible, reliable, and will follow strict research and safety protocols at all times
1 week: $630 per week
2-3 weeks: $560 per week
4-6 weeks: $490 per week
7-12 weeks: $385 per week
Over 12 weeks: $350 per week
Over 6 months: $315 per week
We have wifi at our research center that can be purchased hourly or weekly during the day, and is free between the hours of 2am and 8am.
At Hoja Nueva you will gain invaluable field experience that will challenge & prepare you for a future in environmental and species protection.
We are a remote research center & wildlife sanctuary located three hours outside the closest city of Puerto Maldonado. We confront deforestation in the Peruvian Amazon by strategically acquiring rainforest & creating corridors; building capacity within remote & indigenous communities through one health & alternative income opportunities; implementing rigorous scientific research; supporting transition-sustainable farming; & reintroducing threatened species to the wild after rescue.
Current internships involve animal rescue & husbandry, wildlife research, conservation programs, & sustainable community development projects. Our ongoing wildlife research focuses primarily on mammals & herpetofauna. Many interns prefer our rotating internship to gain a breadth of experience and knowledge in all of these different fields.
- Live and work in a beautiful eco-lodge in the remote rainforest of Las Piedras: the last frontier of the Peruvian Amazon
- Contribute to efforts in raising awareness of and preserving one of the most diverse ecosystems on the planet
- Participate in interdisciplinary, innovative projects that break boundaries between local NGOs, communities, and governments
- Gain invaluable field experience that will challenge and prepare you for a future in environmental protection
- Provide care and enrichment for rescued wild animals so they can one day be reintroduced to their rightful home: the jungle