Intern Abroad with a Startup in China!

You deserve a college abroad experience - IF, you’re ready to work for it.

The Sage Corps program is designed to help you jump start a successful career with international work experience that will give you invaluable skills and confidence and make your resume pop. Our alums go on to work for places like Amazon, Google, Deloitte, and Nike. What’s more, for those interested, we’re able to offer our fellows the opportunity to earn academic credit* while completing their global internship.
We accept all majors and provide roles for students from a variety of different backgrounds, including marketing, data analytics, software development, and sales and business development. If you are independent, self-confident, and eager, we would love to meet you! Scholarships and financial resources are available.

*Student’s home universities must pre-approve transferable credit

• Complete an internship with an exciting, early-stage startup where you’ll get to work on meaningful projects alongside entrepreneurs
  • Live with and experience working abroad with a cohort of other students
  • Become a lifetime member of our Sage Network and get career help, skills bolstering, and networking opportunities with companies around the world
  • Earn 3-6 hours of transferable academic credit*
  • Live and work for 8 weeks in one of two beautiful Chinese cities - Beijing or Shanghai!

Jack

Sage Corps Summer Internship in Singapore

The decision to intern abroad through Sage Corps was one of the best decisions I made in college. The experience I had was incredibly valuable, and certainly a big factor in leading me to the job I have today. My Sage Corps summer fellowship took place in Singapore. Part of the reason I chose Sage Corps was because they offered a program in Singapore. This city is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and entrepreneurship. There’s an incredible amount of opportunity and energy there that I wanted to experience it firsthand.

Professionally, the internship I had was unbeatable. I worked for a startup called billionBricks. billionBricks is a non-profit design studio that creates sustainable housing solutions to solve homelessness around the world but mainly focusing on India and Southeast Asia. My roles included marketing, business development, and strategy. Specifically, I helped implement a marketing campaign at the beginning of the internship and then focused on developing corporate partnerships during the rest of my time. I was even able to work with companies like IBM. I learned an incredible amount about social entrepreneurship while at the same time building valuable soft and hard skills.

The Sage Corps programming also added to my experience. Our cohort got to know each other really well and some of us traveled to other Southeast Asian destinations like Malaysia, Cambodia, and Thailand - certainly unforgettable weekends. In addition, our city manager coordinated professional events that really stood out. Some of the more memorable events were our meetings with local Venture Capitalists as well as our meeting with Singaporean Government Officials. These events offered unrivaled insight into the current state of Singapore and really opened my eyes to how successful the city is at fostering innovation. Singapore is definitely one of the top tech hubs in the world and it was an exciting time to be there.

Bill

My experience in Singapore

I've learned so much from my internship about tech startups and venture capital. I did many projects in data analysis at the startup i was matched to and I had a great working with my teammates. I also had a great number of friends who are also Sage Corp fellows. I now better understand what I wish to do and I hope Sage Corps can continue to help me in the future

Better staff support? more organized activities?
Boris

Software Development Intern at a Startup

Over the two months I worked at a tech startup on software development and maintenance. I did not know much going into the internship but was able to build a fully functional website (mainly back-end) for my startup in the end. I also wrote test cases for a web app. Besides, I learned a great deal about entrepreneurship and startups in Asia in general. Singapore has amazing food, tourist attractions and night life. It is also easy to travel abroad to see the completely different cities in Southeast Asia.

I wish I had gone to more networking events.
Peter Wang

Great experience at a Singapore social enterprise

The work was very rewarding and fun, I made a lot of very close friends in the Sage Corps cohort in Singapore. And the city of Singapore was the best of all - it was clean, safe, efficient, diverse and had so much to offer. And the Sage Corps staff was very helpful as well.

About Sage Corps

We know your type— the independent thinker, self-starter, and creative problem solver who isn’t afraid to go out of your comfort zone. You wouldn’t be on this website trying to find a global experience— and voluntarily go to a foreign country to work...