Internships in Seville, Spain - Adelante Abroad

Internships in Seville, Spain - Adelante Abroad

Save $150 During International Education Week
In honor of IEW, all new applicants who apply by November 17th get $150 off toward their 2018 Spring internship (February – May)!

Spend 2-6 months in Chile, Ecuador, Mexico, Spain, or Uruguay. Customized placements, housing, and Spanish language courses included in program costs.

Adelante Abroad offers affordable international internship programs for you to self-explore and gain real insight into your future career through equal parts work experience, language acquisition, and cultural immersion.

Your internship program includes Spanish language classes, housing in a shared apartment or home-stay, a guaranteed internship in your chosen sector, and an immersive intercultural experience. This program is perfect for gap year students, undergraduates, as well as post-graduate students who want to add valuable international work experience to their resume!

Interns in Seville will also enjoy culture through events and excursions included in the program such as a flamenco show, a monument visit, a tapas tour, or even a Spanish cooking class.

For a full list of internship placements in Seville, click on "Visit Site" or if you're ready to fill out an application, click on "Get Started" above. Adelante's support team is excited to hear from you!
  • Flexibility: Our programs start the 1st Monday of every month with year round start dates. Choose to intern anywhere from 1-6 months.
  • Centralized Housing: You'll have your own private room in a shared apartment close to shopping, public transportation, and nightlife.
  • Tailored Internship: Contracted, customized internship abroad within your sector using only screened companies.
  • Curated Experience: Our programs are meant for the independent traveler and are not group focused. Our on-site staff in Seville and the US are available throughout your program, and you can truly immerse yourself in the culture however you wish.
  • Economical Pricing: We are budget friendly! With some research you will find that our prices can't be beat!
Europe » Spain » Seville
Phone / Skype Interview
Weekly Hours
Weeks Min.
Application Fee
This Adelante program includes a volunteer or internship placement in your sector of interest, airport pick up, housing, 2 weeks of intensive Spanish classes, and 24/7 access to your local Program Director.

Adaeze

6 Month Internship in Sevilla

I've just returned to Trinidad and Tobago after my 6 month internship in Sevilla. I wish I could hop on a plane in the morning and head right back! That's how amazing my experience was. I'll begin with my Adelante team who facilitated my internship. They were awesome, checking up frequently to make sure everything was as it should be, I’d say on a month to month basis. On arrival, I met my Program Coordinator at SIGE. From the first day we met at her office to the very morning I left, I can say my stay would not have been the same without her warm and loving nature. I never felt like a fish out of water once, as she offered much support over the 6 months during every twist and turn. My first placement lasted all of two weeks; however, my program coordinator soon found a suitable match, surprisingly a charming little museum we both visited by chance on the first day we met. In the first two weeks SIGE arranged tours of Sevilla and a two week intense Spanish Course before I began my internship, unfortunately, I did not pick up much more of the language as my second Internship was in English, and I had only been studying Spanish for 2/3 months prior to leaving Trinidad. I did however get by just fine with the basics. The people of Sevilla are extremely spirited and generous, and their strong vibrant culture is like none other. I was able to look on at the Semana Santa street processions during the Easter and take part in the Feria de Abril de Sevilla, its biggest festival, such good times and amazing memories. I can’t speak about Sevilla without mentioning two things 1) how simply beautiful it is, from its cobble stone narrow streets, to its brilliant monuments, palaces and cathedrals, to the large river separating Sevilla and Triana, just stunning! 2) How extremely hot the summer months are. If you don’t like the heat, perhaps choose to go to Sevilla in the cooler months. July/August months are tough! Somehow by a miracle I was able to make it through the heat. My second Art internship in Museum and Cultural Management was a perfect match. The president of the Museum/Foundation and her husband were the best hosts and I learnt quite a lot during my time. I used my weekends and days off to travel, which enhanced my experience even more. My apartment was a 5 to 10 minute walk from everything including the bus, metro, restaurants/bars, the grocery, the mall and even a night club (if you are into that sort of thing) and I never once felt unsafe. All in all I will highly recommend your first or next Internship to be done in Sevilla. All the best guys!

The biggest challenge for me was the heat in my apartment during the summer months. My room was not air conditioned, so the July and August months were difficult without AC. Perhaps Adelante can ensure AC'd rooms for students and interns in the future.

Ariana

2 Month Internship in Sevilla

My time in Sevilla was incredible, I know Adelante has the option for Barcelona, Madrid, and Sevilla, but Sevilla is by far the best. I visited Madrid and in 2 seconds was so grateful I picked Sevilla. My friend went to Barcelona and she said, though it was beautiful, the people were not as nice. Andalucia overall has a stronger since of culture and the locals are so friendly and proud the be from there. My internship was really great in the since that I had a lot of important work to do and I was able to network with a lot of successful people. The only negative was that I had to work in English because I was at an online newspaper and there couldn't be any mistakes. The language courses made a huge difference in my experience and were the best part of it all. After the classes I kept improving my Spanish, but it is all up to you. You have to be willing to stick you neck out and just talk to people. The Adelante staff were really helpful and checked in on me all the time, the only person that was a problem was my landlord. He was unresponsive or would say he would do something but never follow through. I still have things that need to get fixed since my first day and I am leaving day after tomorrow... At least when I complained to my Adelante contact about not having an iron she was able to get him to give me one after he said that he wouldn't. Overall though my trip was incredible and I would do it again in a heart beat. The social scene is really fun, it is a lot of outdoor seating areas in plazas. There are places to go dancing too, but it is a really relaxed vibe. I loved going out I always felt safe and the people were friendly. I definitely recommend coming here. Just a heads up it is insanely hot, but usually it is dry so its not unbearable.

Apartments with A/C
Making sure there is at least partial Spanish involvement with work.
Help educate participants about international meetup groups outside the program.

Response from Adelante Abroad

Ariana! Thanks for the glowing review and it seems you fell in love with Andalucia (the region of Spain where Sevilla is located.) We here at Adelante HQ love and visit regularly all of our program cities, but Sevilla definitely holds a special place always.
Thank you too for the heads up about the landlord at your housing, and his reluctance to repair things. We have spoken to him and have implemented a check list that we will go over with him just prior to each new candidates arrival. If something on the checklist is incomplete, he will rectify prior to us allowing our candidate to enter the housing. While we can't do much about the A/C we can certainly do this!
We hope you return to Sevilla, your second home now, many times in your life (one of our past candidates in the Sevilla program from 2010 returned and married a girl from Sevilla and now lives there permanently! It really is that kind of place) Team Adelante

Gabrielle
Montreal

Amazing

I interned in Sevilla for 3 months in a school working with kids suffering from severe mental disabilities. It was an amazing experience, I learned so much. Sevilla is a great city with so much history and beauty. I also had the opportunity to travel around Europe because I had 3 days off a week, it was perfect! My living situation was great - living with an awesome Spanish woman. I got to practice my Spanish with her every day and it really helped. The Adelante and Sige team was incredible, especially Catherine who helped me whenever I needed something. Overall this was an invaluable experience and i would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

More intercambio opportunities, and organized trips

Christin
College Station, Texas
Texas A&M University

My time

I had an incredible internship placement. I truly enjoyed working and teaching children of all ages English. It was difficult at first because I had kids from ages 3-13 in one class however I learned how to adapt quickly. They say the best way to learn in experience and that is what I got. However my living situation sucked. My landlord did not follow any rules and did as she pleased.

Your landlords need background checks

Response from Adelante Abroad

Christin, we communicated with you throughout the program, and know from your Supervisor, that you were a superstar in your internship - a perfect match! Your housing was such a good apartment , too. The owner told us she would not place another roommate in your apartment when your existing roommates program ended, and she did. While she did ask you if that was ok, she only gave a day or two notice, and we understand that this was difficult. We have reprimanded her and she has confirmed this won't happen in future. Thank you again for taking the time to review your time with us in Seville!

Lindsey
San Francisco!
Northeastern University

Internship at a public library

I LOVED my time in Sevilla. Adelante was on top of everything and always good at getting back to me quickly when I had questions.
I wish I had a little more guidance when I was first in the country, I didn't feel as much support when I got there as I would've liked. But my home-stay was fantastic and they turned out to a great resource. The people I worked with at the library were so loving and kind and definitely took care of me! Once I got used to the city, I feel in love with Sevilla. I always felt safe and the people there are amazing. The richness and the vibrancy of the country is like no other. Adelante has great connections with companies and organizations for internships as well!
If having other Adelante students there is important to you, I would definitely suggest speaking with Adelante and checking to see if any other students are studying/interning while you are there.
I would absolutely suggest Adelante to other people (everyone who works there is so nice!) and I would highly recommend Sevilla!!

Adelante is a fantastic company and everyone I worked with there was very helpful and kind. I would suggest giving students a little more guidance from when they first get to the country. There were no other Adelante students there with me, so I felt a little "on my own" and this was my first time abroad. It would've been helpful to feel a little more guidance and support during those first couple transition weeks, while I was getting used to everything new around me.

Angelina
Seattle, Washington

My First 3 Months Alone, Abroad

Either in the offices of the language programs, in the hallway of my internship at the school, on the streets alone or with another person of the program, I felt a support like no other. Every staff person I was introduced to, I felt like they were there to be there for the student and for the program. The directors were inspiring, very helpful, gave great advice, were very fun to talk to and take a walk with, even to work in the same room as. In my home stay I had my own room, the family was considerate when it came to my diet and personal space, were patient with my practice of the language, mistakes and all. The communication with the staff and internship was great, everyone was very helpful, willing, kind and clear, honest with me and that was really nice and motivating to say the least. I had plenty of time outside of the program to get lost in Seville, to get things done on my own and to relax, have fun, etc. I was invited to things left and right by the program, and people through the program, and I enjoyed the options to travel once every few weeks. It was nice to meet other incoming students, too, to show them around and be welcomed to do so by the director and staff. The language schools that are connected with the program are very nice, too. I love options and they had many and I was aware of all that I could do because of the amicable and thoughtful people that worked in the program. The number of hours in the internship were not too much and the school was very flexible and everyone there invited me to the events and out to tea and coffee, too. I felt very welcomed and was always told that it was my decision, which was nice.

I would have liked to have the options be more obvious to me, to be able to sit down with a director or coordinator and have a meeting 1-month in about how everything is going and if I wanted to change my home stay, to talk about future events, to be given awareness to certain performances that would suit my preferences and to talk about more classes and how I could make the most of my time there. It would have been very helpful to me if there were check-ins that helped me stay on the right path, where I could be given the chance to get to know the directors, teachers and staff even more. The more options, the more preferences available, gives everyone a chance to follow the direction that they made for themselves...through inclinations, creative challenges, more outings or weekend plans, anything to keep rolling if someone felt lost or "out of it." Any way to help them find their perfect abroad trip for them would be a confidence boost, I'm sure! I know that what conversations about this I had, really boosted me in the right direction. So: taste testing, walks, tea and coffee, breakfast, more volunteer work, helpful activities to see where I am and what I want, movie nights, mixes to meet younger or older Spanish people and friends, etc. Halfway through my internship, it became harder for me to be in the home stay as their lifestyle did not fit my need for a healthy one, and what with all of the work I was doing I was not reminded until two weeks before I was to return home that I could change home stays. The time with them took energy away from me. I would have much rather tried another place. Reminders are very helpful. Thank you!

Julius
Boston, Massachussets
Northeastern University

6 Month Sevilla Internship

Adelante set me up with two companies. One was a study abroad program, and the other was a company that organizes trips and events for international students studying in Sevilla. I was in the Marketing sector of both companies, and both gave me a lot of responsibilities and I was an intricate part of the companies. I was given opportunities to learn hands on, and get the first hand experience of working in Marketing. I was taken care of from departing my home city to Sevilla, and even through out my 6 months there. I was able to meet many great people and will never forget my experience. If I could do it ten times over, I would!

Aubree21
Austin, Texas

Internship in Sevilla

I was an intern at Fundacion Triangulo, a non-profit organization that advocates for LGBT rights in Spain, for three months and had a pretty good experience with both the people there and at Adelante. It is a very independent program which is both good and bad, meaning once Adelante arranges an internship or study abroad for you they do not take great troubles to keep up, although they are certainly there in case problems emerge or you have questions. Nobody holds your hand though Mary Alice was my Adelante representative in Sevilla and she was an incredible resource, welcoming and knowledgeable. She has lived in Spain for a very long time and knows the ins and outs of spanish life and culture, and helped me get acclimated to a very different lifestyle. I was not expecting life to be all too different from my life at home and was in for a big surprise. Spanish culture is beautiful and at times strange to an outsider, but that is the fun of it I suppose! Sevilla is an extraordinary, graceful city with so many layers of history and so much to explore. I was lucky enough to be placed in a homestay with a girl who I grew to become good friends with! I would go again to Sevilla in a heartbeat, especially to see my friends at Fundacion Triangulo. I'm not sure how much the internship itself taught me versus experiencing life in Spain, but I certainly learned a lot and to me that is the most important aspect of any experience.

Eric
Denver, CO
Boise State University

Great Experience in Seville

Studying abroad in Seville was one of the best things I have ever done. Adelante Abroad got me an internship with Real Betis, a professional soccer organization, as well as enrolled me in a great school for Spanish, and not to mention gave me the opportunity to meet the family of the woman who is now my wife. They provide you with all sorts of activities to help you meet new people and get accustomed to your new surroundings. Any issue I had was quickly resolved, and they always did their best to make sure I was satisfied. If anyone is looking to study abroad, Adelante Abroad should be at the top of your list. If you take advantage of that they have to offer, I guarantee that you will walk away having a great understanding of a new language with contacts from all over the world.

Internship, Volunteer, Semester & Summer Study Abroad Programs define Adelante Abroad's menu of offerings and expertise. Choose to intern overseas in Spain, Ecuador, Uruguay, Chile, Mexico, or Scotland. With year round start dates, Adelante is sure to provide a travel program that's right for you!