Cultural Vistas Summer Internship Program in Spain

Cultural Vistas Summer Internship Program in Spain

The Cultural Vistas Summer Internship Program in Spain provides U.S. and Canadian students the chance to improve their Spanish language skills and experience Spanish life and culture firsthand while gaining work experience and transferable skills that will set them apart in today's global marketplace.

Our personalized internship placements are tailored to students' specific skill sets, ambitions, and career aspirations. Internships are available in a variety of fields, including business/finance, engineering, tourism, IT, media/communications, international relations, the nonprofit sector, Spanish studies, and economics.

• Our internship programs are affordable - and we offer many <a href="http://culturalvistas.org/about-us/scholarships">scholarships</a>!
  • We work closely with an array of partner organizations to place participants in customized professional internships that meet their individual goals and career interests.
  • We offer help drafting a Spanish-style resume, plus a cultural immersion and orientation seminar upon arrival in Madrid.
  • Once you get back home, we'll give you re-entry information and tips on marketing international experience to U.S. employers.
  • You'll have FUN!
Design
International Business
Tourism
Spanish
In addition to individualized internship placements, participants receive assistance with foreign language resume writing, pre-departure cultural and logistical information, as well as in-country and re-entry support. Health insurance and housing assistance can also be provided for a nominal fee.

Brad
Ann Arbor, Michigan
University of Michigan

Amazing Experience in Spain

I spent 12 weeks in Madrid, Spain through Cultural Vistas and loved every moment of it. The interview process was not very overwhelming as only about ten minutes of the 30 minute interview was in Spanish. They really take into account what you want to do in your internship to find a good placement for you. I really liked that I didn't have to find the internship myself. My work day was only five hours, five days a week, so I had plenty of time to explore the sites in Madrid. Cultural Vistas also put me in contact with the other students from my university that would be in Madrid so we could discuss housing. They don't help with housing in Spain, but they do for Chile and Argentina. I also really liked how they put us in touch with a Spanish woman when we arrived so she could talk to us about the culture and what to expect.

It would have been helpful if they had help to find housing for Spain.

Caroline
Ann Arbor, Michigan
University of Michigan

Fantastic Program - definitely recommend

Cultural Vistas is a great program for students looking to spend a summer abroad in Spain who have an interest in an internship and growing both personally and professionally. The program walks you through every step of the way, helping you find an internship and prepare for your summer abroad.

Once you arrive, your country representative will greet you and in my experience, she was super helpful and willing to help us out however she could. She was able to help me find an internship related to my academic and career interests, where I worked during the week. During the weekends, I would often travel to other places with friends and flatmates. I would recommend that you follow the advice of Cultural Vistas and wait to sign a lease for your summer until you arrive.

Overall, this was an amazing experience that I would totally recommend. You will have so much fun and gain a lot of valuable experience.

Founded in 1963, Cultural Vistas is a nonprofit exchange organization promoting global understanding and collaboration among individuals and institutions. We develop international professional experiences that create more informed, skilled, and engaged citizens. Our programs empower people to drive positive change in themselves, their organizations, and