International Internships in Madrid with The Intern Group

Cuenca 2
Cuenca 2
Cuenca 1
Cuenca 1
Last Day at Tilo Motion photoshoot.
El Retiro Park :)

We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in Madrid, Spain's cosmopolitan capital. During your internship abroad, you will gain hands-on professional experience and build a network for your future career. Your internship in Madrid will make you stand out from your peers.

Partnering with a range of leading companies, organizations and NGOs, our program will boost your professional development. We offer programs for people of all backgrounds and experience levels. We've previously placed interns with companies such as Grant Thornton, Mazars and Orangina Schweppes.

Your program includes accommodation, airport pick up and drop off, regular social and cultural events, professional development tools and workshop, 24/7 emergency assistance, a one on one career coaching session for alumni and many other great benefits. Apply now to our award-winning program featured in CNN, TIME and Forbes.

• Have a top-class international internship in Madrid! Our personalized process ensures that you will be working in the industry sector of your choice, in a role that is tailored to your professional goals.
  • It makes your resume stand out! In today's society, everyone does sport, plays an instrument and is part of a society. As one of millions of young people applying for their first job, you need to find a way to jump off the page!
  • Make friends and professional networks in Madrid and from all over the world! Whether you like it or not, it's not what you know, it's who you know.
  • Have an amazing life experience in Madrid! We know that moving to a new place can be nerve-racking. Thats why our team on the ground is made up of Madrilenos who are there to give you support 24/7.
  • For non native-Spanish speakers perfect your language! Learn Spanish in a real-world environment, rather than in the classroom.

Final Places Available for Summer Internships

There are only a couple of places remaining on The Intern Group's summer internship programs in the USA, Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia and Latin America. Apply now to secure a space!

Hi Verica! Whether these internships are paid or not is down to each specific placement company! However, their international internships do tend to be unpaid.
Hiya, Living situation wasn't bad at all, your usually with other interns. When I first got there I was a bit surprised at the flat as I thought it was going to be more like a uni halls or something, but the decor is quite dark and relatively small. Also had an oven that you had to light yourself which was an experience! Haha. But you get used to it really quickly and I loved my flat by the end. I...
I was in Madrid for two months and had prepared about €1600. I did budget and because I was very careful with money at the start I had quite a bit left over towards the end. It also depends on how much you eat out because that does get quite expensive.

Leslie

Summer in Madrid

I had the opportunity to complete my marketing internship in Madrid this summer. I can honestly say it was the best decision I made. Not only did I get the marketing experience and credit from my school but I also had an amazing time. I experienced being part of a new culture and traveling alone for the first time. It was safe and there is always something going on whether it be an event from the program or just events around the city. The events hosted by the program are really fun and helps you get accustomed to the new changes. All the events are different so its a new experience every time. As for my internship, the process was very easy and everything is explained very well. My supervisors from my job were really nice and always answered any questions I had regarding my tasks.

Having a fan or AC in the apartment would be my only improvement.
Víctor Manuel

Try it, you won't regret it.

How is the experience with Intern Group? It all starts when you are asked for the documents, it is always the most boring and tedious process since it has to go through several revisions and there is always that little feeling of nervousness because you do not know what they will offer you or if they will accept you in the program, and when you least expect it, the first job offers and an immense amount of emails arrive. You feel overwhelmed by the information and the nerves increase a bit, job interviews always worry me a little but when you talk to the first person from the Intern Group who will be in charge of placing you in a company, all the nerves go down. I am sure that everyone is like that but I was interviewed by a very warm person from England who receives you with a smile from ear to ear and treats you in a very professional but friendly way, all the people you deal with have an incredible disposition To help you with what you need but don't forget it, you will do professional practices. When you least expect it you are already at the airport to say goodbye to your loved ones and throughout the entire flight you have a head full of ideas about how your experience will be and the emotion invades your body. Once you are in Madrid you find more and more extremely friendly people that make you feel at home. When you arrive at your apartment you realize that you have everything you need and something you really appreciate is that everyone has a single room that helps you a lot to rest as you should. In the first few days you have a training from the Intern Group and then you know your work team, and I know I mentioned it many times but as expected, everyone is very friendly.
The first week is always very interesting because you get to know the city and you can always get lost in some way and you get to beautiful places by accident, you also meet amazing people and the days sometimes become complicated because you become an adult with all the responsibilities from one day to another and despite all the difficulties you decide to get to know the city and continue learning from all the things and people you know, try new things and realize everything you are learning by leaps and bounds. The work experience is always good and offers excellent opportunities to learn new things and get out of your comfort zone but you realize that the people you know contribute a lot to your life and teach you things that you would only learn if you go out in real life. People were a very important part to enjoy the trip, the practices were an opportunity that teaches you to grow as a person and constantly grow, the Intern Group staff helps you take away all worries, and these three things are good in themselves alone, but without a doubt what made this trip unforgettable was having the honor of experiencing all three together.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
My program lasted 6 weeks and I definitely feel that being longer would have been a better option.
Andres

Checked all my boxes

I came into this program with a handful of professional and personal goals, and I'm happy to say I achieved all of them!

Professionally, I wanted an internship in Madrid in order to get first hand experience in an office setting, with all of the challenges that come with that. I definitely got that, and I feel like these challenges have both made me more responsible and given me the confidence to say that I could work in a similar setting for future jobs. And while the work was challenging, my coworkers were all very welcoming, patient, and knowledgeable, so I never felt like I was performing badly or holding someone back.

Personally, I was very excited to experience Madrid's culture for myself! I wasn't disappointed: the food was delicious and surprisingly international, the public transportation was easy to navigate and made even the surrounding cities feel very accessible, and the nightlife, while I didn't explore it too much myself, I saw enough to say that it was far from lacking.

Overall, I'm very happy I decided to go, and I advise any interns going soon to make the most of the experience. 6 weeks seems like a lot before you arrive, but it went by in a flash: I could easily see myself having stayed 2 more weeks!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I'd definitely bring more casual/loose clothing. I was very overdressed my first week, and I had to buy more clothes in order to fit the more casual office standard as I adjusted to it.
Alejandro

Amazing experience

I started this experience with some objectives and now that I have finished my internship I can say that I learned more than I thought. For one side, I had the objective of working in other country to learn about cultural differences in work environment. Also I tried to do my best so I can be placed in a company that I liked. After six weeks, I’m sure that this experience gave me a set of tools that I can use in my future profesional life. Also, I have more confidence about me and started developing new skills. But this internship was not only about job, also you make relationships that help you to learn and being a better person. I made friends and we shared moments that will last forever. After work we discovered many places of Madrid and on weekends we traveled to other cities. This summer was amazing and I will remember every good moment with a smile. Also I have to say that this experience was possible thanks to The Intern Group people. Lalita, Beatriz, Carlos, and all the persons that are part of the organization cared about every detail. All the process was perfect, the interviews, the placement, the apartment where I lived, the social meetings, transportation and other things that The Intern Group managed made this possible. I recommend being part of this experience. Right now I feel that Madrid is a second home.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I was part of a six weeks program, so maybe apply to a longer program. Because now that I have finished I really miss Madrid and it’s people.
Tabitha

A once in a lifetime experience in Madrid

My experience with The Intern Group in Madrid was rewarding both personally and professionally. I stayed in a part of Madrid that had so much to offer, from good food to high-end fashion. My host organization was welcoming and very inclusive, and the work was interesting and educational. The experience was a great opportunity to travel around Spain during weekends, to learn the language and culture of Spaniards, and to network with students from across the globe.

As awesome as Madrid and the whole experience was, the best advice I could give to any incoming intern is to make the most of it. Living and working in a foreign country has its difficulties, but if you rely on your positive attitude and your fellow interns you'll really enjoy it.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
I had Valencian Paella for the time, it was really good!
Diyor

Amazing Experience

My experience with The Intern Group Madrid exceeded my expectations. The support from their team helped me to adjust living and working in Spain. The organized social events contributed a lot to fostering community between the interns while helping us explore the city and live like a local. The helped me to find a perfect internship which helped me to gain experience in the industry. The professional development is invaluable and having an internship abroad is a once in a lifetime experience. Thanks to the team and especially Lalita for your kindness and for making this experience in Spain unforgettable. I met a lot of great people during my internship in Madrid. I would recommend it to anybody who wants to explore the Spanish culture and develop their career. It's a great opportunity.

Diego

Madrid Internship

I strongly suggest doing an internship with the Intern Group, I did the 12 weeks program working as a Digital Content Creator Trainee for a company provider of Digital Marketing Services, it was my first real work experience and the Intern Group did it the friendliest way possible, at the company I enjoyed my work a lot and wanted to learn so I got the opportunity to get involved with other departments such as design and programming which were very useful experience for me in future opportunities. About the housing, the Intern Group helps you with this process and for me it was a great experience I ended up making lifetime friendship with my flat mates which we are still in contact two years after, for me what I liked the most is that all of us came from different cultures and we were all very open minded about it. About the city I think I couldn’t have found a better city for me for doing this experience, even though I was doing a job experience I met students from all over the world and I could always find a nice terrace or rooftop to have a beer with the best views of the city.
This experience also had a huge personal growth in me, learning to move by myself in a new city and looking after myself, at first it was an intimidating experience and a bit difficult to be honest but I wouldn’t change anything out of it, and after being done with this I ended up very interested in doing another international experience. After I finish the internship I went back to Mexico to do my last semester in university and after I graduated I started looking for job opportunities in different countries and because of this internship I was able to find a job in Paris as manager for the digital marketing for the Spanish market in a startup.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
My most nerve-racking moment was right when I arrive and I still didn't have a housing, I didn't know anyone in the city but it help me thinking that I always had the Intern Group backing me up in case I had any problem
Magnolia

Professional development, cultural immersion and international friendships!

My experience with TIG Madrid exceeded my expectations. The immense support from TIG's team helped me adjust to living and working in a foreign country. Also the organized social events (shout-out to Carlos!) contributed a lot to fostering community between the interns while helping us explore the city and live like a local.
I was placed in a perfect internship which helped me secure my dream position upon arrival back home. The professional development is invaluable and having an internship abroad is a once in a lifetime experience.
10/10 would recommend this program! You're investing in not only your professional life but personal via The Intern Group.
THANK YOU Lalita, Carlos, Laura and Beatriz for making my time in Spain unforgettable!

I would not change anything about the program!!!!!
Camila

My experience in Madrid

My experience in Madrid was unique and exciting. At first, I must admit I was a little nervous because it was the first time I´d go this far away from home and to a real job. But ever since the beginning, the Intern Group was very attentive and they made me feel safe. When I got here, I realized every one was feeling this way too which is awesome because they are open to meet new people. I love how The Intern Group organized several unique activities as a way to get to know Madrid, its culture, and other interns. I am returning to Mexico with a big smile on my face and extreme satisfaction because this program exceeded my expectations. I would like to give a special thanks to Lalita, Beatriz, Laura, and Carlos. You guys are the best and you are always there for the interns when they need! I would without a doubt, recommend interning in Madrid.

I would not change a thing about my experience, keep doing what you do Intern Group!
Anna

Immersive Professional Experience and Cultural Activities

I finished a 5-month internship program in Madrid with The Intern Group in February 2019 and can recommend it to all the students looking for great international working experience and opportunities to get close to the Spanish culture and discover the secrets of the foreign lifestyle together with your new peers from all over the world.
First of all, I have been more than happy to work at the company that The Intern Group found for me as one of the internship options. I had a lot of rush in the selection process due to some visa procedures, and The Intern Group team helped me to find 4 different positions that could match my profile and professional interests and arrange more that one interview with each of them in just about 15 days. The role that I got at the beginning did not meet my expectations, to be honest, as I was supposed to have a position of a Marketing Specialist, but my duties and tasks were not related to Marketing anyhow. However, that happened not due to The Intern Group's fault, but to the internal changes in the company, and, at the end of the day and thanks to the great company's team, I changed my position very fast and started working in one of the biggest international Marketing projects of the company, which enabled me to master my knowledge and get a lot of new skills in various field, starting from analytics and ending with establishing better communication with the partners. I don't think it would be possible for me to get such a great experience and get a position in this amazing company so fast without the effort of The Intern Group. What is more, I also got a job offer from the company at the end of my internship, so now I am still staying in Madrid and enjoying my job.
Moreover, I had a chance to participate in different cultural events organised by The Intern Group team on the regular basis. They included not only some pre-arranged trips included in the program, such as the trip to Toledo or the stadium Santiago Bernabeu tour, but also various activities posted on the Facebook group and suggested by the event manager from the organisation or other interns. For example, we visited different tapas places and rooftops and enjoyed the national holiday's parade of "Reyes Magos" (Three Kings) together with The Intern Group. All these activities have helped us to get closer to the Spanish culture and the lifestyle of Madrid. I personally got in love with the city as, I guess, the majority of the other interns that went through the program at the same time.
As for some negative points, I would just say that the accommodation was a bit overpriced, from my point of view. At the end of the day, I expected to live in a bigger and a more modern flat, taking into account that it is intended for 4 people and the price is about 800 euros per month, and have a better cleaning service. However, the location of the building was still excellent, about 15 minutes away form the city center by metro and very close to the best restaurants and bars areas of Madrid, and we had all the facilities and equipment necessary at home (a cooker, an oven, a fridge, a washing machine, an iron, etc.).
To conclude, I would definitely recommend the program to all the people interested in getting international experience and growing as professionals at the same time, and would like to thank The Intern Group for the good organisation and all the help provided during the program!

Korawich

Engineering intern in Madrid

The experience I have got from this programme is extremely valuable and unforgettable, but most of all, it was a big step to the engineering profession. Thanks to this programme, I've got to work with an engineering consultant company. Although I cannot speak Spanish, I received a warm welcome from everyone in this company, and we also worked on a large-scale international project which is very interesting to me who was just a 3rd year engineering student. I have obtained new technical skills and also learnt to work as a team in a real-life project.

Madrid is also a very unique city for me in many ways. Yes, it was hard for me to get used to a lot of things when I was not able to speak Spanish at all. Even so, most true Spaniards are very easy to get along and willing to help others in need. This city is also good for foodies, and I am not talking about Paella as there are so many other Spanish food/drinks that I like and miss so much. Come to find out yourself!

Living in Madrid is also not expensive: just go to any spanish-brand supermarket's website and see for yourself. Eating outside for a "menu del dia" cost about 10 euro. And hey did I mention that Zara is a Spanish company? Madrid is a place for a shopaholic.

The accommodation should be regularly checked by Interngroup' staff that if there is any problem or the interns follow the rule of the apartment.
Daniela

Best Abroad Professional Experience

I had the opportunity to become part of the amazing abroad internship program with the Intern Group. I completed my internship in Madrid, Spain and it was the best decision ever and totally worth it! It made me grow as an individual, and most importantly as a professional. It made me become a more independent, responsible, dedicated and hard working individual. This experience is not just boost my professional career, but it allowed me to network in a way that facilitated my ability to acquire outstanding communications skills, which is something every company is looking for today. Therefore, I certaintly recommend this program to everyone who is looking to grow as a professional and acquire international perspectives that can later be intergrated in future jobs.

Maybe broaden the amount of companies to apply for internships. But everything else was perfect!
Matteo

Internship in Madrid

My internship in Madrid lasted 3 months.
At the beginning I was a little bit afraid because I was alone, I knew no one and it was the first for me living abroad.
Eventually, It’s been the best experience of my life. Thanks to the Intern Group I had the opportunity to
meet people from all over the world, to have fun with them and to understand that the world is actually smaller than we might think. I loved the positive energy and kindness of the entire Intern Group staff. I can definitely say that I felt like home and I loved every minute of it.
Furthermore, the Intern Group was able to find a company that perfectly suited my skills. I have worked in an affiliation marketing big enterprise.
I would suggest this experience to anyone who asked and I would do this experience millions time more.

Miguel

Madrid; An Intern Story

An International internship is all of what you'd expect it to be. Exhilarating. Unknown. And filled with innumerable opportunities, that is, if you're willing to take them.

The 6 weeks I spent living, working, and growing in Madrid conisted of all of the above. Each Intern has their own work schedule, this work schedule varies from company to company. In my case, I went in at 9am and was finished at 6pm, a typical Spanish work day. Others I found went in at 10am and were done by 4pm. Personally I enjoyed working the long hours, it eventually led to some strong relationships with my co-workers. I also invested myself within the company, Trivu, a global ecosystem that promotes opportunities to connect, activate, and empower young talent with the aim of generating real impact. My role consisted of Marketing and the Engagement sector of the company.

The time spent away from work involved networking events, both formal and informal with the other interns and Intern Group Staff. I would like to take this time to mention one of the most important reasons why it was so easy to transition into the Spanish culture. His name is Carlos Perez Bañuls. Carlos is a member of the Intern Group who hosts events and dinner(s) for us interns almost daily. He is our go-to person for any and all information; traveling to other cities in Europe, medical assistance, food savvy, and very open to any type of conversation.

In terms of Safety, I felt right at home. Madrid is a lively city, it hardly rests. However, just like any other city, there are great areas and there are dimly lit areas. In my experience, I did in fact lose my wallet, but that was due to my lack of responsiblity and a night out at the club. If you're reasonably aware of your surroundings and you keep accountability in yourself and your friends, you should be just fine!

If given the opportunity, I would be more than happy to re-live this experience and if anything, extend it. This internship is more than just "an internship". I wholeheartedly believe, if you take proactive measures to achieve your goals and are self-motivated, you will gain so much from this internship. Friends. Connections. Professional Skills. Confidence in your ability to function with a foreign company. And more, much, much more. I am very grateful to have been one of the very few to be selected for this experience. I am happy to have learned, adapted, and grown so much in so little time. Something to note, from a Marketing perspective, the ability to sell yourself to a school, job, or opportunity is invaluable. Investing in an International Internship WILL set you apart from the rest and it will pave new opportunities, should you take full advantage of them.

I stronger focus on the inviduality of each intern in regards to their work route and housing location. Some are far closer than others. However, I understand due to the availability of each accomadation and the time constraint placed on the program pertaining to the final commitment of each individual intern, it is understandable that this may not come easy.
Jessica

Life on Calle de Orense

Going to Madrid and being given the privilege to intern in a prestigious, niche biotechnological company gave me incredible personal growth that I did not realised I needed for my life. It has provided me with invaluable experience in science as well as the rare opportunity to live abroad at a young age, experiencing what it is like to work full time in a completely new country. It’s a life changing internship that can be challenging at times but the benefits that accompany this internship far outweighs the cons that I experienced. Shout out to those who are going to live on Calle de Orense, it’s the best place to live because it’s closest to all the best shops ;)

Perhaps more equal sized rooms since everyone has to pay the same for accomodation

Location:
68 F / 37 F
Airports:
Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas
( MAD )

If you are looking to travel affordably, eat tapas daily, and see Egyptian temples; Madrid will give you all of that and more. In keeping with most Spanish cities, they have a great nightlife and food. Madrid is unique in that it tailors to a more budget friendly crowd, many of the fan favorite places to visit are free like the Parque del Buen Retiro.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About The Intern Group

The Intern Group is one of the leading providers of international internships. Our programs are located in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia & Latin America. We place participants from all over the world in international internships that propel...