Global Experiences Internships in Barcelona, Spain

Barcelona is home to miles of sandy beaches, one of the world's most well-known soccer teams, and an endless number of experiences to have. The economic center of Catalonia offers a wide range of internships in nearly every career field. As an international intern, you’ll have the chance to immerse in everything about Spanish culture.

You’ll have the opportunity to work in your approved career field all while enjoying everything Barcelona has to offer. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals. We’ll support you every step of the way to make sure your Barcelona internship is an experience you’ll never forget.

Included in the cost of your tuition is a guaranteed internship, housing, social events, our career development program, and more.

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences' program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We want this experience to be as fulfilling as possible. From the first phone call, we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Centralized Housing: You’ll be living in accommodations centrally located in Barcelona with other Global Experiences' interns. Your housing will have access to public transportation, ensuring it is easy to get to and from your internship.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with potential employers, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in Barcelona year-round and provides interns with an insider's glimpse of the city. The LC is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and takes all the interns on a range of social events.

They are unpaid internships

Nathalie

It's not goodbye, it's see you later

My experience interning abroad has been life changing. I had three goals when I landed. To enhance my Spanish-speaking skills, make a difference in my internship, and travel. I am happy to say that successfully completed all three of my goals. I got to practice my Spanish daily in Barcelona and lost the fear of making mistakes and just let it out. I was able to help my internship organization with some very important documents, gain hands-on experience in the clinical field, and conduct a educational intervention in the organization that raised awareness about HIV/AIDS to each client who came in for testing. Finally, in three months I was able to travel to 9 countries and 22 cities. I would recommend going abroad to every single person and hope that you take full advantage of such an incredible opportunity.

Nathalie

It’s not goodbye it’s see you later

I had three goals when in mind when going abroad and those were to gain experience at my internship, enhance speaking skills, and travel around Europe. I am happy to say I successfully did all three!! During my internship I was able to gain hands on experience in a clinical setting, which was beneficial for me because I want to pursue nursing in the future. I let go of the fear of making mistakes and was able to practice my Spanish with locals. Lastly I was able to travel all throughout Europe. During my time here I travel to 9 different countries and 22 different cities. As you can imagine I was very busy and enjoyed every minute of it. I highly recommend this program to future interns and promise that you will love it as long as you take full advantage of it.

Some people are more shy than others and it’s hard to gather a group of people together in one program who get along. Maybe collaborating with other study abroad programs to build networking setting with all study abroad students so people can meet others just like them would be really beneficial to enhance the overall experience!
Nicole

Can’t recommend this program enough!

This has been an experience of a lifetime, and something I will never forget. It helped me grow in all aspects in just three months and for that I am forever thankful.

I feel deeply changed and I’m so excited and motivated to continue living life the way that this program has taught me.

Can’t recommend Global experiences enough’

I started out by just wanting to know more information about interning abroad - I just didn’t feel like studying abroad was my thing.

I had a couple of options and after receiving that first phone call from Global experiences I bailed on the rest of my options because GE was so welcoming and warm and I just couldn’t say no to them!

They helped me instantly and there was 100% support from day one and it was great!!

The program all together was lovely, and it made everything easy!

Going to a different country is intimidating but GE made it so exciting and I felt safe and guarded

This is the best decision I’ve ever made in my life!

Longer programs (instead of 12 weeks it should be a full semester!)
Julie

An Amazing Experience

Coming here was one of the biggest and best decisions of my life. I wasn't sure what to expect at first and had a lot of questions and concerns. The GE team made sure I was 100% cared for and answered any and all of the questions I had! My biggest concern when applying is that I wouldn't be able to get an internship specifically in the field of Human Resources as it wasn't one of the placements offered on the site for Barcelona. After communicating with them exactly what I was looking for and seeing what options I had, they found the absolute perfect placement in HR for me in my first-choice location!
I truly felt like they went the extra mile to make sure that I was happy from start to finish (and beyond) with this program. Our program Director, Inma, is so positive, fun and always ready to help! Absolutely anything we needed, she was on top of it. The group excursions with her were always stellar and I feel super lucky to have had her as our Director. Shoutout to Katherine and Chrissie as well for being amazing with staying in contact, checking in, and being so helpful, especially at the early stages of this program! The GE staff is so great!!
I can't even begin to explain how much this program and internship has postitively impacted my life. Not only did I get the wonderful opportunity to explore a whole new world and experience a beautiful culture and make tons of new friends from all around Europe, but now I have impressive job experience under my belt that already has and will continue to help me in my future career endeavors.

Annie

A Great Experience

As a recent graduate, Global Experiences was a great program to utilize as I am still determining what type of career I'm interested in pursuing and was interested in traveling before settling down. Based off of our conversations throughout the application process, my internship placement was spot on. Although I didn't feel entirely passionate about the work I was assigned, it was an excellent opportunity to learn more about what direction I would actually like to move towards in my future positions. I couldn't have asked for better employers. As I don't speak Spanish, they were always open to helping me throughout any obstacles I encountered, gave me a ton of tips about Barcelona, and were always available to answer any questions I had.

I believe being abroad in general after graduating is a unique and special opportunity. The challenges of traveling most weekends have made me feel more independent than ever before and I believe I'm more adaptable because of this experience. Being away from what I know and am comfortable with has given me the chance to really tune in to what I want out of my future.

To all future participants, definitely take advantage of every moment you have in your city. If you're like me, you'll travel most weekends. Don't let that affect what you experience here in Barcelona or whatever host city you may choose. Even if you're tired after a long day of work, drink that extra shot of espresso, and get out and explore.

Kaicey

What a Summer!

Global Experiences was a growing experience packed with sooooooo much fun. It pushed me to travel more, enhance my Spanish-speaking skills and meet new people. For me, this is an experience that I will forever be grateful for. This program has allowed me to learn more about Spanish culture and understand a different way of life than my own. Everyday I was learning something new about Barcelona. My program directors really made my summer worth every penny and were extremely helpful with everything. They were the main reason why this summer was unforgettable.

I wish there were more group events. It's hard to see other people in the program at times because most participants are working different hours for their internships.
Ebony

Best Summer EVER

Wow. What an amazing summer. When I signed up for this program I had no idea it was going to be so life changing. I have loved every minute since stepping out of the plane to this beautiful city. Inma, Saskia and all the other interns made the time here worth every single penny. All the social events, the traveling, and just the overall memories have shaped me into a better global citizen and I will be forever grateful for my time here. It's amazing how immersed we get into this whole different culture and I can't help but fall more and more in love with Barcelona. It's gonna be hard leaving, but I know for a fact that I will be back!

Consistent internships for all interns.
David

Amazing Experience

GE has provided me with an experience that I will never forget. The internship placement, the social events, and just the overall immersion of the culture made it worth every single moment. I highly recommend taking advantage of this opportunity because it allows you to grow professionally and culturally. My only regret is not being here longer to explore more of this amazing city. Many thanks to Inma and Saskia, our program advisors, for being so attentive to everyones needs.

Daniel

Unforgettable

Global Experience is the best program that I could have asked for to plan out this whole experience. From the internship to the housing to the planned group trips I could not have had a more perfect time in Barcelona thanks to Global Experiences. I traveled the world, met amazing people, and got the best internship experience that I could have gotten. If you have the opportunity to do this you better not miss out.

Ryan

Best experience of my life

If you want to have the most fun you will ever have, if you want to live in a paradise, if you want to intern in the heart of Barcelona then you have to use Global Experiences. GE will place you in an internship that will fit your career interests and they will ensure that you have the time of your life. While they are ensuring you are having a great time, they also are always there for each and every one of us whether it be personal or professional. The people who work for GE are some of the best people I have ever met in my life and I recommend this organization 100 times over.

To be completely honest, I have nothing negative to say about this program and I wish I could give constructive criticism, but I have none.
Declan

Barcelona Summer Internship

Wow, what a great experience! I will be forever thankful for the friends, partners, mentors, and relationships that I have made this summer, all possible because of Global Experiences! The program advisors offered us multiple events all throughout the summer to get us away from the workplace and really experience Barcelona. I now have lifelong friends because of my exceptional time here - thanks for everything!!!

Isobel

Summer in Barcelona

I could have not asked for a better summer! My internship placement worked out really well and I got a chance to improve my skills and develop new ones. I worked in betahaus which is an amazing collaborative working space where you can hear so many languages spoken all day; it really feels like an international environment(One of my supervisors is Italian an the other French and they spoke Spanish to each other!). Not to mention Barcelona is full of places to explore and Spain is one of the most beautiful countries and getting to explore on the weekends and after work was definitely one of my favorite things to do! I also had the chance to practice my Spanish throughout the whole summer and I've become much more confident! Inma and Saskia were also amazing, very helpful and supportive throughout the entire summer. The memories I made on this trip will last a lifetime!

Aron

Intern in Barcelona

Working in Barcelona is an unbelievable experience. The environment and culture is perfect for interns because employers value your ideas and input. It’s also an amazing place to build new relationships, grow as a person, and have an absurd amount of fun. GE does a great job matching you with roommates who will feel like family by the end of the program. Inma and Saskia were always there if we needed help and the events they planned for us were a great time. I feel like I learned a ton and have gained valuable tools to help me in all my future endeavors. I’d recommend interning in Barcelona to anyone. You are guaranteed to fall in love with the city and the culture. I can’t wait to go back!

Internship placements could be even more specific to your field of study.
Maddie

Summer Internship in Barcelona, Spain 2018

This program was definitely a major growing experience for me and I will be forever thankful that I had the experience to travel throughout and work in Spain. It has shaped the way that I now see the world. As an international business major, an abroad experience was almost necessary for me and I'm so happy I chose this program. From the amazing roommates, planned group trips, accommodations, and staff, to the intense yet informative internship, I truly do not think that there was a better option for me to enroll in. I have learned so much about the field of my internship and a new culture, which never would have been feasible had I simply studied abroad or got a domestic internship.
Not every part of the experience was fun and games, but everything that happened has helped me to grow into a more independent and resilient person. Even though you go without family or friends, you make new ones with those working in your program and the program site advisors help you every step of the way.
My favorite memory was when 13 interns and I took a weekend trip to Morocco and spent the night in the dessert. Even though it was only a two hour flight, it felt like we were in a different world. The best part was that all of my best friends were there to experience it with me.
Lastly, if I could give future interns some tips, it would be to budget your time and money, get out as much as possible, and to call back home at least once a week. I would also recommend to be completely honest on your roommate and job survey, so that you get the best opportunities for new friendships and necessary job experience as possible.

Plan one over night visit!?
Laith

Wonderful City and Professional Experience. Definitely worth it.

My time here in Barcelona has been irreplaceable. The amount of care and input put into the internship placements and events really integrates you well into the friendly city, and allows you to quickly start to embrace Catalan culture. The Global Experience team is extremely nice, as well as the work environment in Barcelona. Much more than expected, people from all over the world are happy to socialize and chat. You will definitely make a lot of friends from all over the world, and valuable professional connections and skills throughout your time here. Barcelona is a city which allows you to enjoy your work in a professional environment, and have a nice time exploring the rich architecture, culture, and foods of the diverse city. It is an experience like non other. Highly recommended and worth every penny.
Tips for when you come here: Don't be afraid to explore just outside Barcelona, or other countries as well. I had an amazing trip to Morocco, and many others went to Portugal, France, Croatia, and the Netherlands (Amsterdam). Europe and other close countries are in your grasp. Go for it - you can't regret it.

About Global Experiences

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and...