Global Experiences Internships in Barcelona, Spain

This program has been paused and is currently not being offered. View more programs from Global Experiences.

Barcelona is home to miles of sandy beaches, one of the world's most well-known soccer teams, and an endless number of experiences to have. The economic center of Catalonia offers a wide range of internships in nearly every career field. As an international intern, you’ll have the chance to immerse in everything about Spanish culture.

You’ll have the opportunity to work in your approved career field all while enjoying everything Barcelona has to offer. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals. We’ll support you every step of the way to make sure your Barcelona internship is an experience you’ll never forget.

Included in the cost of your tuition is a guaranteed internship, housing, social events, our career development program, and more.

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences' program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We want this experience to be as fulfilling as possible. From the first phone call, we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Centralized Housing: You’ll be living in accommodations centrally located in Barcelona with other Global Experiences' interns. Your housing will have access to public transportation, ensuring it is easy to get to and from your internship.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with potential employers, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in Barcelona year-round and provides interns with an insider's glimpse of the city. The LC is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and takes all the interns on a range of social events.

When you enroll in the program, you are added to a private Facebook group for your specific program location and session. This means that you have a way to communicate to other interns in the group before your departures, and for some locations you can even arrange to meet up in the airport and take a taxi to your housing together. Hope this helps!

Hi Alyssa! As with many internships, the vast majority of our internship placements are unpaid. We look for opportunities that allow our interns to gain the best possible experience while adhering to local laws and visa restrictions. If an employer offers you a stipend or other form of compensation you are welcome to accept it. We hope that this helps! - Lydia T. | Student Experience & Marketing...

• 9-10 rating 98.41%
  • 7-8 rating 1.59%
Julia

Amazing Experience!

I loved my experience in Barcelona! The global experiences staff is very adherent to what you want from your internship. My internship placement was perfect for me because not only was I able to intern, I was also able to take Spanish classes. I really wanted to improve my Spanish while abroad and I was able to do that. The apartment was great too, it was in a central part of the city and everything was very easy to get to. The GE staff was also great and always made their best effort to help me with whatever I needed. I would strongly recommend this program!

Make the most of your time in Barcelona! Three months sounds like a long time but it isn't!
Jacqueline

Intern abroad with GE! You won’t regret it!

Interning abroad has been one of the best decisions I have made in my life so far. From the beginning of the process, Global Experiences went above and beyond to make sure that I was going to get the best placement possible. At my internship in Barcelona, I learned so much and was very grateful to be a part of an incredible team. I cannot put into words how rewarding my experience was and how easy GE made it for me. I was given a platform to grow personally and professionally. On top of that, my site coordinators were amazing! They were always keeping up with us and even planned fun group outings as to stay in touch! We went to a winery, did a bike tour, and day trip to a local beach town on top of many more. GE made this experience so worth my while and one that I will never forget!

Make the most of your experience because it goes by so fast! Take time to travel during the weekends to WHEREVER you can. Weekend trips are so doable in Europe!! At the same time, don’t forget to explore your host city and the rest of the country. Living in a European city is amazing because they typically have a rich culture. Barcelona was never lacking in things to do, things to eat, or things to see! I was able to travel to Milan, Italy with 3 other Global Experiences interns and made a trip to Dubrovnik, Croatia to see where my favorite show was filmed (Game of Thrones). Have a fun time traveling and just say yes!!!
Tayla

Once in a Life Time Experience

From beginning to end I had the best experience and do not regret anything about my time in Barcelona! Throughout the last three months I have learned alot about myself and also about interacting with different personalities. I had 5 roommates and although it was alot of people living under one roof, I would not have changed that because all of us became really good friends and had a lot of fun together. Myself and my three female roommates took a weekend trip to Milan, Italy the first month we were here and it was amazing and this past weekend my roommate and I went to Dublin, Ireland for the weekend. When it comes to my internship, I have learned new skills that will help me in my future career and am excited to use them when I get home. This experience was a 10/10 and I am sad that it is coming to an end but am excited for what's to come.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve-racking moment for me was when I had to figure out how to use the metro by myself at night and I got on the wrong train. After freaking out a little I calmed down and used the app Citymapper and was able to figure my way home.
Melissa

THE EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME

My experience in Barcelona has been amazing thanks to the staff of Global Experiences! The internship placement I was given was exactly what I was looking for. I was able to work in my desired professional field and learn so much from my host employer. Hearing my roommates' experiences, I think it is safe to say that the Global Experiences does a wonderful job at finding an internship placement that suits each individual. Even though the internship is a major part of the experience, I should also mention that the social events hosted by the Global Experiences team were a key part in this journey. They are so much fun and you get to learn so much about the culture/location! I feel so happy with the way my trip turned out, I wouldn't change a thing about it! I'd recommend this to everyone!!

Come into this program with an open mind! Don't be afraid of trying new foods or going on different adventures! The internship is what you make it, so work hard and enjoy yourself! DON'T FORGET TO BRING COMFORTABLE SHOES!
Camille

Great Experience

Having the opportunity to live and work in a different country is a truly eye-opening experience. For students who haven't had much independence, it's a good way to test the waters of adulthood. Doing it through a program, however, gives you the confidence that you are not alone if anything goes wrong. Inma and Saskia (on site directors), were amazing and helped us feel at home, plus they are the sweetest and super fun to hang out with during the group events. The internship itself can pose difficulties, but I saw and experienced multiple times in which simply voicing concerns to the directors was the best way to fixing any issues. Overall, I had an amazing experience and would recommend it, especially if like me, it is more attainable than doing a semester or year abroad. Super valuable for jobs in the future, too, since we are in an increasingly interconnected world.

Be open minded, welcome new experiences, let go of control and biases, and be curious. Those to me were the key to a truly amazing experience abroad.
Marina

Best experience of my life

This was hands down the BEST decision I’ve ever made in my life. I grew in so many ways, not just professionally. My career placement pushed me to become stronger in my field and a better communicator. Going overseas forced me to open my mind and learn to go with the flow, appreciate the small things and other cultures. I learned so much about myself in these short two months and made so many beautiful friendships that will last me a life time. I will be recommending this program to absolutely everyone because it was truly life changing. It is so much more than just an internship.
The placement for the internship (for me at least) was exactly what I needed. I learned the basic skills to excel in my field. Not only that, but I created great relationships with my coworkers that will be great bridges for the future.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve-racking moment was the moment I arrived in Spain and had to figure out how to find my home. We got into a taxi and I was accidentally dropped off 5 blocks away from my apartment. I was terrified because I wasn’t familiar with my surroundings nor the culture or the people. AND no connection because I hadn’t bought a SIM card yet. Thankfully, I knew some spanish and was able to find a kind woman who walked me all the way to my housing! A random kind stranger, she was a mother and she said that she knew if her daughter was stranded in another country not knowing how to get home, she would be so thankful if someone helped her.
Gabriella

Best summer of my life!

My summer in Barcelona was amazing! I traveled to different cities, worked with amazing people, met lifelong friends, gained great work experience, tried amazing food, and discovered so much about myself. I would recommend this program to all students looking to experience something new and who want to see the world. Our program advisors were unbelievable, the city was amazing, and every single day I discovered something new and beautiful. I always found myself turning the corner and seeing something new for the first time, even if I had walked down that street before! I loved getting to know the locals and their stories, while learning about their way of life in Spain. I met people from all over the world and made great connections! Seriously the best summer of my life

Don’t be afraid to go alone! You learn so much traveling on your own and get to customize your traveling experience. You will see everything in a new light.
Eric

Barcelona Summer 2019

The program directors of Barcelona are amazing. Inma and Saskia go above and beyond to make sure that everyone is comfortable and enjoying themselves. The housing is amazing and the program directors do an amazing job pairing roommates together. The trips that they plan beforehand to destinations, such as Costa Brava and Montserrat are really enjoyable and give you the chance to experience different areas in Spain. To future participants definitely go to Montijüic for sunset with chocolate and drinks. Also Bogatell is my favorite beach. There is a nice spot where you can jump off a pier into the water. For great food for cheap Carrer de Blai has Pintchos for 1.25 Euros each. For great tapas Pepita has some of my favorites. Disfrúatalo tí@s

Go on all of the program trips. They are really beautiful and it gives you the chance to meet other people in the program.