Global Experiences Internships in Barcelona, Spain

Global Experiences Internships in Barcelona, Spain

With 15 years of internship matchmaking experience, Global Experiences offers an award winning opportunity to explore and live in Barcelona while gaining international work experience. Interning in Barcelona is a great way to expand your Spanish language skills and learn about how business is done on an international level. Barcelona is the economic center of the Catalonia region of Spain, and offers a booming variety of activities in different fields.
No matter why you're drawn to Barcelona, be it the sandy beaches, famous soccer team, or great internship opportunities, Global Experiences will work with you to match you up with an employer in your field and ensure as practical and hands on an internship as possible.

• Personalized Attention: We work with you on a personal level to understand your career interests and internship goals. Starting from the first phone call to the end of your internship, we offer you individualized support to give you all the resources you
  • Immersion Language Classes: For the first few weeks of the program you will take part in immersion-style Spanish courses to help jumpstart your internship experience in Barcelona.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving in your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with a potential employer, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in Barcelona year-round and provide interns with an insider's glimpse of the city. The Location Coordinator is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and host all of the interns on a range of
  • Guaranteed Internship: That means not having to worry about your future plans for the summer, fall, or spring or the quality of the internship. With an internship with Global Experiences we will work on your behalf to find a high-quality internship that f
Europe » Spain » Barcelona
Tourism
Resume
Phone / Skype Interview
Weekly Hours
Program fee includes: guaranteed internship placement, award winning career development with 15 hours of one-on-one coaching, social events & excursions, Spanish language courses, centralized housing, local support from staff, personalized career development and pre-departure, mobile phone, and medical/travel insurance.

Grace
Arizona State University

My Personal Experience

My experience this summer with Global Experiences was amazing. I always knew I was interested in going abroad so when I researched internships in Barcelona, I was pleased to find a program that does exactly this. Global Experiences has made my time in Spain so special. I have not only made unforgettable memories, but have also met even better people. The relationships I've formed while being abroad have been so special to me and have ultimately shaped my experience while being away for so long. Inma, our program director was also such an amazing host to have. She is so kind hearted and bended over backwards for each and every one of her students. Everyone in the program was so genuine and this was an experience I will remember for the rest of my life. I came into this program with high expectations but did not expect to leave with a comletely new outlook on the world and a drive to wanting to continue traveling. I would recommend this program to anyone wanting to go out of their comfort zone and try something new!

This program can be improved by working on housing and making sure everyone is in a good location and trying their best to provide students with some type of air conditioning.

Valeria

Summer in Barcelona!

Global Experiences made my summer abroad in Barcelona wonderful! From the moment I contacted them to learn more about the program to the moment I received my internship, GE was nothing but attentive, supportive and helpful with everything. Barcelona is such an amazing city with so much to offer! I grew not only professionally but also personally during my time here. Our program director, Inma, was exceptional at what she does. Inma was knowledgeable about all aspects of Barcelona and was always there whenever we needed her. I noticed that she continuously made sure that everyone in the program felt comfortable and enjoyed their internships and time in Barcelona. I highly recommend Global Experiences to anyone looking to intern abroad! They have exceeded my expectations!

Bennett

Summer Abroad in Barcelona

I have been pleased with all aspects of my study abroad experience with Global Experiences (GE). I remember searching for programs in Barcelona, and I wasn't aware of GE, and I contacted their office to learn more about their program. After talking to their representatives and finding out what the program provides, I knew I had to sign up immediately. I was very impressed with the amount of professional help give their participants. They were very informative with what a standard Barcelona resume and cover letter should look like. Furthermore, they set up a phone call for a professional that gave me feedback on my professional content that was going to be sent out to potential employers and me. The provided housing couldn't have been better. My job is five blocks away from my apartment, and my roommates were fantastic (thanks to the roommate survey). My internship has been exceptional not only because it is with the top pr/marketing firm in the world, Edelman, but also because of the skills and abroad connections I have made. Our Program Director, Inma, has been a god sent. She has shown great knowledge about the area and has always been there for us whether good or bad. As I near the end of my stay in Barcelona, I think back to everything I have done and experienced, and I can't thank Global Experiences enough for all that they have done. If you are looking for the summer of a lifetime, filled with personal and professional growth, this is the program for you!

N/A

Angela
Barcelona
Hofstra University

Barcelona 2017

Global experiences is great! This program gave me the professional experience I needed all while spending the summer in an amazing city! The location coordinators go out of their way to provide you with the perfect internship as well as make you feel comfortable while staying in your host city. This is an experience I'll never forget and I know it will help further my career in the future! This program has also made me realize how much I love to travel so I can't wait to come back to Barcelona one day!

Brandon

Interning in Barcelona

This was my first internship and I have to say Global experience did an awesome job. The team at GE helped me from start to finish by finding me work and accomodation. I also have to give a special thanks to Inma (GE program director for Barcelona) for helping me and all the other interns settle in our new environment and for helping us explore the amazing city that is Barcelona. I can honestly say that this experience has helped me to grow as an indivisual and as a young professional entering the work force. Coming to Barcelona I had one goal, live to embrace. With the help of GE and my fellow interns, thats exactly what I did. It is very difficult to pick one favourite moment as there was so many, but one of my favourite memories was visiting an area called Bunkers which allows you to oversee the beautiful city.

Jack
California State University- Chico

Summer in Barcelona

Global Experiences was FANTASTIC! The staff was awesome throughout the entire process from professional development to getting me an internship to the support while I was actually in Barcelona. Inma was the best program director that you could ask for, always willing to help and looking for fun things to do for you and your friends. I met people that I am sure I will be friends with for a lifetime. I wish that I could stay for longer than 2 months but I know I will be coming back soon enough. It was my first time over seas and Global Experiences made it an experience that I will absolutely never forget!

Sarah
Rochester, NY
State University of New York- Fredonia

Memorable Experiences

I had the most amazing 3 months during my Global Experiences internship. Right from the start the team works hard for you to have the preparation to make sure your GE experience is the best it can be. My placement was a perfect match, my housing was too good to be true and the group activities were always really fun! I grew so much as a young professional through my internship and had opportunities to take on more responsibility and gain skills I never thought I would. My contact in Barcelona, Inma, made sure we were comfortable and enjoying ourselves throughout the whole internship and really made it a point to build relationships with all of us in the program. I was lucky to have her as a mentor and friend - as well as a great reference for us foodies!!

I fell in love with Barcelona during my short 3 months there and I am already planning on going back to continue my adventures. I would highly recommend the Global Experiences program to anyone hesitating on taking the leap. They give you the support and skills you need to have an amazing experience working abroad. I'm so glad I heard about GE from a friend by word of mouth, I can't wait to continue to spread the word in hopes that others follow my lead in taking the jump into Global Experiences.

I really had a 10/10 experience with Global Experiences. The only thing I wish I did prior to leaving was take an intensive Spanish course at my university, it definitely would have helped in every aspect - in the workplace as well as around the city. It is something I will be working on this time before returning to sunny Barcelona!

Cristal
San Francisco de Macorís

Barcelona

Amazing!!! One of the best experiences and trip. The time that I was at work, I got to know some people plus got new experience in my field. This type of opportunity only come once in your life, and now that I got this chance I got to see what I really want to do and work in the future. This is the time to do anything you want and to get to know what you want to do in your field. Try something new and get something out of it. I had one of the best time, now is your turn.

Jeffrey
Westtown
State University of New York- Oswego

Barcelona Internship

This was one of the most amazing experiences I've had up to this point in my life. I have never been in Europe before and Global Experience gave me the greatest experience I could've asked for. Inma Lopez was an amazing advisor and planned so many different activities to get us out and about to see the extraordinary features that Barcelona has to offer. We had an activity almost every week that involved seeing historic sites, art, and also travel to a city outside of Barcelona! I highly recommend Global Experience as they gave me an unforgettable trip which I will cherish the memories of forever!

Sam
Houston

Fall Internship in Barcelona

Couldn't be happier with my decision to choose Barcelona as my host country. My internship with the architecture firm Wortmann Architects definitely met my expectations, I had a full time internship while enjoying all that Barcelona has to offer. It gave me the perfect opportunity to work in a field I am interested in and I definitely feel like it will help me land my dream job in the future.
Our Program coordinator Inma was wonderful! She was extremely knowledgeable and planned fun and educating excursions every week.
I would highly recommend Global experiences Barcelona Program to anybody looking to gain solid work experience, while at the same time enjoy the beauty of traveling abroad.

The housing was a little below par, but housing standards are lower in Barcelona than they are in America.

Stephanie
Portage, MI
Ferris State University

Best Summer!

I've tried to get abroad for years, but things kept falling through with my school. It's been a dream to live abroad and Global Experiences finally allowed that to happen for me! This summer was incredible. I saw so many amazing places that were so easy to travel to from Barcelona, and the city itself had so much going on. From incredible street performers to some of the best food I've tasted...I didn't want to leave! It's going to be impossible to beat this summer, and the cherry on top of it all was the loving and amazing Location Coordinator, Inma. She helped make sure this was the best summer ever!

Nicholas
Rochester, New York
State University of New York- Potsdam

Spain GE Internship

There is a vast amount of different places and people in the world, and being able to see some of the many cultures I did in my time in Europe allowed me to see many different lifestyles and customs and was able to immerse myself in areas I was not used to. Our world is so incomprehensibly huge, and how many people have lived on this planet, how many buildings, pieces of art, stories, scientific discoveries, etc have been contributed. I finally saw this first hand, and found a greater appreciation for other cultures as well as my own. It is very easy to get stuck in a bubble living our day to day lives, but being abroad teaches you there is so much more out there. I find that my perspective is much more open in all areas because of this experience. No matter where you go in this world there will always be people that you meet that turn into friends and acquaintances. This process may be difficult abroad but in the long run the people you meet abroad can change you forever. From small talks in a coffee shop with a stranger, a late night drink with a group of Australians in a Hostel in Italy to co-workers, and groups of girls from France in a nightclub, and so forth. You learn about culture, cool spots you never heard of, stories, and new perspectives of things you otherwise would have never known on your own because you all come from a different background and are headed a different direction but when you cross paths it is a truly amazing thing to hear how they got to where they are and where they are going and everything in between etc. Being in this program is an investment for your future. The things you learn and grow by doing this internship abroad are priceless as well as the marketable skills of a job and internship experience.

I did not have any major things I would have changed about this program, they include social activities which makes getting accustomed to the area easier so they could include more maybe but hey already do a significant amount

Duncan
Barcelona, Spain
Middlebury College

Wonderful Summer Experience

I had a fantastic experience this Summer working as an intern for a public relations firm in Barcelona. Global Experiences took care of all of the networking for me and helped match me with the perfect employer long before going abroad, and also found me housing in a great spot in the city. I doubt I would've been able to get an internship like this and had such a great experience without a very legit agency, and Global Experiences gave me everything I could've asked for!

Present the option to live alongside natives of the country, to be able to give full language and cultural immersion to those who really want it.

Dominique
New-Brunswick, Canada
Université de Moncton

Best of both worlds! Work experience and travelling

Global Experiences is THE program for you! This experience is an investment that will give you the opportunity to work in an awesome company as an intern, have fun in a new city, learn a new language, meet new people and have the best team to help you before and during the program. Finding an internship and a good place to stay is an easy and fun process with Global Experiences! What else can you ask for? If you wonder if you should sign up or not, I say do something for you and your future...Challenge your limits, don't miss this opportunity and sign up! It's so worth it! The last 12 weeks have been perfect and every single day was an adventure! I loved it!

Devin
Im from Maryland...
Salisbury University

Great Program

It was a great program! one of the biggest things was our location coordinator! she couldn't have been more amazing or more helpful ... i had a problem with my housing and she talked to me multiple times a day keeping me updated on stuff and got me moved to a apartment that was 10 times better then my first one! She was so great and when it comes down to it, Location Coordinators are everything when it comes to picking a program!

I would change the process for signing up, it uses drop box which i was un familiar with but after you learn how to use drop box it was fine!

Daryn
Barcelona, Spain
West Virginia University

Perfect for Recent Grads

My semester with Global Experiences was the perfect way to gain international business experience, improve my Spanish, live in a new culture, and make incredible friends from all over the world. My internship placement was ideal and really suited my request for public relations/event planning. It was a great opportunity to learn more about the industry, while also gaining a global business perspective. I think it will be the perfect addition to my resume and will stand out to future employers.

I really appreciated having a staff member on location in Barcelona to help with any issues. We were definitely given freedom and expected to take care of ourselves as young professionals, but knowing I had someone who spoke the language fluently and knew the culture better than me was a huge relief. Plus, our social outings were always a blast!

Overall, I had an incredible experience. Compared to typical study abroad programs where students are basically exchanging one college atmosphere for another, I really appreciated getting to live and work as a professional in a new place. I think it was more immersive and propelled my professional growth. Also, it was a perfect transition after graduating, but before entering the (paid) work force! I would recommend Global Experiences to anyone, especially recent graduates, for a semester you will never forget.

Language school was one of my favorite parts of the semester, and I wish it could have lasted longer!

Alexandra
Mansfield, Ohio
Ashland University

Quality Program

Finding a program you can trust through the internet is always difficult, however, when there is great staff like the staff at Global Experience you can tell you've found a quality program! I sent out multiple requests for various programs throughout Europe and Global Experience was the best at communication and had the best deal for the money. The staff gave me personal feedback on my resume and cover letter multiple times, which was extremely helpful. They always were prompt to respond to my emails and helped me prepare for my interview with my future employers. Upon arrival, I discovered I had been placed in a beautiful apartment in the city with a short trip to work. My internship was in the center of the city and I grew exponentially through the tasks I was given. I learned many new things about sustaining a company as I had the privilege to work directly with the founder of the company. Along the way, the staff I had originally coordinated with in the US kept in contact to ask about how I was doing. The lady in Barcelona was amazing. I could call her at any time and find help and the excursions she planned were unbelievable. We went to a beautiful beach, Casa Batllo, a Flamenco show, a bike tour around the city, and did many other things. Global experiences description of these events on their website as "social outings" did not do them justice. I almost did not want to go when I heard we had option "social outings," but I am so glad I did. They were so much fun and the lady on site was easy to talk with and we had many great times together! Overall, the program was one of my favorites (I've done many different study abroad programs).

I would definitely change how they market the "social outings." -That name is horrible and does not do it justice. We were out sightseeing and having so much fun! It wasn't an old lady in a room trying to make the interns play games together... It was things I would have done on my own anyways, but was able to do with all of my friends!
Also, making the language school in the beginning optional for a reduced cost. I would have love to taken the class, but unfortunately my study abroad program in France directly before did not allow me to arrive on time for the class & I was not given a reduced rate. They were extremely kind to let me arrive late and still do an internship and for that I was thankful.

Shannon
Carrollton, Georgia
Georgia State University

Everlasting Experiences!!!

I must say that making the decision to become an intern in Barcelona, Spain has been the best yet! I have had an amazing experience in all aspects. I have amazing roommates who will become lifelong friends and live in an amazingly located apartment walking distance to everything. My internship is coming to an end, which is sad but exciting because I have the opportunity to travel beyond Spain for a couple of weeks and actually be a tourist for a while. I have enjoyed the company in which I have been working for and have learned so much about the event industry that will be a huge benefit down the road. I have had the opportunity to work the largest Mobile World Congress trade show to date, which brought the city 85,000 people and an untold amount of revenue. With that being said, I thank Global Experiences and their staff for making this internship amazing and an experience that I will never forget.

Abroad4life
San Marcos, California
California State University- San Marcos

Not Worth the Money

Global Experiences is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. From the start there was little to no helpful communication. Once they got their money.. all $7,000 of it, the communication seemed to slowly disappear. There was no help coming into Barcelona either. No help on how to get to the residence, what was expected, etc. To start, our accommodation was bottom level garbage. The rooms were unfairly small, the kitchen was full of mold and the bathroom was always flooded, muddy or left with no toilet paper, there was no food provided even though most of the other students in the building received food that was made in the building. The Spanish school only cost about $200 so I don't understand where my money went. The only thing about my program that I loved was my job. It was amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better company. Once I told my bosses about my experience with Global Experiences they declared they would never use Global Experiences again.

The problems got so bad that when we (we being all 10 students of our program) complained about our accommodation and how we were being treated, they ignored us, treated us disrespectfully and in the upmost unprofessional manner. They threatened my job only because I asked for the cost breakdown. From then I had not spoken one word with the Global Experiences home office. I feel mistreated, taken advantage of and robbed of $7,000. With the extensive amount of programs offering internships abroad I would rank Global Experiences on the bottom.

Response from Global Experiences

We're sorry that you had some troubles during your experience with some of the supplemental parts of the program. GE's previous housing was a highly recommended building on par with student housing in Barcelona, but we've since moved our housing to a nicer facility with better amenities. Things like no AC are common in Barcelona and were communicated beforehand, though we have moved to ensure it is now part of the program.

Our intensive 2-4 weeks of Spanish language training included in the programs at a top school remain intact, and is absolutely a greater cost than stated.

As for responsiveness, the Global Experiences team is comprised of world travelers ourselves, and we're here to pass along great experiences, and overcome any obstacles with our 24/7 staff and support structure. Our primary focus is a fantastic customized internship, and we're glad that you had a great professional work experience!

We have an extensive pre-departure preparation stage to give students the right expectations before they go, and unfortunately we find that students who do not participate have differing expectations about what life will be like abroad. Maturity and the right expectations are key to success in any endeavor, and thousands of Global Experiences alumni can attest to the big picture benefits of the GE program. We're sorry that you had some hiccups along the way, and we're constantly striving to improve our programs!

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and enhance their futures professionally. Along with