Global Experiences Internships in Barcelona, Spain

Barcelona is home to miles of sandy beaches, one of the world's most well-known soccer teams, and an endless number of experiences to have. The economic center of Catalonia offers a wide range of internships in nearly every career field. As an international intern, you’ll have the chance to immerse in everything about Spanish culture.

You’ll have the opportunity to work in your approved career field all while enjoying everything Barcelona has to offer. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals. We’ll support you every step of the way to make sure your Barcelona internship is an experience you’ll never forget.

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences' program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We want this experience to be as fulfilling as possible. From the first phone call, we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Centralized Housing: You’ll be living in accommodations centrally located in Barcelona with other Global Experiences' interns. Your housing will have access to public transportation, ensuring it is easy to get to and from your internship.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with potential employers, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in Barcelona year-round and provides interns with an insider's glimpse of the city. The LC is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and takes all the interns on a range of social events.

They are unpaid internships

Kaicey

What a Summer!

Global Experiences was a growing experience packed with sooooooo much fun. It pushed me to travel more, enhance my Spanish-speaking skills and meet new people. For me, this is an experience that I will forever be grateful for. This program has allowed me to learn more about Spanish culture and understand a different way of life than my own. Everyday I was learning something new about Barcelona. My program directors really made my summer worth every penny and were extremely helpful with everything. They were the main reason why this summer was unforgettable.

I wish there were more group events. It's hard to see other people in the program at times because most participants are working different hours for their internships.
Ebony

Best Summer EVER

Wow. What an amazing summer. When I signed up for this program I had no idea it was going to be so life changing. I have loved every minute since stepping out of the plane to this beautiful city. Inma, Saskia and all the other interns made the time here worth every single penny. All the social events, the traveling, and just the overall memories have shaped me into a better global citizen and I will be forever grateful for my time here. It's amazing how immersed we get into this whole different culture and I can't help but fall more and more in love with Barcelona. It's gonna be hard leaving, but I know for a fact that I will be back!

Consistent internships for all interns.
David

Amazing Experience

GE has provided me with an experience that I will never forget. The internship placement, the social events, and just the overall immersion of the culture made it worth every single moment. I highly recommend taking advantage of this opportunity because it allows you to grow professionally and culturally. My only regret is not being here longer to explore more of this amazing city. Many thanks to Inma and Saskia, our program advisors, for being so attentive to everyones needs.

Daniel

Unforgettable

Global Experience is the best program that I could have asked for to plan out this whole experience. From the internship to the housing to the planned group trips I could not have had a more perfect time in Barcelona thanks to Global Experiences. I traveled the world, met amazing people, and got the best internship experience that I could have gotten. If you have the opportunity to do this you better not miss out.

Ryan

Best experience of my life

If you want to have the most fun you will ever have, if you want to live in a paradise, if you want to intern in the heart of Barcelona then you have to use Global Experiences. GE will place you in an internship that will fit your career interests and they will ensure that you have the time of your life. While they are ensuring you are having a great time, they also are always there for each and every one of us whether it be personal or professional. The people who work for GE are some of the best people I have ever met in my life and I recommend this organization 100 times over.

To be completely honest, I have nothing negative to say about this program and I wish I could give constructive criticism, but I have none.
Declan

Barcelona Summer Internship

Wow, what a great experience! I will be forever thankful for the friends, partners, mentors, and relationships that I have made this summer, all possible because of Global Experiences! The program advisors offered us multiple events all throughout the summer to get us away from the workplace and really experience Barcelona. I now have lifelong friends because of my exceptional time here - thanks for everything!!!

Isobel

Summer in Barcelona

I could have not asked for a better summer! My internship placement worked out really well and I got a chance to improve my skills and develop new ones. I worked in betahaus which is an amazing collaborative working space where you can hear so many languages spoken all day; it really feels like an international environment(One of my supervisors is Italian an the other French and they spoke Spanish to each other!). Not to mention Barcelona is full of places to explore and Spain is one of the most beautiful countries and getting to explore on the weekends and after work was definitely one of my favorite things to do! I also had the chance to practice my Spanish throughout the whole summer and I've become much more confident! Inma and Saskia were also amazing, very helpful and supportive throughout the entire summer. The memories I made on this trip will last a lifetime!

Aron

Intern in Barcelona

Working in Barcelona is an unbelievable experience. The environment and culture is perfect for interns because employers value your ideas and input. It’s also an amazing place to build new relationships, grow as a person, and have an absurd amount of fun. GE does a great job matching you with roommates who will feel like family by the end of the program. Inma and Saskia were always there if we needed help and the events they planned for us were a great time. I feel like I learned a ton and have gained valuable tools to help me in all my future endeavors. I’d recommend interning in Barcelona to anyone. You are guaranteed to fall in love with the city and the culture. I can’t wait to go back!

Internship placements could be even more specific to your field of study.
Maddie

Summer Internship in Barcelona, Spain 2018

This program was definitely a major growing experience for me and I will be forever thankful that I had the experience to travel throughout and work in Spain. It has shaped the way that I now see the world. As an international business major, an abroad experience was almost necessary for me and I'm so happy I chose this program. From the amazing roommates, planned group trips, accommodations, and staff, to the intense yet informative internship, I truly do not think that there was a better option for me to enroll in. I have learned so much about the field of my internship and a new culture, which never would have been feasible had I simply studied abroad or got a domestic internship.
Not every part of the experience was fun and games, but everything that happened has helped me to grow into a more independent and resilient person. Even though you go without family or friends, you make new ones with those working in your program and the program site advisors help you every step of the way.
My favorite memory was when 13 interns and I took a weekend trip to Morocco and spent the night in the dessert. Even though it was only a two hour flight, it felt like we were in a different world. The best part was that all of my best friends were there to experience it with me.
Lastly, if I could give future interns some tips, it would be to budget your time and money, get out as much as possible, and to call back home at least once a week. I would also recommend to be completely honest on your roommate and job survey, so that you get the best opportunities for new friendships and necessary job experience as possible.

Plan one over night visit!?
Laith

Wonderful City and Professional Experience. Definitely worth it.

My time here in Barcelona has been irreplaceable. The amount of care and input put into the internship placements and events really integrates you well into the friendly city, and allows you to quickly start to embrace Catalan culture. The Global Experience team is extremely nice, as well as the work environment in Barcelona. Much more than expected, people from all over the world are happy to socialize and chat. You will definitely make a lot of friends from all over the world, and valuable professional connections and skills throughout your time here. Barcelona is a city which allows you to enjoy your work in a professional environment, and have a nice time exploring the rich architecture, culture, and foods of the diverse city. It is an experience like non other. Highly recommended and worth every penny.
Tips for when you come here: Don't be afraid to explore just outside Barcelona, or other countries as well. I had an amazing trip to Morocco, and many others went to Portugal, France, Croatia, and the Netherlands (Amsterdam). Europe and other close countries are in your grasp. Go for it - you can't regret it.

Laith

Wonderful City and Professional Experience. Definitely worth it.

Halle

Vale! Vale!

Immerse yourself in the culture of Catalunya! Inma and Saski made this program a success from start to finish! Global Experiences made this an easy process starting with enrollment, skills training, resume and cover letter building, through being placed in an amazing apartment with great roommates and fun excursions planned! My advice to anyone thinking about coming to Barcelona is to make the most of your time in the city and learn as much as you can! I was placed in a finance internship per my request and worked in a coworking space in the Gracía neighborhood. I met so many different people from around the world and learned alot in my internship. I worked for a FinTech Startup company that specializes in all social and copy trading platforms. I worked in the Beta Haus with 8 other GE interns who worked for other companies here. During your free time, make sure to explore new neighborhoods or "barrios", find new clubs, restaurants, bars, etc. Rent a bike, hike, run and find the hidden gems of Barcelona! You can never be bored in this city because there is always something to do. If it is within your budget take some weekend trips to other countries, but don't worry if you can't because Spain has so much to offer. During my time here, I stayed in Barcelona and found things to do every weekend. I planned a day excursion with a group of people and went to a winery, went to Barcelona Beach Festival, took the train to Montserrat to hike, and other beach towns. The train can take you anywhere in Spain so use it to your advantage. You should never be bored in beautiful Barcelona! Have fun and don't forget to learn some Spanish while you're here! Vale! Vale!

More scholarship offered. I applied and didn't receive anything and I was in financial need. I decided to do the program to help build my resume and open up opportunities for future careers.
Allison

An adventure within itself

Ever since I had spent a day in Barcelona in 2014, I knew that I would be back. What I didn't know was that this city would captivate me entirely, and that my time here would be one of the most satisfying and rewarding experiences that I've had so far.

From day one, the staff at Global Experiences has provided a friendly and personal atmosphere where I never felt left behind or that my questions were ignored. From leaving my home country to arriving in Barcelona, the staff at Global Experiences have been with me the whole way. My location coordinator, Inma, made sure that I felt prepared and confident in the city, and her years of experience helped to resolve any worries I had before I even knew that I had them. She was very in touch with her students on a personal level, from helping us figure out the Metro on our first day, to giving us a warm, honest goodbye on our last.

It was refreshing to see how much care and effort Inma puts into her job. Each excursion that she lead was just as fun and interesting as the last - so much so that it's hard to choose a favorite! Each event was well rounded, in that it endowed us with an in depth knowledge of the history of the place, recommendations on what to do there, and time for us to explore on our own. From famous places such as Montserrat, to the small, local town of Valls, Inma was with us to further develop our knowledge and appreciation of Spain and it's culture. The excursions were a definite highlight of my abroad experience and an aspect unique to Global Experiences.

Alston

I'd Do It All Over Again

The three months I spent in Barcelona will undoubtedly prove to be one of the most invaluable experiences of my life. I left a city I fell in love with with a new perspective on my own professional aspirations, the world in general, and my place within it. Through guidance and continual support, Global Experiences helped me grow as a person, exposed me to a new culture, and pushed me to be the best young professional that I can be. So, if you’re on the fence, or are scared of the uncertainty, DON’T BE! You’re signing up for an adventure of a lifetime. I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Eboni

Jump start your career

This program allows you to jump start your career and truly be independent. Working in a whole new city much less a whole new country can be very overwhelming. But the people at Global Experience really help you to put your best foot forward and really immerse yourself in the new culture! They were super helpful and reliable from start to finish. I am so grateful to have had this amazing opportunity. I was left with life long memories, friends and added work experience.
I learned to make a classic mojito at the Bacardi house, explored Girona, indulged in churros con chocolate and walked the beautiful Sitges beach. I also got to work with an amazing company called Social Coin alongside brilliant and talented individuals from multiple backgrounds. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything!

About Global Experiences

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and...