Global Experiences Internships in Barcelona, Spain

With over 16 years of internship matchmaking experience, Global Experiences offers an award winning opportunity to explore and live in Barcelona while gaining international work experience.

Interning in Barcelona is a great way to expand your Spanish language skills and learn about how business is done on an international level. Barcelona is the economic center of the Catalonia region of Spain, and offers a booming variety of activities in different fields.

No matter why you're drawn to Barcelona, be it the sandy beaches, famous soccer team, or great internship opportunities, Global Experiences will work with you to match you up with an employer in your field and ensure as practical and hands on an internship as possible.

• Personalized Attention: We work with you on a personal level to understand your career interests and internship goals. Starting from the first phone call to the end of your internship, we offer you individualized support to give you all the resources you
  • Immersion Language Classes: For the first few weeks of the program you will take part in immersion-style Spanish courses to help jumpstart your internship experience in Barcelona.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving in your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with a potential employer, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in Barcelona year-round and provide interns with an insider's glimpse of the city. The Location Coordinator is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and host all of the interns on a range of
  • Guaranteed Internship: That means not having to worry about your future plans for the summer, fall, or spring or the quality of the internship. With an internship with Global Experiences we will work on your behalf to find a high-quality internship that f

They are unpaid internships

Allison

An adventure within itself

Ever since I had spent a day in Barcelona in 2014, I knew that I would be back. What I didn't know was that this city would captivate me entirely, and that my time here would be one of the most satisfying and rewarding experiences that I've had so far.

From day one, the staff at Global Experiences has provided a friendly and personal atmosphere where I never felt left behind or that my questions were ignored. From leaving my home country to arriving in Barcelona, the staff at Global Experiences have been with me the whole way. My location coordinator, Inma, made sure that I felt prepared and confident in the city, and her years of experience helped to resolve any worries I had before I even knew that I had them. She was very in touch with her students on a personal level, from helping us figure out the Metro on our first day, to giving us a warm, honest goodbye on our last.

It was refreshing to see how much care and effort Inma puts into her job. Each excursion that she lead was just as fun and interesting as the last - so much so that it's hard to choose a favorite! Each event was well rounded, in that it endowed us with an in depth knowledge of the history of the place, recommendations on what to do there, and time for us to explore on our own. From famous places such as Montserrat, to the small, local town of Valls, Inma was with us to further develop our knowledge and appreciation of Spain and it's culture. The excursions were a definite highlight of my abroad experience and an aspect unique to Global Experiences.

Alston

I'd Do It All Over Again

The three months I spent in Barcelona will undoubtedly prove to be one of the most invaluable experiences of my life. I left a city I fell in love with with a new perspective on my own professional aspirations, the world in general, and my place within it. Through guidance and continual support, Global Experiences helped me grow as a person, exposed me to a new culture, and pushed me to be the best young professional that I can be. So, if you’re on the fence, or are scared of the uncertainty, DON’T BE! You’re signing up for an adventure of a lifetime. I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Eboni

Jump start your career

This program allows you to jump start your career and truly be independent. Working in a whole new city much less a whole new country can be very overwhelming. But the people at Global Experience really help you to put your best foot forward and really immerse yourself in the new culture! They were super helpful and reliable from start to finish. I am so grateful to have had this amazing opportunity. I was left with life long memories, friends and added work experience.
I learned to make a classic mojito at the Bacardi house, explored Girona, indulged in churros con chocolate and walked the beautiful Sitges beach. I also got to work with an amazing company called Social Coin alongside brilliant and talented individuals from multiple backgrounds. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything!

Adelaide

Best Internship Program!

My overall program experience with Global Experiences has been truly amazing. This program has not only given me the ability to gain work exposure in a field of my interest but has also allowed me to see and live in Europe. My advisor here in Barcelona helped me obtain an internship that was the perfect fit for me and was in a field of great interest. But GE is so much more than an internship, GE went above and beyond than what was expected. From the very beginning the amount that was offered by this program amazed me. For instance, before I even got my internship a group of professionals were helping me with strengths tests, resumes, cover letters, and interview prep. The people at GE truly go out of their way to make sure you get the most out of your experience.

Once arriving to Barcelona the location staff was great! I am happy to say that our GE advisor here was more like a friend/mom than just your average advisor. She took us under her wing showing us how the city works and what we needed to know to exceed and have an amazing time during our stay. Furthermore, during our stay she took us on countless social events that were included in the program such as day trips up the coast of Spain, tours, cooking classes, and dinners. When we had a problem and or an issue that was out of our hands GE was there to help. I recommend GE to anyone that is considering an internship abroad. Global Experiences will not fail to exceed your expectations and like me you will walk out with an amazing experience and the best kind of work exposure you can find.

Grace

My Personal Experience

My experience this summer with Global Experiences was amazing. I always knew I was interested in going abroad so when I researched internships in Barcelona, I was pleased to find a program that does exactly this. Global Experiences has made my time in Spain so special. I have not only made unforgettable memories, but have also met even better people. The relationships I've formed while being abroad have been so special to me and have ultimately shaped my experience while being away for so long. Inma, our program director was also such an amazing host to have. She is so kind hearted and bended over backwards for each and every one of her students. Everyone in the program was so genuine and this was an experience I will remember for the rest of my life. I came into this program with high expectations but did not expect to leave with a comletely new outlook on the world and a drive to wanting to continue traveling. I would recommend this program to anyone wanting to go out of their comfort zone and try something new!

This program can be improved by working on housing and making sure everyone is in a good location and trying their best to provide students with some type of air conditioning.
Valeria

Summer in Barcelona!

Global Experiences made my summer abroad in Barcelona wonderful! From the moment I contacted them to learn more about the program to the moment I received my internship, GE was nothing but attentive, supportive and helpful with everything. Barcelona is such an amazing city with so much to offer! I grew not only professionally but also personally during my time here. Our program director, Inma, was exceptional at what she does. Inma was knowledgeable about all aspects of Barcelona and was always there whenever we needed her. I noticed that she continuously made sure that everyone in the program felt comfortable and enjoyed their internships and time in Barcelona. I highly recommend Global Experiences to anyone looking to intern abroad! They have exceeded my expectations!

Bennett

Summer Abroad in Barcelona

I have been pleased with all aspects of my study abroad experience with Global Experiences (GE). I remember searching for programs in Barcelona, and I wasn't aware of GE, and I contacted their office to learn more about their program. After talking to their representatives and finding out what the program provides, I knew I had to sign up immediately. I was very impressed with the amount of professional help give their participants. They were very informative with what a standard Barcelona resume and cover letter should look like. Furthermore, they set up a phone call for a professional that gave me feedback on my professional content that was going to be sent out to potential employers and me. The provided housing couldn't have been better. My job is five blocks away from my apartment, and my roommates were fantastic (thanks to the roommate survey). My internship has been exceptional not only because it is with the top pr/marketing firm in the world, Edelman, but also because of the skills and abroad connections I have made. Our Program Director, Inma, has been a god sent. She has shown great knowledge about the area and has always been there for us whether good or bad. As I near the end of my stay in Barcelona, I think back to everything I have done and experienced, and I can't thank Global Experiences enough for all that they have done. If you are looking for the summer of a lifetime, filled with personal and professional growth, this is the program for you!

N/A
Angela

Barcelona 2017

Global experiences is great! This program gave me the professional experience I needed all while spending the summer in an amazing city! The location coordinators go out of their way to provide you with the perfect internship as well as make you feel comfortable while staying in your host city. This is an experience I'll never forget and I know it will help further my career in the future! This program has also made me realize how much I love to travel so I can't wait to come back to Barcelona one day!

Brandon

Interning in Barcelona

This was my first internship and I have to say Global experience did an awesome job. The team at GE helped me from start to finish by finding me work and accomodation. I also have to give a special thanks to Inma (GE program director for Barcelona) for helping me and all the other interns settle in our new environment and for helping us explore the amazing city that is Barcelona. I can honestly say that this experience has helped me to grow as an indivisual and as a young professional entering the work force. Coming to Barcelona I had one goal, live to embrace. With the help of GE and my fellow interns, thats exactly what I did. It is very difficult to pick one favourite moment as there was so many, but one of my favourite memories was visiting an area called Bunkers which allows you to oversee the beautiful city.

Jack

Summer in Barcelona

Global Experiences was FANTASTIC! The staff was awesome throughout the entire process from professional development to getting me an internship to the support while I was actually in Barcelona. Inma was the best program director that you could ask for, always willing to help and looking for fun things to do for you and your friends. I met people that I am sure I will be friends with for a lifetime. I wish that I could stay for longer than 2 months but I know I will be coming back soon enough. It was my first time over seas and Global Experiences made it an experience that I will absolutely never forget!

Sarah

Memorable Experiences

I had the most amazing 3 months during my Global Experiences internship. Right from the start the team works hard for you to have the preparation to make sure your GE experience is the best it can be. My placement was a perfect match, my housing was too good to be true and the group activities were always really fun! I grew so much as a young professional through my internship and had opportunities to take on more responsibility and gain skills I never thought I would. My contact in Barcelona, Inma, made sure we were comfortable and enjoying ourselves throughout the whole internship and really made it a point to build relationships with all of us in the program. I was lucky to have her as a mentor and friend - as well as a great reference for us foodies!!

I fell in love with Barcelona during my short 3 months there and I am already planning on going back to continue my adventures. I would highly recommend the Global Experiences program to anyone hesitating on taking the leap. They give you the support and skills you need to have an amazing experience working abroad. I'm so glad I heard about GE from a friend by word of mouth, I can't wait to continue to spread the word in hopes that others follow my lead in taking the jump into Global Experiences.

I really had a 10/10 experience with Global Experiences. The only thing I wish I did prior to leaving was take an intensive Spanish course at my university, it definitely would have helped in every aspect - in the workplace as well as around the city. It is something I will be working on this time before returning to sunny Barcelona!
Cristal

Barcelona

Amazing!!! One of the best experiences and trip. The time that I was at work, I got to know some people plus got new experience in my field. This type of opportunity only come once in your life, and now that I got this chance I got to see what I really want to do and work in the future. This is the time to do anything you want and to get to know what you want to do in your field. Try something new and get something out of it. I had one of the best time, now is your turn.

Jeffrey

Barcelona Internship

This was one of the most amazing experiences I've had up to this point in my life. I have never been in Europe before and Global Experience gave me the greatest experience I could've asked for. Inma Lopez was an amazing advisor and planned so many different activities to get us out and about to see the extraordinary features that Barcelona has to offer. We had an activity almost every week that involved seeing historic sites, art, and also travel to a city outside of Barcelona! I highly recommend Global Experience as they gave me an unforgettable trip which I will cherish the memories of forever!

Sam

Fall Internship in Barcelona

Couldn't be happier with my decision to choose Barcelona as my host country. My internship with the architecture firm Wortmann Architects definitely met my expectations, I had a full time internship while enjoying all that Barcelona has to offer. It gave me the perfect opportunity to work in a field I am interested in and I definitely feel like it will help me land my dream job in the future.
Our Program coordinator Inma was wonderful! She was extremely knowledgeable and planned fun and educating excursions every week.
I would highly recommend Global experiences Barcelona Program to anybody looking to gain solid work experience, while at the same time enjoy the beauty of traveling abroad.

The housing was a little below par, but housing standards are lower in Barcelona than they are in America.
Stephanie

Best Summer!

I've tried to get abroad for years, but things kept falling through with my school. It's been a dream to live abroad and Global Experiences finally allowed that to happen for me! This summer was incredible. I saw so many amazing places that were so easy to travel to from Barcelona, and the city itself had so much going on. From incredible street performers to some of the best food I've tasted...I didn't want to leave! It's going to be impossible to beat this summer, and the cherry on top of it all was the loving and amazing Location Coordinator, Inma. She helped make sure this was the best summer ever!

About Global Experiences

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and...