View Other Details
With great influence in commerce, education, entertainment, media, fashion, and the arts, Barcelona has made its mark as a major player in the global market. Walk to work or take the metro, bus, or tram through this remarkable city of architectural and cultural wonders. Lunch is always an opportunity to sample the best of Mediterranean fare: delicious tapas, the freshest seafood, and Crema Catalana for dessert!
An IES Internship develops your professional skills, your ability to communicate across cultures, and provides substantive work experience to jump-start your career in today’s competitive job market. The optional language class increases your Spanish language proficiency and fluency. Gain vital insights into a career field, develop your international résumé, and have the opportunity to experience Barcelona's unique culture and beautiful cityscape when you intern in Barcelona.
- Before you go, we work with you to fine-tune your rsum, perfect your cover letter, and hone your communication and interview skills as we prepare you for working in a new cultural environment.
- You'll be guaranteed a placement at a local business or organization where you will work up to 40 hours a week.
- Develop your professional skills and gain substantive work experience to jump-start your career in today's competitive job market.
- Live in a student apartment with three to five other IES interns in mostly double or triple rooms. Live-in Spanish Resident Assistants (RAs) guide you in cultural integration.
- Get to know Barcelona through extracurricular activities and cultural events.
IES Abroad Scholarships and Financial Aid
Financial limitations shouldn't prevent you from studying abroad with us. That's why IES Abroad offers more than $6 million in scholarships and aid. IES Abroad offers a number of diversity scholarships and grants to provide opportunities for traditionally underrepresented communities in study abroad.
The Barcelona Summer Internship Program is designed to help you develop your Spanish language and professional skills while interning in this Mediterranean metropolis. You will enroll in a required 3- to 6-credit academic internship seminar with other IES interns that gives context to what you're learning in your placement.
As the economic and cultural hub of the Iberian Peninsula with internship placements in commerce, media, fashion and more, Barcelona is the perfect place for your semester-long internship abroad. With IES Internships, you are guaranteed an unpaid, for-credit, 12-week internship of at least 30 hours per week in a business or organization that suits your career goals. Build a global network of professional contacts and gain real-world experience, all while taking in this bustling Spanish city.