COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, IES Abroad has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.
With great influence in commerce, education, entertainment, media, fashion, and the arts, Barcelona has made its mark as a major player in the global market. Walk to work or take the metro, bus, or tram through this remarkable city of architectural and cultural wonders. Lunch is always an opportunity to sample the best of Mediterranean fare: delicious tapas, the freshest seafood, and Crema Catalana for dessert!
An IES Internship develops your professional skills, your ability to communicate across cultures, and provides substantive work experience to jump-start your career in today’s competitive job market. The optional language class increases your Spanish language proficiency and fluency.
- Before you go, we work with you to fine-tune your rsum, perfect your cover letter, and hone your communication and interview skills as we prepare you for working in a new cultural environment.
- You'll be guaranteed a placement at a local business or organization where you will work up to 40 hours a week.
- Develop your professional skills and gain substantive work experience to jump-start your career in today's competitive job market.
- Live in a student apartment with three to five other IES interns in mostly double or triple rooms. Live-in Spanish Resident Assistants (RAs) guide you in cultural integration.
- Get to know Barcelona through extracurricular activities and cultural events.
IES Abroad Scholarships and Financial Aid
As far as we're concerned, financial limitations shouldn't prevent you from studying abroad with us. That's why we offer more than $5 million in scholarships and aid.