Linguistic Horizons: Internship in Spain

Intern with a Spanish organization, improve your Spanish skills and earn up to 12 semester/18 quarter credits in one summer! All this while enjoying life in the fun beach town of La Coruña, Spain.

Internship placements are available in a wide variety of fields and are customized to the applicant. All participants must have at least a low-intermediate level of Spanish prior to starting the internship. If you need to improve your Spanish first, you may start with 5 weeks of Spanish courses and then start your internship in the second 5 week term.

In addition to an internship, participants take a Spanish course appropriate to their language level. Stay for 5 or 10 weeks over the summer while gaining international work experience in your field and improving your Spanish language skills.

• Experience authentic Spanish life away from tourists.
  • Live in a beach city surrounded by the ocean!
  • Earn credits for your internship.
  • Complete up to 12 semester credits in one summer!
  • The experience is truly immersive as you speak Spanish at home, in class and at work.

Sarah

Study Abroad

I am so glad that I did this program! The director worked so hard to make sure that the internship was exactly what I wanted and that everything would be a good fit. They also work very hard to make sure that you get the full immersion experience. You're not just an American student in a crowd of American students, you are really experiencing the lifestyle and culture while you are there. The program also cares a lot about it's students. There was always someone available for me when I was there to help me with whatever I needed, which made the experience a lot more comfortable. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Victoria

Amazing study abroad and internship summer program!

I found this program online and I am so glad that I did. My internship was amazing. I gained a lot of great experience in my field of study working for an engineering consulting company. I also took a class at the local university and further improved my spanish and learned about the rich Spanish culture. I absolutely loved living, working and studying in La Coruña. The program is super well organized. I made wonderful friends and connections to last a life time. It was definitely an experience I will never forget and that I would recommend to anyone looking to have an awesome summer experience abroad.

Hans Achtmann
Hans

One of the best experiences of my life!

I came across a Linguistic Horizons ad in a Political Science class at Santa Monica College and I'll never regret my decision. It has been one of the best experiences of my life! Living only a few blocks away from the beach and across the street from my internship with VALORA Consultores, I couldn’t have had a better location. It was four-bedroom apartment where I had my own room and lived with three other guys that I now consider my lifelong friends. A Coruña is an amazing city with amazing seafood and great people. I’ve never seen elderly people out having fun at one in the morning until my trip to Coruña.
Every weekend was a new adventure, whether it was wine country in Ribeira Sacra, San Fermin in Pamplona, visiting the beautiful city of Oporto in Portugal or learning about the history of Santiago de Compostela. Nicole, the program director, made sure there was something to see or do at all time. She made herself available at all times and never did I feel lost in a foreign country.
I highly recommend anyone that has the opportunity to study abroad whether it’s to improve your Spanish or gain new skills interning, this will be an unforgettable experience! Nicole has put together a great program, the only regret I have is not staying for the full ten-week program.

Offering a full semester program.
Christina

Do it!!

Definitely go abroad with Linguistic Horizons! I had a great time, made lifelong friends, and improved my Spanish a lot. The program costs a lot less than others that are offered through my University, and in my opinion, is a lot better than the others.
A Coruña is a safe, easily-walkable city. There is an old town, lots of great restaurants, and beaches right next to the classrooms.
Plan on being a lot more tired than you are in your country. Constantly thinking and talking in your second language is exhausting! When there were opportunities to go places on the weekends, I almost didn't want to because I was so tired all the time! Nicole organized some unforgettable weekend trips, though, (Portugal, Spanish wine country, etc.), so don't even think about missing out on those.
In this program, you get the chance to take Spanish classes from Spaniards, visit museums, and make Spanish friends. It teaches you a lot about the culture that you couldn't get from any textbook.
Nicole responds to emails pretty much immediately. She keeps her business small on purpose so that she can pay full attention to each student and make sure they're getting what they need out of the program. She's fun to be around and you get close with her quickly. She's definitely 10/10, but I rated the staff section a little lower because she left halfway through my program. I knew that I had people to contact if I needed them, but I found myself feeling a little lonely for a few weeks before I made friends at my internship.
There are so many stories and memories that I could share about the program, but instead, I'll just tell you to DO IT! Sometimes it will be hard (like any long-term abroad experience), but it'll be totally worth it.

I wish my living situation was a little more comfortable (closer to class/work, less dirty, less strangers coming in and out at night...)
I wish more people had stayed the full 10 weeks (Nicole or more classmates).

About Linguistic Horizons

Linguistic Horizons promotes language and cultural immersion through unique study abroad and customized internship programs. We provide authentic "off the beaten path" experiences. Choosing a less touristy destination provides a more authentic and...