CEA Internships in Seville, Spain

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, CEA Study Abroad has decided to pause some of their upcoming programs temporarily and may be offering flexible booking options and/or online programs as well. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Each year, almost 2 million talented and creative students (like you!) will graduate and enter the job market…at the same time. How will you set yourself up to rise above the competition and land that dream job? CEA’s internships in Seville, Spain allow you to gain the experience and skills employers seek! Access our extensive network of Seville-based companies to gain practical skills in your field, while having a life-changing experience in a city known for its down-to-earth lifestyle and diversity of internship options. Our program features a 120-hour, credit-bearing placement combined with an integrated academic seminar designed to support you over the course of your pre-professional experience in Seville. Tailored placements help you to meet your academic and professional goals; outside of work, CEA provides award-winning support and service at each step, including housing and social activities.

CEA Scholarships
CEA Scholarships and Financial Aid

Studying abroad will change your life, improve your employability, and enhance your global competence. That's why we commit more than $2.0 million each year to our financial and scholarship programs.

$400 - $3,000

catherine

My dream internship

I could not have asked for a better internship placement. It is exactly in the industry that I want and gave me really valuable insight into non-profit work. The staff I worked under were incredibly kind and patient. They had no problem helping me navigate through my tasks and cultural misunderstandings. I learned so much more than technical skills. My on-site staff at CEA (my coordinator Caro and professor Kevin) were so helpful and helped me keep going even when the semester got really hard. It was really interesting to see how culture impacts the work environment. Everyone was very flexible with my schedule so that I could work, attend classes and travel on my weekends. I also enjoyed the excursions CEA took us on in southern Spain and in Morrocco.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would have fewer expectations about my host city coming in.
Amanda

Unforgettable Internship Experience in Seville

My name is Amanda and I’m a Global Communications student at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee studying in Sevilla, Spain for the Fall 2017 semester. I’ve always had an interest in the entertainment industry and in particular, media like film and television. CEA helped me to secure the internship of a lifetime and I'm so grateful.

My internship was at an audiovisual production company in Sevilla, Indalo y Media, and it has turned out to be an invaluable experience for me. Indalo y Media partners with Canal Sur to produce well-known Spanish TV shows such as “La Tarde Aqui y Ahora”, the one that I primarily work on. My colleagues were all very sweet and loved to joke around and laugh with each other, even in a high stakes setting like filming a live production. It wasn't a highly formal work environment, though there were levels of hierarchy and everyone knew one another’s role, it felt like a tight-knit community.

As an intern there, I mainly assisted with the production crew and my duties change according to the daily production needs. What remained constant, however, is that I helped move set pieces when needed during live filming, arrange the set, assist in creating gifts for the audience and invited guests, help unload donated food, and made sure to provide the audience and crew members with water.

Overall, I feel that I have learned so many valuable skills from this international internship experience that I will be able to carry with me wherever I go and will serve me in any context. After living outside of my comfort zone for four months in a foreign country and foreign workplace, my confidence has grown immensely. I know that I have what it takes to adapt, learn, be humble, ask questions, and thrive in an unfamiliar setting. I didn’t quit when I faced challenges or when things got difficult – I persevered. I know that I have a lot of offer and feel confident in my ability to meet and surpass expectations in a future internship in the United States.

Through my internship I have learned to be flexible, adaptable, think in a globally-minded manner, improve my Spanish comprehension and oral skills, to be prepared to work in a multicultural setting, and to embrace and represent company values. I have learned the importance of taking initiative and finding my own sense of internal motivation. It was a big challenge to see other Spanish interns be able to understand and perform at a higher level than me, building trust faster, developing relationships, handling tasks with more proficiency. It was hard on my self-esteem at first, but then I remembered that it was I who had put myself in another culture, willing to challenge my sense of comfort and sense of humility. I know that if they had come to the United States to do what I do, they would be struggling just as much if not more.

I built a stronger sense of self-confidence, the ability to achieve consensus with a group of people, tolerance for ambiguity, a deeper sense empathy for second language learners and those travel to foreign countries to live and work, communicative awareness, and higher respect for others. Despite cultural differences, potential language barriers and geographical distance, I have learned that people all around the world are generally the same – we all experience the same emotions, fears, insecurities, and sense of belonging. With the little exposure to foreign elements and people that many of my coworkers had, they welcomed me with open arms and warm hearts and I am very grateful.

None of this would've been possible without the help of Caro, the Internship Coordinator, and all the other staff at CEA.

Intercambio exchange program can be improved upon as well as the academic partnership with UPO which as a university is not very organized.