International Internships with NGOs Across Europe

An internship with Serve the City will provide you with an experience that will change you forever! Whether you are interested in learning more about the non-profit sector in general, project management, fundraising or more traditional business practices, Serve the City can use your skills.

We are an extremely entrepreneurial organization that values the unique talents and participation of every person who works with us. We encourage you to know yourself and your passions so you can learn to enjoy work and not just go to work!

Serve the City treats interns as a vital part of our family and we ensure that your work is both meaningful and productive.

If you want to experience working in Europe with an international organization which will broaden your horizons, Serve the City is for you. You can choose to work in Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Amsterdam, Brussels or Dublin!

• Pricing starting from as little as €3.240 for 6 weeks
  • Choose from six European cities to intern!
  • Book directly with your placement destination, no middle man
  • Prices include accommodation in shared rooms
  • Prices include orientation, meals and supervision and training

Mia

Wonderful Global Internship Experience

Working with Serve the City Madrid has hands down been my favorite internship. From the beginning, the staff worked with me to learn about my goals of the internship and what I wanted to learn and accomplish, and helped me become acclimated with the Madrid area. It was a great opportunity to learn about the operations of an NGO, especially with the international component and learning about Spanish culture, and I cannot stress how wonderful, approachable and fun the staff is.

Sammie

Serve the City

I had an internship with serve the city for about 2 months and had an incredible experience. The team was very up beat and friendly and we quickly became a family. If I could go back and experience it all over again I would in a heart beat. I came into Madrid with a group of girls I hardly knew and my best friend from home and I can definitely say having at least one person you know helps a lot with homesickness however going by yourself could be a ton of fun too. Working with serve the city we got to go out into the city and volunteer our time fixing up a safe home for individuals who did not have one. I have always been the volunteer type but volunteering in a different country was a new experience for me and one I will never forget. Another project we got to do as a team was put on a fundraiser and I have to say this was a huge success after raising over 1000€!!!! It was a great accomplishment!

ADEEP SINGH

6 WEEKS INTERNSHIP WITH SERVE THE CITY MADRID

Internship with Serve the City Madrid was one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life.
Although it seems quite intimidating to live in a new country with no knowledge of language or culture, but with STC Madrid, I felt at home from the very first day.

STC Madrid office was managed very professionally. Warren really made an effort to understand what you wanted to achieve out of the internship. He made sure that time spent with STC resulted in something meaningful. He paid attention to all the interns individually and chalked out tasks that matched their working style. The entire team of STC Madrid is really dedicated and focussed. STC Madrid is connected to about 40 local NGOs and is part of Serve the City Organisation which is spread across the globe.

We were living in a shared accommodation and the house had all the basic necessities one could ask. The public transportation in madrid is very well organised and the bus stop is right next to the house. The House Coordinators brief you the moment you arrive and provide amazing support throughout the programme. All the meals were served on the weekdays and Melody, would prepare food separately if you had any dietary restrictions (No Gluten, No Lactose, Vegan etc). Since you live with peers from all around the globe, you learn a lot. Trust me, there was never a dull moment at the house and you will end up making a lot of friends.

Madrid has a vibrant nightlife and people throughout the city are really helpful. If you know Spanish, its an advantage and even if you don't, Spanish lessons can be arranged.
I would certainly recommend this program. Amazing memories for life!

Profile picture
Fiona

Amazing experience, would highly recommend!

If you are looking for an internship that provides hands on experience in NGO work then Serve the City Madrid is the perfect program for you. The Serve the City team is welcoming to all participants and ensures that all interns work on interesting and informative projects. You will improve your skill sets in the areas of business writing, editing, communication (In both Spanish and English), research, organization, creativity, working independently, and working as a team. I could not give higher praise to the Serve the City internship program, it has become a corner stone in shaping my aspirations for a future career in community development work.

grad picture
Maren

Most fun you will ever have at an Internship!

As a first time traveler abroad, I was unsure what a summer internship in Spain would mean. Would I simply be responsible for making coffee and doing some paperwork? What did it mean to run a non profit abroad? In just six short weeks, I got a true taste of what it means to live and work in Madrid, making a difference in the lives of real people. As an intern group, we were tasked with developing, pitching, creating and executing a fundraiser in Madrid.

No small feat. Three American girls had to learn how to effectively fundraise in a country that does not share our American views on charity and it was the greatest learning adventure! If you want to have an internship experience that gives you real learning, challenges, self growth and development, look no further than Serve the City-Madrid! You will have real projects, grow genuine connections and meet the most amazing group of people!

I am now working in a non-profit setting here in America but I look forward to the day I might be able to take my love for non-profit work back to Europe. Having the chance to truly create our own project and see our work come to life at the end of the internship was amazing. It will be something you can connect to any future job interview and employers love to see that you had an experience in a different culture! I can't recommend the program enough!

About Serve the City Madrid

Serve the City aims to create a sense of community through serving the city, by organizing and facilitating volunteer projects to help the underprivileged in our society.We aim for Serve The City Madrid to be a movement that is truly accepting, open,...