International Internships in Barcelona with The Intern Group NEW PROGRAM

Final Places Available for Summer Internships

There are only a couple of places remaining for The Intern Group's summer internship programs. Apply now to intern abroad this summer!

We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in Barcelona, one of the most important cities in Europe and the world. During your internship abroad, you will gain hands-on professional experience and build a network for your future career. Your internship in Barcelona will make you stand out from your peers.

Our Barcelona program places top candidates from around the world into a professional, international internship in their career field of choice. Along with an internship, participants also receive housing, cultural and social events and excursions, professional development tools, training, a workshop, an HR assessment, visa assistance and more.

Partnering with a range of companies, organizations and NGOs, our Barcelona program will boost your professional development. We offer programs for people of all backgrounds and experience levels.

Apply now to our award-winning program, as featured in CNN, TIME and Forbes.

• Accommodation
  • A leading internship in your field of interest
  • Professional development tools and training sessions
  • Regular social and cultural events with other programme participants, giving you an immediate community of new friends from all over the world!
  • 24/7 support from our full time team in Barcelona

Ekaterina

Thanks to the Intern Group

This was a wonderful experience, and if anyone ask me, I would definitely recommend it. This might be scary to go to another country, where people speak a different language, but the Intern Group takes care of you before you come, prepares you and takes care while you are there.
The internship in the company has an impact in your future, even if you are not sure whether that is the career you want. You get to know the real life in another country, get to know local people and learn something new. Also, that is an opportunity to make friends in another country!

It would probably be better if the Intern Group gave more information about accommodation, as it was a bit of a surprise when I came.
Sankirth

TIG Barcelona

I interned with TIG Barcelona. It was one of the most memorable trips of my life. They took very good care of everything and organised plenty of events throughout our stay.

It is also an amazing experience as you make new friends and build connections from all over the world which is extremely helpful later on.

I would recommend this program to people looking to intern in Spain, as it is an amazing experience.

A clear picture about the accommodation should be given earlier. A lot of people had problems with their housing.
Kevin

The complete experience & recommendations

As a 4th (going to 5th) year student, I have faced several highs and lows throughout university. Before coming to Barcelona, I had worked at two internships, one in Puerto Rico and one in New Jersey. Even though I have this experience, why did I choose to continue on to doing an international internship in Barcelona?
Initially, I really wanted to leave my comfort zone and do an exchange but I wasn't fond of being such a long time studying away from home and I also thought of vacationing here but I wouldn't be ale to live like a local. So doing an international internship was the best of both worlds.
I'm an engineering student and I came here for 10 weeks. Work culture here in general is very different than in PR and the US and it's great to have been able to experience it.
Barcelona is an amazing city with a relaxed feel to it. There's something here for everybody, although a lot of tourists come to Barcelona, living here for the summer immerses you to find opportunities to do things that locals do and see how people live as oppose to what you're normally used to.

Things you must do: Eat tomato bread (ask a local to see if they can teach you how to make it) and olives, visit "Los bunkers de carmel", go to Barceloneta beach, Castelldefels beach, Sitges beach, Shop at local markets (the closest one near me was Mercat Hostafrancs near Sants. La boqueria and Mercat Sant Antoni are some of the larger ones), get bread at bakeries, find festivals (The intern group guide suggests many of them and they are worth it!), museums are great too, and many more things.

My recommendations: Come to Barcelona with an open mind to any problem that comes, there's always a way to communicate and find a solution and you'll get the most enjoyment and learning out of being here. Planning out your weeks will help a lot but have flexibility in case anything pops up last minute.

A more specific explanation of whats included in terms of cultural events and the flat would eliminate any confusion. Several interns have commented to me that they're paying a ton and "nothing is included" (which i believe is not true, they just don't make the most of what they have).
But it would help

About The Intern Group

The Intern Group is one of the leading providers of international internships. Our programs are located in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia & Latin America. We place participants from all over the world in international internships that propel...